rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a great document.. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I think lap times should be taking out of the equation if you are not going to have multiple sets or at least on set to use on the track. Everyone wants to go faster, but the real cost of dedicated tires and wheels will lower the cost of error and delaminating you street tires. I have not tracked my new car, and may not. I just think its hard to make radical changes without understanding the reality of the change. Tires are pita, roaching a set, then getting new ones, or having poor street performance because you tires are baked, is the problem, If you can keep your speed inline with temps, and still have fun, you win. If you are like me, i hate going slow, so I prefer to not go do track days if I cannot get the most fun out of it. I would rather get a group of guys into the mountains for a fun few days. If I push to my satisfaction, i will roach tires, get frustrated and start playing, setup game, then tire game, next thing you know I have to build a second garage to keep all my sh@t and spend more time fiddling than enjoying, I just don't have the time to dedicate to it.

Quick Reply: Cup 2 tires on a very hot day