Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mexico Blue vs Miami Blue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 04:06 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Miami blue is a wonderful shade of blue with green / turquoise hues. I think it looks better than many other PTS blues, IMO. Only reason it gets bad rep is it’s availability. If it were a PTS color, it would have been treated differently.

That said, I think these light blue shades, including all the PTS light blue colors, don’t look good on the newer 911s. These blues look so much better on older air cooled cars. If I were going blue on the 991, it would be one of the darker shades.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:13 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 195 Posts

Miami cannot be accurately captured in photos.

I've gone full circle on this color and learned a few things about it: it's DARKER than pics in real life, with a stronger hint of green than pics will ever show. Somehow this color can trick our phone cams into capturing a brighter and more bluish hue (hence the comparison with Riviera when the real things are very different).

FWIW, pics under midday sun show it as a radiant cyan:
Name:  photo603.jpg
Views: 10458
Size:  749.5 KB

The real thing is close to this (adjusted down the vibrance and turned up the green in post-editing):
Name:  photo576.jpg
Views: 11601
Size:  922.0 KB

Caveat: most of our phones aren't color-calibrated so ultimately these pics look different to different people. I came to my conclusion after seeing multiple actual cars and spending much time with the color samples at the dealer.

Last edited by CRex; 06-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:01 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you like turquoise, Miami is great. Personally, I love it (I'm also an 80s fan). If I didn't get PTS, I would have gotten Miami, I think it is a future classic.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:30 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Miami looks great in direct sun. In shade or darker environments looks dull and pretty bad imho. I was digging this colour long, almost ordered one and now so happy I actually picked up plain white.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Mexico Blue is a very nice blue that fits most 911 body styles well. HOwever, Miami on the GT3 is in another league - very unique, special looking color that screams exotic.
Agree- Miami Blue has really grown on me. Looks great.

I love the Caribean and the color just relaxes me
Old 06-02-2018, 04:42 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Mexico Uber Alles!
+1
Old 06-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Porsche's current color palette doesn't leave me wanting for anything pts. It was different when the choices were SO lame: grey, white, metallic blue. THEN pts was freaking GOLD. now, unless u want some brown or pink or gold; something way out there; it's just splitting hairs at this point. Maybe if you want a dark blue. Otherwise Porsche is letting us pick from plenty of bold, awesome standard colors. And we haven't had that choice since the 997.1rs; even those color options were limited compared to the current offering. Thumbs up to porsche for giving us an awesome set of colors to choose from.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:00 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Porsche's current color palette doesn't leave me wanting for anything pts. It was different when the choices were SO lame: grey, white, metallic blue. THEN pts was freaking GOLD. now, unless u want some brown or pink or gold; something way out there; it's just splitting hairs at this point. Maybe if you want a dark blue. Otherwise Porsche is letting us pick from plenty of bold, awesome standard colors. And we haven't had that choice since the 997.1rs; even those color options were limited compared to the current offering. Thumbs up to porsche for giving us an awesome set of colors to choose from.
Most that go for PTS seem to go for some type of non-metallic blue or green. The only PTS color I would've chosen over Miami (if PTS were available) would be Irish Green
Old 06-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Blue Flame
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

During my visit at RUF Automobile...Mrs Ruf came to my car and said...Mexicoblue is a great color...;-)

Blueflame
Old 06-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Blue Flame
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Here with Lavaorange on a rainy day.

Blueflame

Old 06-02-2018, 06:43 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree that Miami does have something a bit more unique going for it than riviera, mexico, etc, which are all stunning. I'm actually at the point where my dealer is now telling me they can input a PTS code into my build, but I find myself still leaning towards Miami (irrespective of the additional cost for PTS). choosing a color has proven to be quite a bit more challenging than I had thought it would be.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:23 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1!
Originally Posted by 0to60
Miami blue is a consultation prize for failing to get PTS Mexico blue. Miami turquoise should not be in the same sentence of Mexico blue.
+1
Miami is like Orbits gum after being chewed compared to Mexico or Riviera. Sorry just stating facts
Old 06-02-2018, 07:31 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I normally don't get into the Miami vs PTS blue debate as I think people are anti miami because it is not PTS. I think Miami looks awesome and I think voodoo, maritime, Mexico, etc look awesome. The fact is, they are all different. I was at my dealer and they had Miami and voodoo and it was one of the best representation to my eyes of Miami.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:33 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Originally Posted by stpatsday

+1
Miami is like Orbits gum after being chewed compared to Mexico or Riviera. Sorry just stating facts
I think Miami is interesting because it's a bit more extroverted than the other blues. In the world of color, Riviera and mexico are both somewhat conservative IMHO. What makes the world go around I suppose...
Old 06-02-2018, 07:36 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I normally don't get into the Miami vs PTS blue debate as I think people are anti miami because it is not PTS. I think Miami looks awesome and I think voodoo, maritime, Mexico, etc look awesome. The fact is, they are all different. I was at my dealer and they had Miami and voodoo and it was one of the best representation to my eyes of Miami.

Agreed. that is pretty close

Quick Reply: Mexico Blue vs Miami Blue