Sponsored by:

Golf-ing in Hawaii

Old 06-28-2018, 10:19 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Wow!!! - Love at first site.

That is freakin awesome looking.

So much better admiring one's car than taliking about values.

Post some interior shots
Old 06-29-2018, 05:44 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
My twin GT3 (except for the PCCBs)...looks gorgeous. Enjoy it in good health.
Thanks my Golf brother. How's your car doing? Any luck on the RS allocation?

Originally Posted by jackmac
Speechless...just awesome. Thanks for sharing , enjoy with good health.
jack
Thanks Jack; I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Lapis
Where in Hawaii? Oahu, Maui, Big Island? Living the dream for sure. Hope to join in about 10yrs.

Having visited many times, I wonder about there being enough variety of great roads to get max enjoyment. What are some of your favorite drives there?
I'm actually on Oahu. We are really in need of a track here; definitely not too much places to push the car.

Originally Posted by abiazis
Great spec and color....
Thank you.

Originally Posted by strettyend
Man that looks incredible under the showroom lights. Enjoy!
PEC LA got it down when unveiling your new car there! Definitely was worth it.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:00 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
what island? I'm in Kailua...
I'm on Oahu. Let's get all the boys out one of these days!

Originally Posted by mcipseric
Congrats! Beautiful!
Thank you Eric. Too bad I didn't get to meet you at PEC LA. Zac and Charles were awesome and the experience made me feel like a VIP (far from it though...hehe!)

Originally Posted by Andial
How are you going to get it to HI?
I'm either going to put it on a Matson boat or fly it back over to Honolulu.

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
very well done
Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Congrats!! Enjoy in good health brudda. She's a beauty. I wasn't able to get "the call" from Porsche of Hawaii, if you did that's awesome. Just got off the phone with Moe since my GT3 is landing at his shop today as well, he said that mine won't be the only Hawaiian GT3 in his shop Told him though I relocated to LA from Oahu. You will have a very unique car back home that's for sure!

That summarizes one of my top reasons why I just moved from Oahu to LA (Honolulu will always be home for me). No way I would take my GT3 past 2nd gear with the 55 mph speed limits and its a very policed state (great thing because it's very safe but bad for anyone who enjoys spirited driving here and there). Back when they had the super ferry that was amazing because you could take the car to the other islands where there are much better driving roads, especially on the Big Island...

Someone was asking awhile back about locals on RL, looks like there are more than I thought! Just left Kahala for LA.
Aloha Sam. I was trying to figure out who Moe was talking about when he said another GT3 from Hawaii is coming to his shop. Maybe Moe can take a picture of our cars together before I pick it up. Too bad you're moving from Hawaii; would be nice to get together with other GT guys and do some island runs. I definitely know what you mean. I'll probably chance it on the H3 once in awhile and do some nice pulls but other than that I gotta be mindful of all the cops around. I was so disappointed with the whole super ferry situation; it was the perfect way for all us car guys to get to the other islands and have some fun. Hopefully something else can happen for us soon. Take care and enjoy Cali!

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Great color!
That was the color I ordered until they doubled the price of PTS after I ordered it.
That's right Bill; I remember. Your car looks awesome anyway without the PTS.

Originally Posted by surfer
New car looks cherry kine brah. Congratz!
Mahalos my bruddah!

Originally Posted by dieselino
Wow gorgeous. Congrats! Makes me wish I ordered this or Oslo.
Thanks man. What color did you order?

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Good god....what a beautiful blue car!
Great choice with the wheels.
Thank you sir. When I first saw my car when I got to PEC LA, I just couldn't believe how perfect the color was. My favorite blue out of all my cars so far!

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Wow!!! - Love at first site.

That is freakin awesome looking.

So much better admiring one's car than taliking about values.

Post some interior shots
Thanks Jimmy. I definitely will post some interiors soon. Still thinking about the bypass though; what you think; just do it?
Old 06-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 31 Posts

Sweet ride and color! Looks close to Voodoo.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the difference between Voodoo and Golf, any sample?
Old 06-29-2018, 03:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
I'm on Oahu. Let's get all the boys out one of these days!

Thank you Eric. Too bad I didn't get to meet you at PEC LA. Zac and Charles were awesome and the experience made me feel like a VIP (far from it though...hehe!)

I'm either going to put it on a Matson boat or fly it back over to Honolulu.

Thank you sir.

Aloha Sam. I was trying to figure out who Moe was talking about when he said another GT3 from Hawaii is coming to his shop. Maybe Moe can take a picture of our cars together before I pick it up. Too bad you're moving from Hawaii; would be nice to get together with other GT guys and do some island runs. I definitely know what you mean. I'll probably chance it on the H3 once in awhile and do some nice pulls but other than that I gotta be mindful of all the cops around. I was so disappointed with the whole super ferry situation; it was the perfect way for all us car guys to get to the other islands and have some fun. Hopefully something else can happen for us soon. Take care and enjoy Cali!

That's right Bill; I remember. Your car looks awesome anyway without the PTS.

Mahalos my bruddah!

Thanks man. What color did you order?

Thank you sir. When I first saw my car when I got to PEC LA, I just couldn't believe how perfect the color was. My favorite blue out of all my cars so far!

Thanks Jimmy. I definitely will post some interiors soon. Still thinking about the bypass though; what you think; just do it?
YES- GRP and disconnect valves
Old 06-29-2018, 04:02 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by Nine1won
Sweet ride and color! Looks close to Voodoo.
Originally Posted by Tosilog
Voodoo is definitely lighter than Golf Blue. I was actually thinking of going Voodoo too but went with Golf. Voodoo is on the top and Golf is on the bottom....

Last edited by hayn911gt3; 06-29-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 06-29-2018, 11:58 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Just swung by Moe's shop in Costa Mesa this morning as my GT3 was delivered today, saw your car in one of the special detailing bays and it does look cherry!!! Moe mentioned he might get the cars together for a pic before yours heads out. Which shipper will you use to get the car home? I like Pasha more than Matson personally having shipped a few from the mainland...

I'll still be heading home every couple months for work so I will be on the lookout for your GT3 in town
Old 06-30-2018, 12:03 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

congrats she's a beauty!
Old 07-04-2018, 06:49 AM
yeaayouu
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
what island? I'm in Kailua...
lets do a Hawaii meetup!!
Old 07-04-2018, 06:54 AM
yeaayouu
Instructor

Voodoo is definitely lighter than Golf Blue. I was actually thinking of going Voodoo too but went with Golf. Voodoo is on the top and Golf is on the bottom....
congrats on the car. Let's meet up for a drive when you get back!!
Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Originally Posted by Tosilog
I had a Voodoo Blue .1RS while I had my Golf Blue GT3 and Golf Blue is definitely darker and more toned down. Voodoo is a bit neon blue with a hint of purple while Golf Blue is darker with a hint of grey.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 PM
yeaayouu
Instructor

Default Anyone on oahu?? Cars and coffee ala moana this Sunday!!

Doing a porsche meet up if anyone is free. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Golf-ing in Hawaii