Sponsored by:

Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 04:03 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3

Ladies and gents--I'm finalizing my build for a GT3 in Miami Blue and sorting through CXX options for the interior. Here is what I've got settled:

1. Black/silver houndstooth inserts for the LWBs
2. Harness passthroughs painted in Miami Blue
3. Carbon fiber sills (non-personalized) illuminated in Miami Blue
4. Carbon fiber floor mats with black leather trim and platinum grey stitching (matching rest of interior)

The main CXX option I'm still figuring out is the steering wheel. I can do one of two things:

A. Black Alcantara wheel with yellow stripe (to match PCCB calipers), or
B. Black leather wheel with Riviera Blue stripe

Has anyone seen Riviera Blue leather? Would it be a close enough match to Miami Blue, or would it clash? The kind folks on the Exclusive team aren't sure they've seen the combo and may or may not have a photo to look at.

For reference, this is what the ultimate interior would likely look like (except the wheel and shifter would be leather if I do the blue stripe):

Thoughts? Anything else I'm missing?
Old 06-21-2018, 04:09 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Oh and a few notes that might be helpful to others in the process:

1. RS-style door pulls are no longer available. They had some unforeseen issue with the window sensors or something and stopped allowing the option.
2. Miami Blue stitching, contrary to popular belief, is possible. But it will cost you ~$50K, as it requires a fully custom interior.
3. Exclusive will not allow any cosmetic changes to the aluminum door handle. No paint, no leather, etc. My plan is to replace with a carbon fiber version from MACarbon.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:10 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Ladies and gents--I'm finalizing my build for a GT3 in Miami Blue and sorting through CXX options for the interior. Here is what I've got settled:

1. Black/silver houndstooth inserts for the LWBs
2. Harness passthroughs painted in Miami Blue
3. Carbon fiber sills (non-personalized) illuminated in Miami Blue
4. Carbon fiber floor mats with black leather trim and platinum grey stitching (matching rest of interior)

The main CXX option I'm still figuring out is the steering wheel. I can do one of two things:

A. Black Alcantara wheel with yellow stripe (to match PCCB calipers), or
B. Black leather wheel with Riviera Blue stripe

Has anyone seen Riviera Blue leather? Would it be a close enough match to Miami Blue, or would it clash? The kind folks on the Exclusive team aren't sure they've seen the combo and may or may not have a photo to look at.

For reference, this is what the ultimate interior would likely look like (except the wheel and shifter would be leather if I do the blue stripe):

Thoughts? Anything else I'm missing?
My 2 cents. Paint the rear air intakes for $2200 via CXX.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 PM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mafoofan,
With us, Exclusive Option, we have the ability to leather door pull handle in leather with matching or deviated stitching. We also have the capacity to provide leather parts in Miami Blue stitching. PM us for more details or if you have any questions about our leather/alcantara interior components.

Shiftboot in Leather featuring Miami Blue deviated stitching

2017+ Center console lid in leather with Miami Blue deviated stitching

Old 06-21-2018, 05:08 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just my 2c - get wheel in alcantara not leather; get Porsche crest on arm rest (cheap option and good visual); get pedals in aluminium (another cheap option but adds to the car imho). Rest of it looks real good.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:36 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

My two-cents... do not bring the paint into the cabin. But easily rectified if you do, and change your mind after the fact I guess.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:14 PM
mafoofan
Racer

How do the aluminum pedals work in practice? Seems like they'd get slippery when wet.

Exclusive Option parts with Miami Blue stitching are extremely tempting, but I'd effectively have to replace every single upholstered part of the interior! Why the heck doesn't the factory offer Miami Blue stitching? It's obviously gorgeous.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
My two-cents... do not bring the paint into the cabin. But easily rectified if you do, and change your mind after the fact I guess.
agree wholeheartedly. Paint belongs on the chassis. My 2 cents. But to each their own. Have fun with it!
Old 06-21-2018, 06:24 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Mafoofan,

I am not sure the $4k for a CXX wheel I could stomach, but I would go with leather and blue stripe. Otherwise, I actually think the standard GT3 wheel and shifter in leather is the way to go. Swap the **** for a CF one off a 911R for some flare.

I am working on swapping a wood wheel into a GT3 myself.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:27 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Originally Posted by evilfij
Mafoofan,

I am not sure the $4k for a CXX wheel I could stomach, but I would go with leather and blue stripe.

Yeah cost is silly. I think I can get okay with it though. More concerned with whether a Riviera Blue stripe is a close enough match, particularly since there is Miami Blue trim in the cabin.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

How do the aluminum pedals work in practice? Seems like they'd get slippery when wet.

No they work well in wet. They have a rough surface that provides grip. Those Porsche Engineers thought of everything!!
Old 06-21-2018, 07:02 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Yeah cost is silly. I think I can get okay with it though. More concerned with whether a Riviera Blue stripe is a close enough match, particularly since there is Miami Blue trim in the cabin.
My concern is yours which would be with the interior painted bits matching. Short of seeing if exclusive in Atlanta has an actual sample of Riveria blue leather, I am not sure how you would know an Riveria blue is not a standard leather color on any Porsche I am aware of (I have a blue interior in my 993 and it is dark blue).

Perhaps have the car painted Riveria PTS?
Old 06-21-2018, 07:39 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Mafoofan,

I am not sure the $4k for a CXX wheel I could stomach, but I would go with leather and blue stripe. Otherwise, I actually think the standard GT3 wheel and shifter in leather is the way to go. Swap the **** for a CF one off a 911R for some flare.

I am working on swapping a wood wheel into a GT3 myself.

My concern is yours which would be with the interior painted bits matching. Short of seeing if exclusive in Atlanta has an actual sample of Riveria blue leather, I am not sure how you would know an Riveria blue is not a standard leather color on any Porsche I am aware of (I have a blue interior in my 993 and it is dark blue).

Perhaps have the car painted Riveria PTS?
I must be one of the only people in the universe that actually prefers Miami to Riviera/Mexico. Also, don't want to go through the pain and cost of PTS.

If no one here has compared the Riviera Blue leather to Miami Blue paint, I'll just have to wait for pics from the Exclusive team and make the call. At worst, I'll just go with a yellow stripe--which may actually look better anyway since it references the PCCB calipers.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:51 PM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

Personally I don't like coloring the seat back inserts. It tends to stick out and look out of place to me. Then again, I feel the same about the painted slats or dash inserts.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:58 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, colored stitching would be enough for me. All the other painted trim looks too busy IMO.

Quick Reply: Help on CXX options for Miami Blue GT3