Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Not Buy from Chicago Motor Cars / my 911R

Old 06-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Big_foxy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I sold my 991gt3 to Dan a while ago and it was one of the easiest transactions I've ever done...from the looks of it you want to sell your car, agree on a price (rennlist or not) and the transaction goes through smoothly, what's the real problem here?

Thanks bud, lets get together next week when I am in town and NOT talk about cars. lol
Old 06-13-2018, 11:15 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

no, you have a few pieces right, the ones that support the story in your head. And missed the macro point entirely. Here we go:

Originally Posted by LexVan
Wait, do I have this all right:

1) You made many-many $1,000 flipping a car, and are "massively disappointed"?
Yes, both can be true at the same time, does this confuse you? I am disappointed at dishonesty. This is the overall point of the thread.

2) Got paid in full, and are "massively disappointed"?
Yes, see above.

3) Knowingly dealt with a used-car-salesman, and became surprised and "massively disappointed"?
Knowingly how? Not known or disclosed.

4) Then you come on Rennlist and disclose private information about a Rennlister?
Yes

5) It's OK for you to flip for a profit, but not anyone else?
Its not ok to be dishonest.

6) You get disappointed easily?
No

* I don't know Mr. Fox
** I know very little about CMC....what I do know, it to stay away from them
***CMC's (poor) reputation is well established on RL
****Not all used-car-salesmen are bad
Old 06-13-2018, 11:17 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Posting private conversations (above text messages) is also against forum rules.

Nice work reneging on your deal, and increasing the price $10,000. But you kept that detail out. Why? "Buy The Seller" they say.

You are suffering from Seller's Remorse. It will pass.
Thanks - feel free to delete the message.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:18 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I sold my 991gt3 to Dan a while ago and it was one of the easiest transactions I've ever done...from the looks of it you want to sell your car, agree on a price (rennlist or not) and the transaction goes through smoothly, what's the real problem here?

Somehow he see's it listed for new asking price and he feels he left $$ on the table. Dealers asking isn't what it will likely sell for and they have the carry the car and have money tied up.

They are a BUSINESS like any other dealer. DUH!
Old 06-13-2018, 11:19 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

I sold my 991gt3 to Dan a while ago and it was one of the easiest transactions I've ever done...from the looks of it you want to sell your car, agree on a price (rennlist or not), you then ADD money to it and the transaction still goes through smoothly, what's the real problem here?
The problem is the intended use of the car and who was buying it which was clearly misleading. Believe it or not, the TERMS of a deal can contain more than the $$$ involved payment. Do you realize that? So the deal terms were not upheld.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by superquant
The problem is the intended use of the car and who was buying it which was clearly misleading. Believe it or not, for some people there is more to $$$ involved in agreeing to a transaction. Is that conceivable?

You sold a DAMN car, not your first born. Move on. Geez.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:21 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
You sold a DAMN car, not your first born. Move on. Geez.
i've moved on thanks - just providing transparency (again perhaps since CMC is well known)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:23 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Even though it has 1,800 miles, for less than $300K, that is a great buy!

Hope the parties involved, get the issues resolved.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Just had a massively disappointing car experience with selling my 911R to a would be ‘rennlister’ Big_foxy, aka Dan Fox and his scummy shop Chicago Motor Cars.

I thought I would sell the car to an enthusiast so i posted it on rennlist at a good price. Dan straight lied to me on multiple occasions and represented himself as buyer and user.

Now the car has shown up as a flip. Buyers be advised: dan paid under 300 for the car so you should be able to get it at that price. Or don’t buy it at all from slimey people that you cant trust.

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/vehi...il-id-24447705
Old 06-13-2018, 11:23 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Thanks - feel free to delete the message.
You're a hypocrite. You have Seller's Remorse. It will pass. But, you'll always be a hypocrite.

What are you going to do with the $10,000 bonus?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Capitalism at its finest. As said before....Frankly my dear I don't give a damn. For Christs sake quit whining on the list.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:29 AM
STG
Race Director

Just had a massively disappointing car experience with selling my 911R to a would be ‘rennlister’ Big_foxy, aka Dan Fox and his scummy shop Chicago Motor Cars.

I thought I would sell the car to an enthusiast so i posted it on rennlist at a good price. Dan straight lied to me on multiple occasions and represented himself as buyer and user.

Now the car has shown up as a flip. Buyers be advised: dan paid under 300 for the car so you should be able to get it at that price. Or don’t buy it at all from slimey people that you cant trust.

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/vehi...il-id-24447705

If you wanted to do an enthusiast a favor you should have sold it for MSRP. How much did you make on the car??

Ok for you to make a profit, but cry on the forum when you sell for more than your asking and get paid in full??
Old 06-13-2018, 11:35 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

The problem is the intended use of the car and who was buying it which was clearly misleading. Believe it or not, the TERMS of a deal can contain more than the $$$ involved payment. Do you realize that? So the deal terms were not upheld.
I just re-read your For Sale listing in our Classifieds. Nowhere in your ad did you state conditions of sale as related to "intended use" or "who was buying it". In fact, you stated nothing at all, just a price and mileage. You can't change the rules after the deal.

You made about $100,000 on the flip. Great job. Congrats (seriously). Beautiful car. I can see why you are now feeling remorseful. It's done. Move on. But try dragging everyone else down with you.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:41 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

If you break up with your woman , or let go of your car, don't get upset where they end up..no matter what you are promised,.they are no longer in your control.
This transaction may stink, but I don't think it is worth discussing on a public forum, it does no one anything good.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Another Rennlist meltdown.

Provide the contract where it states what intended use shall be, otherwise stop bashing people and companies for doing what they want with their car.

Remember, trust nothing you hear and only half of what you see
Old 06-13-2018, 11:57 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There are a few on this site that will act like they are buying the car for the personal use but have other intentions. . I had it happen to me a few years back. Yes I was little bugged that I got lied to. But I got what I wanted so..
You might not like it but you got 10k more then your asking price..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do Not Buy from Chicago Motor Cars / my 911R