Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rare Shades: If in Monterey this August…

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rare Shades: If in Monterey this August…

000 and @ptsrs invite you to join us for a cup of coffee at Rare Shades on Thursday, 8/23 at the Canepa Motorsport Museum—a beautiful, hour-ish drive north from Monterey Car Week on one of its quieter days.

General admission is open to all, with free parking available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wish to display your Porsche in the dedicated parking area for PTS and unusual factory color cars, please register at 000magazine.com/rare-shades (registration includes some cool 000 swag).

Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder how many White/ Black/ Guards Red cars will apply?

Serious question, what counts as an "unusual" color?
Old 05-16-2018, 10:36 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I need to figure how to get my a$$ over there from Pittsburgh......any chance for an East coast PTS meet? lol
Old 05-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Pete, anything planned for Rennsport?
Old 05-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
I wonder how many White/ Black/ Guards Red cars will apply?

Serious question, what counts as an "unusual" color?

Good question, and we'll find out as we sort through registration. The idea is unusual colors. Virtually anything PTS is obvious, but we didn't want to limit it to that—or "PTS models." We want to see Ocean Jade Metallic, Royal Purple, Acid Blue, Summer Yellow, Meerblau, and the list goes on and on. And any model, 1949-2018, is fair game. Long run, we have some ideas for "normal" colors (white, black, red, silver, gray, etc.) that might plug into this event, but the first one is a toe in and limited to Rubystone and Mint, Malaga and Ultraviolet.

Originally Posted by neurotic
I need to figure how to get my a$$ over there from Pittsburgh......any chance for an East coast PTS meet? lol
Yes, please come join us! And yes, there are discussions about doing a Rare Shades on the East Coast—we'll see how that comes together...
Old 05-17-2018, 07:40 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by 000
Yes, please come join us! And yes, there are discussions about doing a Rare Shades on the East Coast—we'll see how that comes together...
can't get out of work in August unfortunately. but very excited to hear about an East coast rare shade!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:48 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

The 50 Shades of Porsche event! ;-)

Great idea that only our friends at 000 Magazine can pull off. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:10 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 000
Good question, and we'll find out as we sort through registration. The idea is unusual colors. Virtually anything PTS is obvious, but we didn't want to limit it to that—or "PTS models." We want to see Ocean Jade Metallic, Royal Purple, Acid Blue, Summer Yellow, Meerblau, and the list goes on and on. And any model, 1949-2018, is fair game. Long run, we have some ideas for "normal" colors (white, black, red, silver, gray, etc.) that might plug into this event, but the first one is a toe in and limited to Rubystone and Mint, Malaga and Ultraviolet.
I agree it can sometimes get tricky.... what was a standard or factory option on a past 911 can easily be a more desirable PTS nowadays (e.g. the 993 C2 in speed yellow vs. a now-PTS speed yellow for a newer model, etc. etc...)

Originally Posted by 000
Oh yes.... do one on the "right coast" please.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 000

Maybe a Rare Shades in Will's hometown is in order.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:59 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Pete, anything planned for Rennsport?
It's been considered (!), but not at this time.

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
The 50 Shades of Porsche event! ;-)

Great idea that only our friends at 000 Magazine can pull off. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Ha. Thanks, Seth! So when are we doing a GT event West?

Originally Posted by Andial
Maybe a Rare Shades in Will's hometown is in order.
Indeed. Will has been a dream to work with, and is a very cool guy.

As for future Rare Shades, we'd love to do one back east and possibly overseas. But we'll see how this first one goes, and are okay with starting small.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:28 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Another vote for East coast event.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:54 AM
DuckieRS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
... and possibly overseas...
Will be following this closely (if and when).
Old 05-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

damn if I still had the Mexico Blue car I would be there... but I'll be in Germany driving the new Voodoo Blue car at the Ring!!!

Originally Posted by 000
000 and @ptsrs invite you to join us for a cup of coffee at Rare Shades on Thursday, 8/23 at the Canepa Motorsport Museum—a beautiful, hour-ish drive north from Monterey Car Week on one of its quieter days.

General admission is open to all, with free parking available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wish to display your Porsche in the dedicated parking area for PTS and unusual factory color cars, please register at 000magazine.com/rare-shades (registration includes some cool 000 swag).

Old 05-20-2018, 02:30 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
damn if I still had the Mexico Blue car I would be there... but I'll be in Germany driving the new Voodoo Blue car at the Ring!!!
I support this message.

Have fun, Larry, and see you down the road!
Old 08-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Former Vendor

Hey everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that registration for next week's event closes this Thursday. We've currently got more than 40 Porsches registered in "Rare Shades" (PTS and unusual colors), and everyone else is of course invited to bring any and all Porsches for free, with parking up to 150~ cars on a first come, first serve basis.

If you still want to register, you can do so here for $30 (includes special 000 hat and event poster):
https://www.000magazine.com/rare-shades

Corsa Lusso will be serving coffee on site, and we'll have free local pastries as well.

Please feel free to spread the word!

Pete Stout, Editor
000 Magazine

Quick Reply: Rare Shades: If in Monterey this August…