Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Here - Riviera Blue (PTS) GT3 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 10:13 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Issues with the dealer or car? I couldn't return a car like that cause of dealer issues.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:11 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
What happened??
Originally Posted by shapiroeric
A lot of issues with the dealer or with the car? That's a pretty vague statement on why you would "return" a car....
Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Juan sorry to hear of such disappointment to return car , vent your reason /situation here may help your outlook and we learn
sounds like dealer deal since canceling another order ?
Originally Posted by meaker
Issues with the dealer or car? I couldn't return a car like that cause of dealer issues.
Yes, it is a vague statement, I don't really want to go through it again, it's been a very bad time.

The car has been at the dealer's premises for over a month and a half now since it arrived. The process has been full of lies, misleading information and dishonesty, which added to the state of the car, damages present due to transport preparation and the refusal of the dealer to replace instead of repair, led me to ask for a refund. The car was actually never invoiced to me, I never took delivery.

Keep in mind this is in Santiago, Chile. There is only one dealer (and importer). In the case of an option to go to another Porsche Center I would have bought the car anyway and continued my experience somewhere else, sadly here I have to deal with these people no matter how grey their behavior is. This is one of the moments I would like to be living in a place like USA.

Extra info:

Normally Chile was receiving 5-7 GT3s per generation, for this one they consider to have +12 probably due to europe not taking the last allocations (emissions), this could hit US market too. And here you can buy a 991.2 GT3 with a discount (under "msrp"!), just walk in and you have an allocation to buy one, even if it is PTS or with Exclusive Manufaktur parts, funny eh? Of course I wasn't getting any discount and I had to call some favors to get the allocations after a very long time of having the deposit in.

Last edited by juanpablo046; 07-06-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:14 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

I cringed when I saw that spare tire sitting on the passenger bucket seat. Cool concept but ridiculous execution, particularly because we're working with centerlock wheels.

Somebody asked if we could get kit for the rear? You'd have to take out a seat to get the wheel to change the tire.

I can't believe they made you order that spare wheel.

Nevertheless, congrats on your gorgeous GT3.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:28 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^JuanP ,
Most unfortunate to hear of such poor P dealer integrity , good on you to have the intellect acknowledging your principles and to not tolerate such disrespect and
likely future frustration having to deal with such a low bar operation . Sad to see at the bottom of your signature "No Porsche "
Maybe helpful to PAG to let them know how their Product is being represented in your homeland , just a thought
Old 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Nevertheless, congrats on your gorgeous GT3.
Read the previous 10 posts or so....
Old 07-06-2018, 11:36 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
^JuanP ,
Most unfortunate to hear of such poor P dealer integrity , good on you to have the intellect acknowledging your principles and to not tolerate such disrespect and
likely future frustration having to deal with such a low bar operation . Sad to see at the bottom of your signature "No Porsche "
Maybe helpful to PAG to let them know how their Product is being represented in your homeland , just a thought
Thanks for the comment, that's exactly why I decided to do this.

I won't lie, probably in some time I will digest the situation and buy another Porsche even knowing this about the dealer, just not a new one until the dealer here changes management.

No harm here, there's more important things to worry about. I'm just looking at this as an opportunity to try different brands. I just bought an M3 F80 from a friend to daily drive and probably in a few months will look for something more interesting to drive.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:40 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Tough being in countries with only a single importer/dealer. I remember a guy on here from India recently who had a major issue with dealer using his car for promos for months, putting miles on it and refusing to deliver the car to him until he was done with his marketing work with it. I felt rage for him just reading the thread.

You probably made a good decision man, dealing with sh!tty people is never worth it.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:45 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

JP, smart decision to acknowledge and move on. In retrospect, you are fortunate to have declined delivery. Much easier to wash your hands of this messy situation. Plenty of other car brands to try.

Quick Reply: Finally Here - Riviera Blue (PTS) GT3 Manual