Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you get new GT3 without PCCB?

Old 06-26-2018, 11:56 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
Meh...debatable that they're superior. The tests I saw showed them stopping slightly slower. Whether less unsprung weight makes up for it or not is debatable as well.

Truthfully, I got the steels mainly because yellow rotors are ugly. If the steel came in yellow and PCCB in red I would have gotten the PCCB. The fact that color is the main factor in my choice tells me the difference is negligible.

The CUP uses steel.
To each his/her own. Personally, I prefer the pedal feel and modulation of the pccbs. I have never needed to come to a complete stop on track....only needed to slow greatly and trail brake through. PCCB's are better for than for me, plus what trakcar mentions - less heat on the tires and lighter unsprung weight. I track mine and will do so until they need replacement. Thankfully, there is ST and Racing Brake that offer cheaper replacements than Porsche.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:54 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Traditional Straight Vane Design (Brembo & ST): Rotor are non-directional (Left and right are the same, less efficient in cooling)

RB's Angle Vane Design: Rotors are directional (More efficient in cooling air circulation and can keep braking temperature lower)

Disc Finish:

Brembo

Surface Transforms

RB

Old 06-27-2018, 03:54 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Pccb direct OE replacement:

Front (410x36): https://www.racingbrake.com/Porsche-...CCB-p/2c19.htm

In stock.

Rear (390x32): https://www.racingbrake.com/Porsche-...32m-p/2c20.htm

In stock.

Same rotor kit is available for upgrade from standard brake with iron rotors (380/380mm) and GT4 with our precisely designed caliper spacer/adaptors for a bolt-on installation.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:30 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Glad to see that there are options for brake rotors. I've had good success using slotted rotors on my earlier cars. Trackcar please let me know how the refurb works out. Oh, and thanks to Andial for pointing out that the track oriented cars from McLaren and Ferrari use iron rotors as opposed to ceramic. I recall the 430 Challenge cars had ceramics and the racers hated them. They were required to replace them at huge cost every 2nd race at first and if I recall they changed to something like like 900 Kms. At 8 thou a piece (racer discount) you can understand why the teams were annoyed! I wonder what they cost now after the GM scandal - the Corvette used the same Brembo rotor as the Ferrari - same part number. GM rotor cost 4K and the Ferrari cost 12K FOR THE SAME PART. Don't know how it got sorted but I suspect Ferrari got Brembo to change the part number on the Ferrari rotor.

Best,
Old 06-28-2018, 10:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Will do Bob!

By the looks of it, I need to refurbish around the same time as I would replace steel rotors.

I hate PCCB. Landed next to the Porsche tent once in Monaco with full credentials. I drilled every Supercup 997 Cup driver and mechanic under the tent about PCCB. Couldn’t find anyone that likes them. That sealed the deal for me.

My deal with ST was; Bring them to Sebring and if I can’t go faster you can take them back. Now I can’t go back to steel, so fingers crossed I get 100 days or 15000 track mikes out of them... total. But to be fair even if it’s less I gotto have them.

Need to go back to Mt Termblant...
Old 06-28-2018, 11:28 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Will do Bob!

By the looks of it, I need to refurbish around the same time as I would replace steel rotors.

I hate PCCB. Landed next to the Porsche tent once in Monaco with full credentials. I drilled every Supercup 997 Cup driver and mechanic under the tent about PCCB. Couldn’t find anyone that likes them. That sealed the deal for me.

My deal with ST was; Bring them to Sebring and if I can’t go faster you can take them back. Now I can’t go back to steel, so fingers crossed I get 100 days or 15000 track mikes out of them... total. But to be fair even if it’s less I gotto have them.
I have been looking at the STs for when my PCCB RS comes in also looking at AP racings Radi Cal system, wondered if the STs can be fitted to the AP Radi Cal caliper, get the best of both worlds lighter caliper and lighter discs. Essex says is won't work but maybe it's worth trying out......any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you get new GT3 without PCCB?