Sponsored by:

calling footsoldier aka ‚Mr. GT2RS MobyDick‘

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 02:26 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
Wow! So cool seeing this and knowing it will be painted. Can't wait to see it done.
Who's making the door sills?
Door sills were done at factory, and are in place. ( personalised carbon sills option)
Should all be another 2-3weeks. The cars been at Porsche Gb for a couple of weeks already (and they are working on it this weekend). It's getting a clear PPF on top when done.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:30 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Taffy66
I'd have preferred if you'd gone for a more Scottish theme..aka the whole car painted in a Tartan pattern to complement your kilt..When i do my custom GT3 RS i intend to paint it with the Welsh dragon holding a daffodil and leek in its claws..
Do you think thats a good idea..?
Dragon sounds good. I did think about tartan but decided to stick with the subtle look :-)
Old 05-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier

Door sills were done at factory, and are in place. ( personalised carbon sills option)
Should all be another 2-3weeks. The cars been at Porsche Gb for a couple of weeks already (and they are working on it this weekend). It's getting a clear PPF on top when done.

So CXX can make different designs for left and right door sills?
Old 05-14-2018, 01:31 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

The possibility to do different left/right came with my CXC (individualised plates in Al), but I was told to keep the font to normal MS fonts... So only text possible. But clearly that wasn't true... :/
Old 05-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Fantastic!

On another note - when I ordered my "individualized tread plates" I was told in no uncertain terms that no fonts outside the normal MS batch was possible... Apparently that wasn't strictly true... It also took them 8 weeks to confirm the final apperance. Maybe Hr Steiner was busy with another project...Haha! Looks fabulous!
Originally Posted by Andial
So CXX can make different designs for left and right door sills?
Originally Posted by erik_plus8
The possibility to do different left/right came with my CXC (individualised plates in Al), but I was told to keep the font to normal MS fonts... So only text possible. But clearly that wasn't true... :/
Porsche may only do standard MS fonts, but we designed these door sills for the Moby Dick car. Porsche can do whatever you want, but you have to send them a file. For these, we had to design a vector file for the silhouette of the GT2 RS, as well as the original 935. We also then had to recreate the Porsche "script font" for the "1978" and "2018," as technically the font doesn't exist as a typeface, and the style of the letters varies depending on model, so it was a challenge for sure!

For any custom door sill stuff, feel free to shoot us a message. We can design pretty much anything!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Porsche may only do standard MS fonts, but we designed these door sills for the Moby Dick car. Porsche can do whatever you want, but you have to send them a file. For these, we had to design a vector file for the silhouette of the GT2 RS, as well as the original 935. We also then had to recreate the Porsche "script font" for the "1978" and "2018," as technically the font doesn't exist as a typeface, and the style of the letters varies depending on model, so it was a challenge for sure!

For any custom door sill stuff, feel free to shoot us a message. We can design pretty much anything!
So yes?
Old 05-14-2018, 07:40 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Thanks all.., looking forward to it being done.
trakcar - what’s a wrap..? It’s all paint ;-)
Waiting for the "resale" or "value" comments

Enjoy in good health and like everyone else just can't wait for the final result... We get caught up too much in ADM/value/resale that maybe we are overlooking how amazingly awesome these cars are to experience behind the wheel in *any* configuration

You are doing it right my friend!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

This is amazing. Looking forward to updates!!!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:54 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media

Thanks for the info. I should have done that (you answered me when I was in speccing mode in January). But I was in a hurry to lock, I thought, so I took the closest MS Font I could find. Then PAG took 7-8 weeks to confirm the look anyway, so I could easily have let you do the design. Anyway, moving on
Old 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Impressive idea, and certainly result.

Moby Dick was also a RHD but do you plan to put your car on diet?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:25 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Epic!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
So yes?
Yep! We are very OCD with silhouette designs to make sure both sides face the direction of travel.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:47 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This thing is going to be so BADASS!!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:35 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 928cs
Impressive idea, and certainly result.

Moby Dick was also a RHD but do you plan to put your car on diet?
need to drive it first and see what's worthwhile.
I've specced without lift, leather, LEDs etc, but I'm just painting it for fun, not because I think it makes it something it's not.
I'm definitely up for upgrades to turbos, water system etc in future, and could be tempted to race it once or twice if that sorted the water longevity issue. Then would be worth stripping out etc, and also would need to fit slicks as don't think tires will last long on these when pushed.
Have homologated roll cage just in case!
Old 05-16-2018, 03:08 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Brilliant!

Quick Reply: calling footsoldier aka ‚Mr. GT2RS MobyDick‘