Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Car Connect

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Martini
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3 Car Connect

Received my Guards Red 6 Speed Manual last November and promptly put her into storage. I am getting to know her now. She is broken-in and has seen one track day at Tremblant and two at Calabogie. Very impressive . Looking forward to getting as comfortable with her as I am with my 996 GT3 which I have been tracking for 14 years.

Other cars that I have allow me to remotely raise and lower the windows. My 996 GT3 allows me to raise and lower my windows with the key, something I need for trailering. I can't seem to find any similar function on my new GT3. The "Remote" function on my Car Connect does nothing but tell me if a door is ajar, a window open, or the trunk lid or engine compartment lid open. The My Porsche (Connect) app tells me to go to the Car Connect App to get details about my car, which basically tells me if my tire pressures are in spec.

Any suggestions??

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I've played with these apps for half a day when I first got the car. They are pretty useless., IMO. Cant start the car nor lock/unlock the doors remotely, as examples.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
I've played with these apps for half a day when I first got the car. They are pretty useless., IMO. Cant start the car nor lock/unlock the doors remotely, as examples.
Agree. Useless app unless your enamored with all apps.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:42 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

I agree. The app is pointless. Except you can see location of car on map, see if you left a window open or door unlocked. And you can geofence and speedfence the car, which is nice if you leave it for service or repair. For example, my car is at detailer getting PPF. I have it geofenced and speedfenced. So if someone decides to go for a joy ride, I'll know about it. So that's useful.

I do wish I could lock the doors though.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Martini
Track Day

For me, being able to raise or lower the windows is the big thing. I would be happy if there was some way to do it with the standard remote, but this seems not to be possible. Was hoping to be able to do it with the Porsche Connect. Apparently you can do all manner of things with Porsche Connect with other models...Panamera, etc.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Martini
For me, being able to raise or lower the windows is the big thing. I would be happy if there was some way to do it with the standard remote, but this seems not to be possible. Was hoping to be able to do it with the Porsche Connect. Apparently you can do all manner of things with Porsche Connect with other models...Panamera, etc.
Well with our Macan you can lock the doors and fold the mirrors. Not too much. Rather strange things are so limited. With the 996/986 you could have the car coded to use the remote to open/close the windows. Don't know if this is an option on the 991's.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Martini
Track Day

That might be my best bet....to see if I can get the remote changed. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Car Connect