Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone able to buy GT3 at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 06:46 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I got on a list back in 2016 December.... was promised msrp.
but I was wrong they kept my money until January of 2017.
and then told me I can't get u a car ...basically they screwed me .
if I only knew ...I'm first time buyer.
So a about month ago found allocation for 20k over.
What I will say that the guys who found msrp without trading a car...or previous business
with that dealership....are very lucky that they got a car at
Most here have paid either through previous purchase or a trade for a gt3.
A local dealer told me a few months ago give me your R8 today and I will promise u a allocation.
i didn't believe them....plus I still want my R8.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Gonzogonzilla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be picking up my Miami Blue on Monday in Zuffenhausen. And yes I paid MSRP and YES, I'm happy with Porsche of North Scottsdale for busting their asses to not only get me the allocation, since I hadn't purchased from them previously, but they treated me like they valued me as a customer. I know Penske and his Garagemahal on Scottsdale Road gets his ration of mierda from many, but I sure don't have a reason to complain. My M5 gets good treatment from his BMW dealership and this experience with the GT3 has exceeded expectation.

So, wish me luck going from Stuttgart to Reims - Orleans - Tours - LEMANS - Beaune - Norschliefe - Trier/Mosel Valley - Stuttgart. I'll be taking a Rennlister/PCA guy with me, so it'll be a really boys trip. God help us.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

North Scottsdale does indeed treat their in-state customers well.
Too bad there are only two seats. I could have helped carry luggage or something.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:17 PM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Despite buying three new Porsches from the same dealer, was advised they can no longer sell GT cars at MSRP because that is leaving too much profit on the table. While I am a good customer, other customers are great customers (defined as stupid enough to pay over MSRP). After driving a few GT cars, am happy that I don't own one, too mechanically noisy and rough riding for how I use my Porsche. Not sorry to admit to smirking more than a little when low mileage previous gens sell for under MSRP. Glad to see so many got GT3s for MSRP, even PTS, maybe stealerships and their great customers will take note.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:34 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I highly doubt it. I think it's just people who paid MSRP are more willing to post their success in threads like this one.
You gotta look outside of your microcosm sometimes to see what is really going on.
Yes, difficult in some cities because of the population and average net worth. The world is not centered on where you live and who you know. Even then, there are plenty of MSRP deals in those areas. You just aren't privy to them.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:57 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

My guess is there are more people that got MSRP cars vs those that paid over....we as a community talk more about ADM (much more) than not. Plus there are A LOT of GT owners that just aren't on Rennlist....and many are long time Porsche customers with good relationships with their dealer....

Regardless we wouldn't have half as many threads as we do if we banned the words ADM and MSRP....
Old 06-05-2018, 08:36 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

MSRP. Put my name on the list 2 years ago and submitted the build in August. Picked up the car in May.

I think getting a GT car is doable if one is patient, proactive, and a little bit lucky. It can’t hurt to have a history with the dealership or a trade in.
Duhhh, obvious.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:34 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
You gotta look outside of your microcosm sometimes to see what is really going on.
Yes, difficult in some cities because of the population and average net worth. The world is not centered on where you live and who you know. Even then, there are plenty of MSRP deals in those areas. You just aren't privy to them.
Mine was at MSRP, but I enjoyed the irony of your post nonetheless. Small and biased sample here on RL.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:46 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Mine was at MSRP, but I enjoyed the irony of your post nonetheless. Small and biased sample here on RL.
Who said I was referring to rennlist?
The bias is there, but the bias goes both ways, you know.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:13 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

I was on the "wait list" for the GT3 even before it was formally announced by Porsche. My dealership is Porsche Downtown LA. They were offering builds for a $25k ADM even then. I was able to get that ADM more than cut in half (this will be my third 911 lease or purchase from them) and I may get it for sticker or close to sticker when push comes to shove as I will make it loud and clear that I will not be buying another car from them in the future if they charge me an ADM.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:29 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I find it interesting that people are putting deposits at the dealership 2-3 years before the car is even released. How is this possible? Can I randomly walk in any dealership today and ask if I can put a deposit for a future 992 GT3 ?
Talk about being proactive.....
Jack
Old 06-06-2018, 12:50 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jackmac
I find it interesting that people are putting deposits at the dealership 2-3 years before the car is even released. How is this possible? Can I randomly walk in any dealership today and ask if I can put a deposit for a future 992 GT3 ?
Talk about being proactive.....
Jack
No. Not all dealerships do this. You have to call and ask. You do have to be proactive to get a car at MSRP, that much is true.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:08 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
No. Not all dealerships do this. You have to call and ask. You do have to be proactive to get a car at MSRP, that much is true.
Joe,
I hear you, and thanks for the explanation. Hopefully I would be satisfied with the current model. I just don't know if I would put myself through all this work for the next model/GT3.
Jack
Old 06-06-2018, 01:17 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jackmac
Joe,
I hear you, and thanks for the explanation. Hopefully I would be satisfied with the current model. I just don't know if I would put myself through all this work for the next model/GT3.
Jack
Oh yeah, I feel the same way. I'm pretty sure my incoming RS will be my last Porsche for a while. My tolerance for this stuff is gone.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:36 AM
aeGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did with custom color at MSRP; the car will be delivered in August

Quick Reply: Anyone able to buy GT3 at MSRP