Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 or Huracan

Old 05-21-2018, 06:20 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobodrink
I have driven all the compared cars, manaul GT3, 991.1 GT3/RS, 610-4, 580-2 and Performante.

Performante is literally the mid point of a Ferrari and GT3, Italian flare and GT3 type precision. Everything is superior besides, VISIBLITY, gearbox and braking. On track braking its not as stable as the RS, and gearbox is not as consistently fast. I personally don't feel comfortable driving the Huracan because I can't see anything! The 580-2 just kicks out easier but generally feels the same with a bit less understeer. (But GT3 got some understeer too)

You won't regret a manual car that revs to 9k. Every time I get back to my 997 GT3 I feel so involved where its missing in the other cars. With the new engine, you are only down around 50lb torque to the Huracan on paper. When you drive it the torque is immense and you won't feel your lacking any power.
But the streets of Taipei don't tell you what a car really is like to drive and you can't use real power either.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Howydo
I think the engine in the .2 Gt3 is pretty awesome too! I think they are very different cars. I find the Performante to be more of an event every time I take her out. The Gt3 just does everything right. The seats, gearbox, sound, build quality, visibility, handling, proportions and looks, electronics etc. don’t know which I prefer as they are different, however, I suspect I’d have a really hard time parting from the Gt3.
The only good part about the Huracan is the engine, while everything about the GT3 is the best.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:40 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the gearbox and brakes are amazing on the Performante! Brakes don’t squeak either ! They are really different cars but the Performante is definitely not as drivable. Maybe the Pdk on the Gt3 is just a tad better but not much at all. The different settings on the Performante from Strada to Corsa really make a huge difference with respect to the gearbox too.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:24 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

I have a performante and its amazing. Only downsides for me is visibility (mostly when turning left ), and the attention factor. Its epic wrt power, handling, noise and smile factor. Having said that, i would get a 991.2 GT3 over a regular Huracan for a few reasons. i really dont like the attention, so i typically only drive this car at 6am (roads are quiet too) and for canyons. i have been on the track once. Probably not again. Its too expensive and risky to track a Performante (for me). But the Performante was amazing on track. i would find the GT3 to be more "useable" for street, canyons, DD and track. and although i havent driven the .2, the .1 is amazing too. So if the .2 is better, then wow. So GT3 is my vote. And i am predicting that's the path i'll go once i work the Performante out of my system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 or Huracan