Sponsored by:

Front License Plate Mounting Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 09:29 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I have the US Millwork tow hook plate but I’ll buy the Carbonio for my .2
Do you guys know if they can pull you over in Virginia for no front plate?
Old 05-30-2018, 11:31 PM
audiophilitis
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Do you guys know if they can pull you over in Virginia for no front plate?
I think if your state requires 2 plates, they can pull you over for not having the front plate on. Unlikely that you'll be issued a ticket (perhaps a citation) but a hassle nonetheless.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:53 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
What's wrong with the US Millworks one? I assume you're switching to the Carbonio for a reason?
Old 05-31-2018, 01:56 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PbPedis
It doesn't touch the bumper. You can adjust the angle of the plate to have it come closer to the bumper or even touching it if you really wanted. There are some rubber stoppers you stick on the back so that if it does come in contact with the bumper, it won't damage the paint.

Very nice! I'm definitely getting this one for my .2. Just a couple seconds to take off, and a couple seconds to put on.....PERFECT!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:42 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
What's wrong with the US Millworks one? I assume you're switching to the Carbonio for a reason?
US Millwork is solid and very well built, I don’t have a problem with the license being on the side but I almost feel the plate is more visible because it’s offset...
Old 05-31-2018, 03:41 PM
John Loh
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
No. Thought those were your coworkers' cars. Why all parked underground? I also have a Velar. Bayview/Mt.Pleasant around Rosedale are snippets of good driving roads.
Those pics were from the underground at work. More space to safely park here than at home. Enjoy your Velar. I like our's a lot.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:43 PM
John Loh
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
How does the grill look after a while?
Do the grill openings become bent and deformed from the spring loaded hooks holding the plate?
I've considered this "Carbonio solution" but am concerned about it's long term effects.
No bending at all. That said, I've only put 1800km on my car.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:06 PM
bronto
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I also have the US Millworks one and it's a great unit. However I lost the half ball piece, and US Millworks hasn't been responsive to my attempts to order a new one. It's been over a month now and I've not received the product, nor have they responded to my email and voice mail attempts.

If anyone has received an order from them in the last month I would appreciate knowing. Otherwise I fear they have gone out of business.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:28 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by bronto
I also have the US Millworks one and it's a great unit. However I lost the half ball piece, and US Millworks hasn't been responsive to my attempts to order a new one. It's been over a month now and I've not received the product, nor have they responded to my email and voice mail attempts.

If anyone has received an order from them in the last month I would appreciate knowing. Otherwise I fear they have gone out of business.
I got my order about two weeks ago...

The product itself is good. I mounted up my plate and then promptly took the whole thing off and put it in the trunk in case I get pulled over.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:09 PM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

i once saw a guy who gut the top and bottom off his california plates and mounted it to his front bumper like a european height plate. it looked as good as possible. anybody ever seen anything like that?
Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 PM
bronto
Drifting

I got my order about two weeks ago...

The product itself is good. I mounted up my plate and then promptly took the whole thing off and put it in the trunk in case I get pulled over.
Well that's good news. I wonder what my next move is.

Did yours come with any contact information you could pass along to me? The one email address I have is generic, and the one phone number I have goes direct to VM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:18 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Well that's good news. I wonder what my next move is.

Did yours come with any contact information you could pass along to me? The one email address I have is generic, and the one phone number I have goes direct to VM.
usmillworks@gmail.com
That's the only contact info that's listed on the paperwork.

Did you place an order through their website for a new half ball? Or are you trying to do it via email? My order shipped out fairly quickly. If I were you, I would just place the order on their site and see what happens. Sucks their communication is crappy, though. The half ball is $5.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:26 AM
bronto
Drifting

usmillworks@gmail.com
That's the only contact info that's listed on the paperwork.

Did you place an order through their website for a new half ball? Or are you trying to do it via email? My order shipped out fairly quickly. If I were you, I would just place the order on their site and see what happens. Sucks their communication is crappy, though. The half ball is $5.
Yes that's the contact I have. And yes, I ordered the $5 half ball on their web site. It looked to go through with no problem and I got the confirmation from Paypal that my money was transferred. Over a month ago
Old 06-20-2018, 02:41 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Yes that's the contact I have. And yes, I ordered the $5 half ball on their web site. It looked to go through with no problem and I got the confirmation from Paypal that my money was transferred. Over a month ago
Weird. You should have received a confirmation of your order from USMillworks as well. I got one from both Paypal and USMillworks about 30 seconds after I placed the order.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:47 AM
bronto
Drifting

And no response to my follow up by email, nor response to my later followup to their phone number (voice mail).

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Mounting Options