Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Color me jealous.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:16 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by SEB74

best gt3 rs with 300 laps experience with the car no traffic new trofeo r race kw suspension7:08
best gt2 rs with 120 laps experience with the car (i guess) 30 laps old tire mpsc2 and 2/3 sec traffic 7:10
WOW, you’re some driver.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:31 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Very cool taking the .2 RS to the Ring for those many laps! That driver in the turbo was no slouch either, great driving
Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

The power is not the problem, the problem is the speed arrival on the curve!!...which is 30-50km/h more than a 3rs and the entry speed midcurve speed is the same than on the 3 rs, so that is the challenge, enough braking for find the proper speed, not too much not too low

this is really the nut of it, isn't it? judging/maximizing entry speed in high-speed corners is what separates really quick drivers. trying to do that with a 700hp missile takes it to whole new level.

really sad that the closest many of these cars will come to a track is sitting next to a track poster on the garage wall while being rubbed with a baby diaper by some hedge fund flipper.

sincerely hope AP lives up to his word and makes enough so that real drivers can get one.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 163 Posts

Wow, what a proper way to break in such a beast. Thanks for the report!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:02 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Great post, thanks for the informed comparison, and kudos to you for *really* using the car as intended!!

Can you comment on the transition on/off boost? I agree with you that driver sensitivity is hugely important (same was true when one hopped from a 997.2 3RS into a GT2RS), but the thing that caught a lot of drivers out was how the boost came in. That, and the fastest drivers still had to "prime" the turbos a lil bit with the throttle in the old car. Do you feel the new car wants to be driven differently from the naturally aspirated RS?

Keep your posts coming!!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:09 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Enjoyed reading your review, I had the pleasure of seeing a couple 2RS on the track at Imola and Nurburgring last month during my ED trip... witnessed breathtaking speed and the sound was quite good to my surprise, deeper tone

I only have 1 Ring lap to my name, but I was smiling thinking about it as I read your review

Safe driving & enjoy in good health!!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:49 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

hi all,
ok this is a first review after made around 6000kms with the car include 4000kms of nordschleife driving 😁

first of all this car should be sold only to customer with one coaching before they go on the track because it is so special and hard to drive at the limit.
The power is not the problem, the problem is the speed arrival on the curve!!...which is 30-50km/h more than a 3rs and the entry speed midcurve speed is the same than on the 3 rs, so that is the challenge, enough braking for find the proper speed, not too much not too low

The first day i arrived on the track and made 5 launched lap, i just wanted one thing....sell the car as soon as i can and buy a gt3 rs instead....after 4days of hard driving on the ring but with progressive speed and a half day of full pro coaching iam now so in love with my gt2 rs!!!

if you drive the car at 60% of the capacity, everybody can drive it with no problem and risk, but if you want to be in Up of 70% of the car it is an other story especially on nurburgring track.

first i made a simple setup to Manthey just camber nothing special, also intallation of steel brake disc and endless brake pads, but honestly the car is ready to go on the track with the oem setup (my coach made 7:07 with a standard customer car and 7:04 with my car who has the setup.
all the rest is stock include the mpsc2 n2

This car is so crazy good, the power of one supercar with the chassis of the gt3 rs, every people say it is too soft, too dangerous, too powerfull must continue to improve their driving because yes with gt3 rs at schwedenkreuz curve it is 270 and with the 2rs 300 so offcourse the physical law will not accept you ln the following curve at the same speed difference between both car!!
the 2rs must be deserve to people who accept to change their driving style on the track and this can take a lot of time depend of people, for me i needed 100laps of nurburgring 😂
also at my opinion it is a really bad idea to own 3rs and 3rs because offcourse 3rs is MUCH easier and if you take the wheel of the 2rs after, the risk of crash is very big

so yeah it is a different car but wow what a pleasure, it is so intense and affraid at the begining and after improve improve improve the pleasure is so hi.

It is an exceptional car with a true potential with no modification needed, again if you want to go fast with it you must deserve it and work work work!

I will offcourse not sell the car and keep it because the challenge to drive it fast is so interesting, here a couple of indication.

1/ with the fuel tank full you can do between 7 and 10 laps depend of the speed, which is not bad (with my ex 3 rs between 10/12 laps)

2/ the water spray system is empty after 2 laps with hot outside temp, and feel 40hp less with out at my opinion and honnestly it is a very good idea to drive with out water when you begin! No light appear when the water is empty just the power feeling.

3/ the temp of engine and oil is really nice and cool down so crazy fast, i drove one day with 30°c outside temp (track was at 60°c) and absolutely no problem, after your lap all temp come down so fast, all fan works at the perfection

4/tire, the mpsc2 is i think the best tire on the planet, i made 100laps and 3000kms of hard road drivig and their was steel good!!!!
i changed after for better feeling but wow crazy strong, grip is good but offcourse under the grip of trofeo r tire but so predictive.
every people who has the dunlop just put it at the trash as soon as you can!!!!

5/brakes? Nothing to say about that, porsche brakes....legend

So yeah a trully crazy ****ing car, a beast
I need a cigarette.

Thank you.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:55 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Many Thanks for the GREAT Review Seb. It gives me a whole new level of respect for the challenges the GT2RS presents to any Non-professional Driver daring to venture into
the unique realm of speed the car can propel you into on Track. The dangers of being seduced into approaching corners at unfamiliar warp speeds unprepared are considerable.
I see your point in warning new owners to nibble away at the speed envelope in VERY small increments with extensive familiarization laps lest they exceed their skill levels.
And do not expect to be the fastest car on the track without going through that extensive learning curve. For the new GT2RS Driver on Track, Self Restraint becomes essential.
After reading your excellent Review and having driven a friend's GT2RS on the street, I can see its docile street demeanor can be very deceptive in a Track environment.
And I Thank You very much for revealing that. May you enjoy many delightful miles in your new GT2RS Accident-Free and in Good Health.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:59 AM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer

this is really the nut of it, isn't it? judging/maximizing entry speed in high-speed corners is what separates really quick drivers. trying to do that with a 700hp missile takes it to whole new level.

really sad that the closest many of these cars will come to a track is sitting next to a track poster on the garage wall while being rubbed with a baby diaper by some hedge fund flipper.

sincerely hope AP lives up to his word and makes enough so that real drivers can get one.
yes i wanted to say (sorry my english not perfect) that yes you arrive 40/50kmh more than the 3 rs on the curve but the entry and min speed in curves can not be 40/50kmh more but same same than the 3 rs, so we must adapt, rolling early braking early etc
Old 06-01-2018, 02:01 AM
SEB74
Racer

Originally Posted by CRex
Great post, thanks for the informed comparison, and kudos to you for *really* using the car as intended!!

Can you comment on the transition on/off boost? I agree with you that driver sensitivity is hugely important (same was true when one hopped from a 997.2 3RS into a GT2RS), but the thing that caught a lot of drivers out was how the boost came in. That, and the fastest drivers still had to "prime" the turbos a lil bit with the throttle in the old car. Do you feel the new car wants to be driven differently from the naturally aspirated RS?

Keep your posts coming!!
i did not noticed any boost on off problem, at my opinion it is progressive and the torque also come this way, just a story of work on the gas throttle to be efficient
Old 06-01-2018, 02:03 AM
SEB74
Racer

The vid of Manu behind me and i let him pass, because i was happy to found on the track somebody crazy as me 😂🏎🏎
also he was a bit faster
Manu red gt2 rs= trofeo r new
me=mpsc2 with 30 laps on it

Old 06-01-2018, 02:16 AM
SEB74
Racer

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Many Thanks for the GREAT Review Seb. It gives me a whole new level of respect for the challenges the GT2RS presents to any Non-professional Driver daring to venture into
the unique realm of speed the car can propel you into on Track. The dangers of being seduced into approaching corners at unfamiliar warp speeds unprepared are considerable.
I see your point in warning new owners to nibble away at the speed envelope in VERY small increments with extensive familiarization laps lest they exceed their skill levels.
And do not expect to be the fastest car on the track without going through that extensive learning curve. For the new GT2RS Driver on Track, Self Restraint becomes essential.
After reading your excellent Review and having driven a friend's GT2RS on the street, I can see its docile street demeanor can be very deceptive in a Track environment.
And I Thank You very much for revealing that. May you enjoy many delightful miles in your new GT2RS Accident-Free and in Good Health.
exactly and also some people can have a bit more pressure because it is the fastest actual production car on almost every track and the other drivers with better skills want to kill the beast, be faster with a slower car bla bla bla
i would say don’t be under pressure, take your time to understand properly how the car works even if some 997 gt3 or cayman gt3 overtake you and soon you will destroy all on the track 😜

Old 06-01-2018, 02:54 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesomeness Seb. to u for sharing
your keen insights, wish it wasn't a dream at the momment for me to be able to heed them

Last edited by R.Deacon; 06-01-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Seb, people like you are the exact buyers that this car should have been sold to. I love how you are using the car as it should be, enjoy it for many more kms!

Quick Reply: Review of the 991 gt2 rs after 140 laps on the Nurburgring