Sponsored by:

ST Rotors – The New Carbon Ceramic Rotor Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM
AutoquestMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ST Rotors – The New Carbon Ceramic Rotor Alternative

Carbon ceramic brakes have always been a love-hate relationship in the track day community. They offer many benefits over cast iron brakes with the only real drawback being the replacement costs, even though they typically last significantly longer than cast iron rotors. The end result is track enthusiasts pursuing cast iron brake rotor conversions or spec’ing their cars with cast iron rotors, in the process giving up both braking performance and handling. As the Exclusive North American Distributor for ST Carbon Ceramic Rotors, we offer an alternative solution through ST’s innovative technology, where you can get all the benefits listed below of the ST carbon ceramic rotors and at a much more cost-effective price point

• REFURBISHABLE multiple times with an average expected lifespan of *12-15k track miles* with refurbishments
• Available for both PCCB (Yellow) and Cast Iron (Red) Caliper equipped vehicles without the need for replacing the calipers
• Better braking performance over PCCB’s and cast iron rotors
• Significant improvement in brake modulation over PCCB’s – better trailbraking
• Option to run a much more aggressive pad for track applications versus PCCB’s
• Approximately 50% less expensive than PCCB rotor replacements
• Average expected life between refurbishments of 4 to 5 thousand track miles
• Refurbishment of a complete ST rotor set costs less than the equivalent cast iron rotor replacements
• Significant reduction in brake pad wear compared to the PCCB rotors, and most cast iron rotors
• Operating temperatures approximately 200 degrees lower than PCCBs
• 50% less unsprung weight compared to the equivalent GT3/GT4 cast iron brake rotors
• Minimal brake dust compared to cast iron rotors for street use
Fitment

• Applicable for both factory Cast Iron and PCCB equipped vehicles
• 991 GT3, .2 GT3, GT3 RS, .2 GT3 RS, GT3 Cup, 911 R, GT2 RS, Turbo and Turbo S
• 997 GT3, .2 GT3, GT3 RS, .2 GT3 RS, GT3 Cup, GT2, GT2 RS, Turbo and Turbo S
• 981 Cayman GT4 and GT4 Club Sport
• 996 GT3, Turbo and Turbo S
• Also available for most Ferrari models and some Aston Martin models

Pricing
(subject to change)

• Exclusive North American Distributor – AutoQuest Motorsports
• $12,998 per complete rotor set
• $600 per rotor for refurbishment (plus shipping)

***Expected ST rotor life is dependent on the following***

• Proper bedding
• Correct pads
• Timely refurbishments
• Factory brake cooling in place

ST is the carbon ceramic rotor supplier for Singer Porsches, Koenigsegg, and Aston Martin’s upcoming hypercar…the Valkyrie.

Please feel free to post, PM, email, or call me at my contact information below with any questions. I would be happy to work with you, and provide direct contact with current ST users : )

Photos

Old 05-22-2018, 01:20 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Impressive. Not sure what the center piece is called, but can you get it in black?
Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

The need and want are both very high.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:59 PM
AutoquestMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tonymission
Impressive. Not sure what the center piece is called, but can you get it in black?
One of the more common terms would be "rotor hat" and it only comes in the finish shone
Old 05-22-2018, 03:18 PM
orangebox
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoquestMotorsports
One of the more common terms would be "rotor hat" and it only comes in the finish shone
why go cross drilled here vs a slot or other similar option? Does it have something to do with ceramic vs steel? I’ve never been a fan of steel cross drilled rotors. Thanks
Old 05-22-2018, 03:22 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebox

why go cross drilled here vs a slot or other similar option? Does it have something to do with ceramic vs steel? I’ve never been a fan of steel cross drilled rotors. Thanks

Temps stay a lot lower. Don't have to worry about cracks as much.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:31 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How are ST ceramics' wear measured? The same as PCCB? How do you know when it's time to change? I don't see the markings you see on the PCCB. Also, can you just use the current factory pads?
Old 05-22-2018, 04:58 PM
AutoquestMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drdonger
The need and want are both very high.
Well, coincidentally we can relieve that horrible stress you are experiencing by not having them

Originally Posted by orangebox

As drdronger mentioned, ceramics don't have the same issues of stress fractures at the drilled holes as steel rotors do. Also, due to it's construction you can't slot a ceramic rotor but no need on the ceramics anyway : )

Originally Posted by shaytun
How are ST ceramics' wear measured? The same as PCCB? How do you know when it's time to change? I don't see the markings you see on the PCCB. Also, can you just use the current factory pads?
Due to their unique construction, the ST rotors do not oxidize carbon through their entire core like the PCCB's do, it is limited to the face of the rotor. This is what allows them to be safely refurbished, and allows them to be measured visually via surface oxidation versus weighed and measured for carbon content. You would simply keep an eye on the surface oxidation, and we will work closely with you during their lifetime to determine refurbishment points. The OEM PCCB (Pagid P40) pads can be used on the ST rotors, however we would recommend that anyone purchasing them takes advantage of the fact more aggressive pads can be run on the ST rotors that cannot be run on the PCCBs. Give me a call on my cell any time and we can go over the difference between the available pads in more detail.

Last edited by AutoquestMotorsports; 05-23-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:23 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Any available for the 993 Turbo and the Audi R8V10?
Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Any available for the 993 Turbo and the Audi R8V10?
Nothing for those cars yet, PM sent
Old 05-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I saw these this weekend at MO on a few friends cars that winter down in Sebring . They look impressive, and the owners swear by them.

I understand that the initial cost will pay for itself over time if you track the car and could even end up saving you money. As to performance, the current stock steel brakes on my 2018 GT3 seem to be more than capable and it is the OEM MPSC2 tires that are limiting the braking. Is there an advantage to these brakes if one doesn't plan to move to slicks? Not sure the CL wheels and suspension elements can handle slicks, anyway.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:25 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 31 Posts

So, no brake dust like OEM PCCBs?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,795 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Maybe I missed it but what is the weight comparison between the ST CCB rotors and the PCCBs?

I know that the ST CCB rotors are 50% lighter than the OEM Porsche irons, but what about the ceramics?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:46 PM
911_RS
Racer

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Maybe I missed it but what is the weight comparison between the ST CCB rotors and the PCCBs?

I know that the ST CCB rotors are 50% lighter than the OEM Porsche irons, but what about the ceramics?

Same thing I wanna ask ST... the weight difference between their rotors and the OEM PCCB.

I installed ST rotors on my RS and it's really amazing! Good braking power, no brake dust and way way lighter than my steel rotors! I lost 42lbs. of unsprung weight!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:48 PM
911_RS
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by Nine1won
So, no brake dust like OEM PCCBs?
Yup no brake dust!

Quick Reply: ST Rotors – The New Carbon Ceramic Rotor Alternative