Sponsored by:

New GT3 Build - is it here yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:59 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New GT3 Build - is it here yet?

Ok, so finally got a GT3 build, have a week before its locked in, thoughts? http://www.porsche-code.com/PJRENP86

They say life is too short, so this amazing machine will be my daily driver, canyon carver (PCH, Malibu, Angeles Crest, etc), track car(3-5 times a year), grocery car, getting McD's, taking kids (one at a time) to wherever, so ya, hence the 18 way seats. Should arrive September. Its funny, 8 months ago I drove a Prius, my second one in a row actually, then I purchased 2015 MT 991 GTS last November and now GT3 in a few months, nuts aye? I have the damn Porsche bug now, expensive illness, hopefully its incurable, lol. My dealer/rep will hate me, I will be like that little kid in back of the damn car constantly asking "are we here yet", however, I will be asking "is it here yet"? lol.

So, any suggestions from current .2 owners would be great.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:04 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Looks good. I'd recommend PEC LA delivery.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:18 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Have you done the PEC LA Delivery? I thought about it, but dealer said it could delay delivery a few weeks?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Aku,
I thought GBM is discontinued ? Have you checked with your SA to see if the color is still available for your build? Is your dealer a west coast dealer ?
Jack
Old 06-20-2018, 10:41 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

GBM and SBM are currently on the config but I would check to see as I think those are discontinued currently.

Congrats on the car! This is my second Porsche; my first was a Turbo S. I went big early on and glad I did. I was initially after a Carrera S but after building it the way I wanted I was close to Turbo money anyway, and the depreciation ended up being fairly little on such an expensive car (2 year ownership) so why not. I'm lucky to have a GT3 allocation and again am going big with the build. I'm going to drive the wheels off it.

I'm east coast and was going to do PEC Atlanta delivery but didn't want to risk it taking another month or so for delivery. I'm waiting long enough as it is. Check and see if PEC LA takes longer. Maybe take delivery at your dealer and drive the car to PEC to break it in.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:42 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Love colour...but add LWB
Old 06-20-2018, 10:47 PM
silvertige
Pro

Originally Posted by Aku700
Have you done the PEC LA Delivery? I thought about it, but dealer said it could delay delivery a few weeks?
Yes, just did PEC LA delivery a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool to be able to thrash a GT3 and then drive your own back home. It was a no brainer for me as the dealer I purchased from was in Florida. I was going to do Euro delivery but just couldn't leave the little ones for that long so PEC was a compromise of sorts. Pretty fun but does add potentially several weeks to the delivery, especially if you purchased locally.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

I agree - definitely check on the availability of GBM. Even though the color is still on the GT3 configurator, I think they discontinued GBM, SBM and Rhodium Silver for GT3 builds within the last couple of months. Also, any thoughts on keeping your GTS as a DD and saving the GT3 for weekends and occasional DD duties? I am considering that combination with my GTS (it is a cab and makes an amazing year-round DD by the beach here in So Cal) but I only have one garage space... I know, first world problems. My GTS is probably going to get kicked to the curb - in front of my house. Congrats on the allocation and beautiful build, no matter what color you end up with!
Old 06-20-2018, 11:15 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by macan2016
Love colour...but add LWB
-
If I was mainly going to track this car, yes, I agree, but I will only track this 3-5 times a year, for the other 340ish days a year, this will be my daily car, going to customer appts, going shopping, taking dog, kids, cruising and everything else, 18 way seats cant be beat, I will drive the crap out of this car, 1-2K miles per month. I have them on my MT 991 GTS now and its just pure joy. I plan to take a few trips to Vegas, northern cal, Arizona, etc, so cant see doing buckets, my back wouldn't hold out, LOL.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by silvertige
Yes, just did PEC LA delivery a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool to be able to thrash a GT3 and then drive your own back home. It was a no brainer for me as the dealer I purchased from was in Florida. I was going to do Euro delivery but just couldn't leave the little ones for that long so PEC was a compromise of sorts. Pretty fun but does add potentially several weeks to the delivery, especially if you purchased locally.
But do they have manual GT3 to trash? But yes, my guy said it will delay it by weeks and possible a month. He also stated he will take me in the very near future as a customer perk, so cant beat that.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I agree - definitely check on the availability of GBM. Even though the color is still on the GT3 configurator, I think they discontinued GBM, SBM and Rhodium Silver for GT3 builds within the last couple of months. Also, any thoughts on keeping your GTS as a DD and saving the GT3 for weekends and occasional DD duties? I am considering that combination with my GTS (it is a cab and makes an amazing year-round DD by the beach here in So Cal) but I only have one garage space... I know, first world problems. My GTS is probably going to get kicked to the curb - in front of my house. Congrats on the allocation and beautiful build, no matter what color you end up with!
-
When my rep asked what I plan to get, I told him GBM and Manual, he had no reaction other then "great, manual GT3 NA will hold its value", so I will double check to be safe.. As for my GTS, no, I will have to sadly sell it, its an impressive beast of a machine, cant wait to see how much of monster the GT3 will be in comparison. My GTS parks on the street now and GT3 will take its place, lol.], my neighbors will wonder, wtf, gt3 on street and no, its not gated community. I plan to drive the crap out of this car, take it every, do everything with it, etc, kinda like I did with my first real GF, LOL. Life is too short, so gonna enjoy this while I can. My dad died at the age of 62 back in 2010, when he got sick, he had 4 weeks to live, so I'm 51 now and said screw it, enjoy while I can, because you never know what can happen tomorrow and I don't want regrets. I drove 2 Prii from 2009 til 2017, did about 300,000 miles on them, so I put in my dues for "green" energy and now I'm gonna make up for it, LOL. I work from home now, so about estimate about 1500 or so miles a month. This is my long term car. Life, its a pisser.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:32 PM
silvertige
Pro

Originally Posted by Aku700
But do they have manual GT3 to trash? But yes, my guy said it will delay it by weeks and possible a month. He also stated he will take me in the very near future as a customer perk, so cant beat that.
Yes, they give you the equivalent model... so it was a manual GT3 for me haha.

Nice perk!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

Let's get together to beat the hell out of our cars - mine arrives around Christmas. I know some other LA-based RL'ers who would probably love to join us!
Old 06-21-2018, 01:25 AM
cemga
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a GBM GT3 Touring arriving in August. I was told that GBM was not going to be available after June build, except as PTS. I was able to get an end of May build.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Aku700
Instructor

Originally Posted by silvertige
Yes, they give you the equivalent model... so it was a manual GT3 for me haha.

Nice perk!
wow, that's awesome, I will bug my rep about this now for sure. I am no Mario Andretti, so would be great to get tips from the experience center. Until 8 months ago with GTS, I haven't driven a manual since about 1990, so ya, still learning again, but damn is it fun. I am sure the GT3 will be a totally different beast vs my GTS.

Quick Reply: New GT3 Build - is it here yet?