Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thermal Club - All 3 Circuits Connected

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Individual membership is $80,000. Corporate is $200,000 (up to 4 individuals). You then add that amount to the lot that runs $600,000 to $800,000 (on track vs off track). Then you need to build a house within 5 years, so add another $1,000,000 or so.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:36 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

I have done 18 days the last 3 years at Thermal as my coach is a Thermal member. PM if you are interested. He's pretty reasonable and Thermal is a first class facility.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:33 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Do you have to buy property to be a member? How much are the annual dues? One thing that was smart is how they put it next to the Thermal Airport. Makes it easy to fly in for the weekend and leave a car or two there.....

I wish there was something similar to this in the Phoenix area....
Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe Rainey
Do you have to buy property to be a member? How much are the annual dues? One thing that was smart is how they put it next to the Thermal Airport. Makes it easy to fly in for the weekend and leave a car or two there.....

I wish there was something similar to this in the Phoenix area....
Yes you have to buy property to be a member. Annual dues as I recall were about $800/month, so a little less than 10,000/year. I have considered the corporate deal, but you need to have 3 other buddies you can seriously trust.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:23 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

This is intriguing. Get 4 people to go in together. Buy a home together and each get it one week a month. Give me a reason to keep my GT3 when my 3RS comes in January as well! I live in Phoenix, but have a plane, so that's only a 30-45 minute flight. Is there a max member number here?

One other question for you guys since I'm new to this. Where else in the country is there something similar to this race track country club in Thermal?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:21 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Individual membership is $80,000. Corporate is $200,000 (up to 4 individuals). You then add that amount to the lot that runs $600,000 to $800,000 (on track vs off track). Then you need to build a house within 5 years, so add another $1,000,000 or so.
chump change ....... 😳😬🙄
Old 05-18-2018, 11:23 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Totally understand and agree for the most part. If you do a 4 way on a piece of property, you need a property manager to watch it for sure. You also want to make sure everyone pays cash IMHO. Then you don't have issues later with someone not paying their payments. I agree on the airplane side. I have had a lot of offers to partner on my planes. Planes are different though. They are like cars and I don't let people drive my cars either.

What I'm waiting for is a way to rent someone's home and membership like VRBO. Would gladly pay for a 3 day weekend rental a couple times a year.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Totally understand and agree for the most part. If you do a 4 way on a piece of property, you need a property manager to watch it for sure. You also want to make sure everyone pays cash IMHO. Then you don't have issues later with someone not paying their payments. I agree on the airplane side. I have had a lot of offers to partner on my planes. Planes are different though. They are like cars and I don't let people drive my cars either.

What I'm waiting for is a way to rent someone's home and membership like VRBO. Would gladly pay for a 3 day weekend rental a couple times a year.
I'd be all over that too.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:15 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

This is intriguing. Get 4 people to go in together. Buy a home together and each get it one week a month. Give me a reason to keep my GT3 when my 3RS comes in January as well! I live in Phoenix, but have a plane, so that's only a 30-45 minute flight. Is there a max member number here?

One other question for you guys since I'm new to this. Where else in the country is there something similar to this race track country club in Thermal?
Dude save yourself the 600k and join Inde Motorsports in Az. You can land on the front straight and stay in a casita. I'm a member here and they have garages etc. it's not as posh as thermal but the track is much more involving , they have their own races, there is a off road truck track etc. I even book out sections of the track for shifter karts and they are constantly adding on. Great for cars like BAC Mono, GT3, Lotus, GT4, m3-4, GT4 clubsport, cup car, etc. not the best track for a hypercar but a hugely involving layout.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:51 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I love Thermal! Don't forget the helmet dryer/cooler in the pits.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AA68
www.google.com

It's a if you have to ask kinda thing...
Just wondering if the prices have changed. I didn't want to bother Thermal with the possibility I couldn't afford it. Surprised that many on RL are members.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:12 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

That runway will be a little short for me in the summertime, but would probably work in the winter. Definitely not driving there! If I'm driving, I would rather go to CA. It does look like a good option though that I'm going to check in on. How busy is it there and what is the $ for the initial fee? I heard today at the Coffee and cars in Scottsdale that there might be another track like Thermal being built in the south valley of Phoenix somewhere. Have you heard anything on this? That would be cool...
Old 05-20-2018, 12:40 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
This is the best and fastest configuration, excluding the infield of the South Palm. I'm envious you got all 3 together. North Palm and Desert are very fun, the infield on the South however is hated by more than one Thermal member.
The u turns on the south circuit infield help me practice for the u turns in the infield at ACS.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:33 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

OK, found the info on the track about 30 minutes south of Phoenix. About 40 minutes from my house, so it would be cool if this happens. https://www.apexmotorclub.com/ Anyone here have any info/updates on this? Is it really going to happen or another developer pipe dream (I say this as a builder/developer )
Old 05-20-2018, 08:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Dude save yourself the 600k and join Inde Motorsports in Az. You can land on the front straight and stay in a casita. I'm a member here and they have garages etc. it's not as posh as thermal but the track is much more involving , they have their own races, there is a off road truck track etc. I even book out sections of the track for shifter karts and they are constantly adding on. Great for cars like BAC Mono, GT3, Lotus, GT4, m3-4, GT4 clubsport, cup car, etc. not the best track for a hypercar but a hugely involving layout.
What's Inde?

I'm trying to fix this POS: http://www.racepbir.com/tracks/road-course
Worst track I ever visited (Saying something me thinks) and its my home track, so lots of incentive and not like it can be made worse...

Quick Reply: Thermal Club - All 3 Circuits Connected