Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What color wheels with GT Silver

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 12:38 PM
lisocayman
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Everything looks good on silver. Here are my satin black wheels. First time getting black, you can see my other wheels in the reflection.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mc21

Yes! The last photo was taken up on Cypress parking lot.
Used to live on Pilot House Rd so skied there twice.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
No it is not
That's too bad.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:02 PM
LTJAG
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and choices. Based on the responses I have decided on GT Silver with the standard silver wheels. I have a 2015 with the standard wheels which I believe are platinum so they are a little dark. The standard wheels have the right amount of contrast for my tastes.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
Almost everything works with GT silver but I'm biased toward platinum.

I still think Platinum is the business. works perfectly on every color, and GT Silver is no exception. it's more sporty and modern than silver, it doesn't hide the wheel design like black, and it also hides brake dust better than every other color. a win on all fronts for my taste.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
anything but gold
I was just going to say white gold!

Get the free regular color from Porsche then have them painted. More original. Lower cost. Potential for amazing ness
Attached Images   
Old 05-12-2018, 10:07 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
I still think Platinum is the business. works perfectly on every color, and GT Silver is no exception. it's more sporty and modern than silver, it doesn't hide the wheel design like black, and it also hides brake dust better than every other color. a win on all fronts for my taste.
Had platinum wheels, they always look dirty, even after being washed.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Houston GT3
Silver!
Not the same car, but I got black wheels for my silver GT4 & I regretted it the minute I saw the car.
That was my impression as well. Normally I love Black Wheels and have gotten them on my Darker Colored Cars on my Porsche and Mercedes
where they add to a "Stealth" image and look great even when they are dirty. But, IMHO, Black Wheels leave my Silver cars "floating" and "ungrounded".
But color is such a personal issue, It is better going over to Porsche's Car Configurator, where you can change color illustrations of different car and Wheel
color combinations and decide what looks good to you. Personally, I chose the Standard Wheels for my GT Silver GT3.2 and will do the same if I get my long-awaited allocation for a GT Silver GT2RS.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
That was my impression as well. Normally I love Black Wheels and have gotten them on my Darker Colored Cars on my Porsche and Mercedes
where they add to a "Stealth" image and look great even when they are dirty. But, IMHO, Black Wheels leave my Silver cars "floating" and "ungrounded".
But color is such a personal issue, It is better going over to Porsche's Car Configurator, where you can change color illustrations of different car and Wheel
color combinations and decide what looks good to you. Personally, I chose the Standard Wheels for my GT Silver GT3.2 and will do the same if I get my long-awaited allocation for a GT Silver GT2RS.
Good luck with your GT2. Ironically I made my decision to get black wheels after seeing a 911.1 GT3 in gt silver with black wheels on the showroom floor. Of course never make a decision based on how a car looks on the showroom. That is the best a car will ever look.

Quick Reply: What color wheels with GT Silver