Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black GT3T...Time for Tasteful Upgrades (Stripes, Decals, Wheels)

Old 05-18-2018, 05:32 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Black GT3T...Time for Tasteful Upgrades (Stripes, Decals, Wheels)

My touring has left the factory and is on the way and it is going straight in for PPF and other potential cosmetic tweaks.
I posted many months ago regarding the design and NS2 helped with the renders. Below are the options I went with, including full leather, lwbs, PCCBs, yellow stitching, cf trim and on the exterior silver trim and silver wheels. I opted for PDLS non black which may have been an error.

The questions comes down to retro, simple and timeless or dark, evil and still classy?

Last edited by BrntRubber; 05-18-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:54 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

From the Factory:

Retro:
Dark silver side decal with lettering yellow

Dark and Sporty:
I wanted to go for a sporty yet classy look and Whoopsy gave me some inspiration. I then had NS2 mock up a render. It entails sending the car for:
PPF
25% Tint
911R Satin Black Stripes
Wheels Refinished to Satin Black With a Diamond Polished Lip
Satin Black Side Decals with lettering in either yellow, silver or satin black?

What do you guys think?

Retro and clean or dark and more sporty?

Any tweaks?
Old 05-18-2018, 06:10 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Love the dark decals if you go with the black wheels. We have a very similar build but I didn't do nearly as much on the interior. Mine is touring, black, silver trim, base wheels, PDLS black, pccb. For decals, I'm choosing between matte black side decals + matte black sport classic top decals, or dark grey plus yellow lettering on the side and dark grey sport classic on the top. I considered yellow lettering with matte black decals but I think the yellow would stand out too much.

I may just buy both of the side decals options, put one on each side and see which I like better. My car should be here in a few weeks so will know soon.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:25 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Really like the wheels in black with the polished lip, very nice touch IMO
Old 05-19-2018, 03:03 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Thank you!
Old 05-19-2018, 03:07 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Congrats! Love the dark decals if you go with the black wheels. We have a very similar build but I didn't do nearly as much on the interior. Mine is touring, black, silver trim, base wheels, PDLS black, pccb. For decals, I'm choosing between matte black side decals + matte black sport classic top decals, or dark grey plus yellow lettering on the side and dark grey sport classic on the top. I considered yellow lettering with matte black decals but I think the yellow would stand out too much.

I may just buy both of the side decals options, put one on each side and see which I like better. My car should be here in a few weeks so will know soon.
Our cars arrive at almost the same time.

Sports classic stripes were very tempting for me also. Makes it look less 911R imposter. I posted a couple renders of that look a while ago.

I still flip between the two stripe designs.

Regarding the lettering, I wouldn’t go yellow if the brakes are red. I would go red. Here is a beautiful example from another Rennlisters, Overdraft, whom I hope doesn’t mind me reposting his a pic of his sexy German mistress.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:58 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Hi, how are you looking to do the polished lip on the wheels ? Perhaps consider a gloss black wheel rather then then standard matte ?
Old 05-19-2018, 07:23 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

[QUOTE=BrntRubber;15020102]

Sports classic stripes were very tempting for me also. Makes it look less 911R imposter. I posted a couple renders of that look a while ago.

Regarding the lettering, I wouldn’t go yellow if the brakes are red. I would go red. Here is a beautiful example from another Rennlisters, Overdraft, whom I hope doesn’t mind me reposting his a pic of his sexy German mistress.

[/QUOTE

By all means post away! I went “old school” and must admit I like it. Finishing our house so not so much seat time....I think I have 200 km on it. Black wheels are not for me anyway but ALL then combinations you’ re considering will be great...and guaranteed three weeks into your ownership experience you will know you picked the perfect look for you as they tend to grow on us that way...
Old 05-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Can we see a side profile of the car with those black wheels please. Looks great. I like both light and dark....both look fantastic.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are you going for PPF?
Old 05-19-2018, 05:41 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Andial
Where are you going for PPF?
Topaz
Old 05-19-2018, 07:16 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

i was never a fan of the r stripes even on the r so it was an easy choice for me to go with the sport classic design. And I agree about yellow lettering on red brakes...I have pccb as well.

the car in the pic looks awesome. Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

Old 05-19-2018, 07:20 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I like the 'retro' with silver wheels. I have black wheels on my carm. red GTS and they look cool initially.....but they're just SO black and big after awhile. I miss a silver or platinum color.

Jim
Old 05-20-2018, 04:45 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by johnny2five

i was never a fan of the r stripes even on the r so it was an easy choice for me to go with the sport classic design. And I agree about yellow lettering on red brakes...I have pccb as well.

the car in the pic looks awesome. Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

I missed the PCCBs in your spec. You my friend are trying to make the same tough decision as me. Yellow, silver or black?
Old 05-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

Topaz
Good choice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black GT3T...Time for Tasteful Upgrades (Stripes, Decals, Wheels)