991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decorative stitching on extended interior package dashboard trim in leather

Old 06-02-2018, 11:50 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

Good luck - i had the same thing happen on my 18 TTS with extended leather and deviated GT Silver - porsche shipped the car with the std stitching in the extended trim pieces. It's taken tons of time with PCNA and finally the dealer came up with a workaround via new order for dealer stock. PCNA was little help and i've yet to hear back from the rep. I got one call back saying they were "still working on it" then nothing else. It's been 4 weeks since last contact with PCNA. Dealer worked it with their contact for 8 weeks to no avail.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:00 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
What do you mean by there isn't any deviated stitching in WP cars? Haven't heard that before. I ask because I am doing the WP with PTS and hopefully yellow stitching. If I have to give up one, it will be the stitching though....
Thanks wru, Porsche should consider to adjust or improve their system as this has happened on so many people, I'm the third case at least in rennlist community in 2018.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:02 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by wru
Good luck - i had the same thing happen on my 18 TTS with extended leather and deviated GT Silver - porsche shipped the car with the std stitching in the extended trim pieces. It's taken tons of time with PCNA and finally the dealer came up with a workaround via new order for dealer stock. PCNA was little help and i've yet to hear back from the rep. I got one call back saying they were "still working on it" then nothing else. It's been 4 weeks since last contact with PCNA. Dealer worked it with their contact for 8 weeks to no avail.
Thanks wru, Porsche should consider to adjust or improve their system as this has happened on so many people, I'm the third case at least in rennlist community in 2018.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by brian7272
On the face of it; it doesn’t seem that it would be a huge effort for Porsche to manufacture the piece and have the dealer install it. You’re missing the extended lather package pieces with the correct stitching - They manufacture those pieces every day. If they weren’t separate pieces then it would be more complicated.

But (the big ‘but’. No pun intended), it seems that stitching in another color sometimes presents delays, and incomprehensible complications in terms of time. So you may be in for a bureaucratic struggle (hopefully not). Those pieces are marked as Cxx correct ? If you haven’t already done so, perhaps a phone call to Exclusive in Atlanta ?

Hope it turns out

Old 06-05-2018, 07:38 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by Benedict14

On the face of it; it doesn’t seem that it would be a huge effort for Porsche to manufacture the piece and have the dealer install it. You’re missing the extended lather package pieces with the correct stitching - They manufacture those pieces every day. If they weren’t separate pieces then it would be more complicated.

But (the big ‘but’. No pun intended), it seems that stitching in another color sometimes presents delays, and incomprehensible complications in terms of time. So you may be in for a bureaucratic struggle (hopefully not). Those pieces are marked as Cxx correct ? If you haven’t already done so, perhaps a phone call to Exclusive in Atlanta ?

Hope it turns out

I went to the dealership today and the sales manager said he is waiting for the answer from Germany.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

That's why it's best to go directly to the Porsche Exclusive folks so all the correct boxes get checked. Although I had them tell me a bald-faced lie, they can often be helpful. Or contact Eduardo for PTS and CXX help. With the deviated stitching, every area that is stitched has a text box where the color must be entered. ChicagoWhale actually had useful info above. If nothing is specified, the stitching is the default color. Makes no sense, but it's a German thing.

Once the car is completed, it will be almost impossible and very expensive to correct. Most dealers will have at least one salesperson who understands the process. All the sales managers should know enough to check the order before submission, but obviously some do not.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:18 PM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

This is very upsetting. I just received mine!!!! Talk with the sale representative, and said he has no idea why this happened. He said maybe due to location and most likely cannot be fix since car already took delivery and left factory. So I asked him , am I suppose to take anything that Is out from factory?

Old 02-27-2019, 01:12 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by hypeber
Talk with the sale representative, and said he has no idea why this happened.
He has no idea, that IS why this happened!

Most probably, it is his and the dealership's fault for not adding the correct notes in the ordering system when ordering the deviated stitching for all the extended pieces. Not the factory's fault (unless the dealer did specify it and factory still screwed up, but I doubt that is what happened). Ask the dealer to fix it. There is another thread where the dealer ordered the parts with correct stitching after the fact.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:22 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

After reading all this I decided to save the $5k and just keep it all platinum stitch.. its happened twice to the dealer here and they have no idea why. What kills me is when you see the Porsche factory videos these extra options are added on after by PEOPLE.. don't they notice it.. LOL!
Old 02-27-2019, 01:26 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyr
He has no idea, that IS why this happened!

Most probably, it is his and the dealership's fault for not adding the correct notes in the ordering system when ordering the deviated stitching for all the extended pieces. Not the factory's fault (unless the dealer did specify it and factory still screwed up, but I doubt that is what happened). Ask the dealer to fix it. There is another thread where the dealer ordered the parts with correct stitching after the fact.
No doubt this is the SA's fault. What a terrible predicament. You could opt not to take the car and have the dealer give you a need allocation. It would mean another six month wait.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:04 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Exclusive Options can make the pieces in the correct stitching. The dealer screwed up and Porsche doesn't particularly care.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:38 AM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We, Exclusive Option, understand a few Porsche owners have come across a problem with mix-matched deviated stitching options from The Factory. There have been cases of many members having to wait months for the factory to get correct parts to owners who specialized certain interior leather/thread colors for their vehicles and in some cases have had to get it done twice.

For those who do not wish to wait or their dealership cannot obtain parts from the factory, we are here to fulfill the interior gap. Our Leather/Alcantara interior parts utilize OEM cores and conform to Porsche spec for installation. Most parts only require a trim tool for installation. We carry many exotic thread colors such as Acid Green and Lizard Green

View below for pictures of previous work completed; we carry all leather colors with for those with LTS (leather to sample) and a wide-array of thread selection. Feel free to contact us via PM or email for further information.

991 Inner Sills In Leather

991 Defroster Panels (Black Leather with Bordeaux deviated stitching)

991 Dashboard Endplates in a variety of leather/thread colors

991 Burmester Dash Speaker Grills

991 Center Dash Speaker with Leather Chrono Hood in deviated stitching

991 Center Dash Speaker with Leather Chrono Hood in deviated stitching

Bose version of Leather 991 Dash Speaker Grill with Platinum Silver deviated stitching

Variety of 991 Dash Side Speaker Grills

991 Defroster Panels in Leather with deviated stitching

Old 02-28-2019, 11:07 AM
goldberg
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

what a mess.

lucky all those pieces pop out.
get porsche to order them in the correct spec, and swap them over.

They all pop out.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:40 PM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had the same problem. The sales man SHOULD write the stitching color you went for after selecting each box. I went for extended stiching in yellow. Everything was yellow other than my air vents. My air vents were also platinum grey. At the end of the day your the customer, & you did not order your car this way. It is not your fault who's mistake it was. Your dealer should make a complaint to Porsche AG and they should send you the correct parts.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:51 PM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My issue took 11 months to fix. Porsche sent the wrong parts 4 times !!!!! It took them 11 months until all the correct parts were sent! Good luck mate. It seems like this company is going to lose a lot of customers. They have no compliance and ethics. It's one thing to do a mistake, everyone does & that's understand able. However if a customer accepts this fault when purchasing a premium car from them with lots of money, they should make things better in the end, they should give the customer some sort of compensation for the screw up they've done which has ruined the whole experience. Unfortunately they do not understand this at all. All Porsche cares about these days is getting momey from the customers. Once they've got the money, they don't give a **** about you. That's the reason why we should NOT be understand able with this company anymore. I hope they fix this big issue they have, because unfortunately Porsche is ruining the family and friend environment they had between their customers and themselves - this was the main reason I bought this car - unfortunately the experience has been a disaster from the first day I got it. I've had continuous lies to shut me up and whats made the experience worse is that they only want to give me $500 compensation when they initially promised me "at least 1 year warranty". I guess that was just to shut me up.
I hope you guys have a better experience, but this is mine from PORSCHE MIDDLE EAST where I've bought the car from Porsche Ali & Sons!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Decorative stitching on extended interior package dashboard trim in leather