Sponsored by:

Another .2 Touring Almost Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:33 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Another .2 Touring Almost Here

Got a confirmation from my SA that my car is on the Miraculous Ace due to arrive at Davisville on May 7. I had a hunch that it will be on that ship since my GR GT3T entered Emden on the 24th of April. Miraculous Ace was scheduled to arrive Emden port on the 25th of April. It was a tight scheduled to get on that ship so I was just hoping. The ship left Emden on the 28th and will sail straight to Davisville and not stopping at Halifax, Canada, thus saving a couple of days travel. When I asked my SA for the ship's name, the moment he uttered the first few syllables, "Mirac...", I immediately finished his answer to "Miraculous Ace". I have been tracking my orders since 2000 for my first German car, an Audi B5 S4. The confirmation got me even more excited and insane that it is hard to concentrate on my work.

Rewind for some background story. It was more than a year when I entered my name on that sacred list of potential GT3 buyers. I got my 991.1 GTS from my dealer back 2016 and I was really taking an eye on that 991.1 GT3 on the showroom. So I was keeping a tab on the next 991.2 GT3 release schedule. I was was almost late when I read that the new 991.3 GT3 was released and opened for configurations. It got even better when they offered an MT and Touring Package later on. So within a minute I did a quick GT3 configuration and submitted it to my SA. The next day I went to see my SA to followup and inquire about the process. Got my name on that precious list and the wait is on.

Got an email from my SA last mid March of this year that I have a configurable allocation for the new GT3. It was scheduled for delivery on the later part of June or early July. I waited for more than a year so waiting for another 4 months is not a big deal. I guess I was wrong about the long wait of 4 months, both good and bad. I called my SA last week to ask if the date was moved to a later date since I been reading some delays were happening. The good news was that the planned scheduled date was moved to early April so it was a month early. The bad part was that the supposed 2 months (or less) wait seems even longer. I was able to pass on more than a year wait and never thought about it. I psyche myself that I may not get any allocation for this 991.2 GT3. So I guess patience is a virtue.

To be continued ......
Old 05-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

Congratulations on your Touring! You've brought back many memories of the experience I had with attaining my Touring. I've had mine for 2 months now, after the car sitting for a month in Emden, to finally being shipped to the West coast, then going thru the whole CARB approval process (another 2 months). My car is at the dealer right now getting it's first oil change and a few other minor repairs (rattling seat belt buckle) and I'm missing it again. All I can say is that is definitely worth the wait. The word I continue to use to describe the car is spectacular! I look forward to hearing your impressions of the car, and of course pictures.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:06 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris88
Congratulations on your Touring! You've brought back many memories of the experience I had with attaining my Touring. I've had mine for 2 months now, after the car sitting for a month in Emden, to finally being shipped to the West coast, then going thru the whole CARB approval process (another 2 months). My car is at the dealer right now getting it's first oil change and a few other minor repairs (rattling seat belt buckle) and I'm missing it again. All I can say is that is definitely worth the wait. The word I continue to use to describe the car is spectacular! I look forward to hearing your impressions of the car, and of course pictures.
Yes, I read about the excruciating wait between those 2 ports. I guess it was due to the VAG Dieselgate. Hoping that mine will not wait that long in Davisville.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

My guess is that they will ship it to your dealer within a few days...fingers crossed...
Old 05-04-2018, 08:40 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Hi Choy. I can't wait to hear your impressions of the GT car. I too have a '16 GTS and am interested in the GT3T. Have you had your GTS since new, and how many miles have you put on her? Are you trading it back in to the dealer?

Jim
Old 05-05-2018, 01:28 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Hi Choy. I can't wait to hear your impressions of the GT car. I too have a '16 GTS and am interested in the GT3T. Have you had your GTS since new, and how many miles have you put on her? Are you trading it back in to the dealer?

Jim
I got my 991.1 GTS new and will be traded for the GT3T. It got 12k miles on it.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:15 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

I too have a coveted GT3T allocation (late October ED). My gateway drug was also the 991.1 GTS, although I plan on keeping my PDK cab GTS because it makes such an awesome daily driver and I love the top down driving here in So Cal. I also want to keep those rear seats in the event that I have a mini-me someday!
Old 05-05-2018, 03:07 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I too have a coveted GT3T allocation (late October ED). My gateway drug was also the 991.1 GTS, although I plan on keeping my PDK cab GTS because it makes such an awesome daily driver and I love the top down driving here in So Cal. I also want to keep those rear seats in the event that I have a mini-me someday!
Probably a good decision. Back seats work great as long as they are 'mini' .

J

Last edited by 96redLT4; 05-09-2018 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:51 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
That is a great decision. In my case, I need a bigger rear seat so I decided to get the F80 M3. Actually I am doing ED on it this month. Maybe you may ask why not the GT3? BMW is way easier and better in ED scheduling. I just gave BMW 2 months notice for an ED and everything were setup and confirmed within a week or two. With 991.1 GTS, I gave Porsche 6 months advance notice but still were not able to get the date I requested. Porsche cannot provide the confirmation within a couple of months from your requested date. Something to do with the current open ED window. Maybe next time if I am not particular with a certain date.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Miraculous Ace arrived and docked at Davisville. Anyone on the same ship?
Old 05-14-2018, 03:49 PM
ChoyV
Racer

So it's been a week since Miraculous Ace docked on Davisville. My SA texted me last Wednesday that my car are just days away and just waiting for on-land transport. It is already Monday and my car is still waiting on the port to be loaded and trucked to OH. If it comes later this week, Friday onward, then it will be another couple of weeks before I can take delivery. I am off to another ED for another M3 but will be back on Memorial Day. I am hoping that I can tucked it in inside our garage before I go. 3 more days ........
Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Early morning surprise
Drove to my dealer to bring my Macan Turbo for service. Guess what, my GT3T is here. I usually go around the block to check and hoping, but behold to my surprise. Just the first pic using my iPhone. One word to express euphoria, WOW. Will update as soon as I am back on the ground.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:55 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Are those regular lights or PDLS?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:45 AM
ChoyV
Racer

They are non-led PDLS.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:55 PM
GT3 KSA