2015 CPO GT3 Purchased

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 CPO GT3 Purchased

Hi guys,

Wanted to get an opinion on this. I bought a 2015 GT3 with 16,000 miles on it. Long story short, the sales rep told me the car did not have paint work and had a clear bra on the front. The shop in San Jose took delivery of it and called me to tell me, large portions of the car have been resprayed. Also the headlight is cracked. How did this get through CPO certification? Especially the headlight... Anyways I called the sales manager and he basically told me 90% of his pre owned cars have paint work and I'm an idiot for expecting it not to (why not just be upfront about it then?). Still waiting on his response regarding the cracked headlight but he basically told me I bought it, it is my issue now.

Any ideas where to go from here? Man this whole experience left a really sour taste in my mouth... sigh

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2018, 07:36 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Porsche dealer in the Bay Area?
Old 05-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Nope, Texas

I had the car shipped to the bay area for the shop I usually use to wrap it
Old 05-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Sorry to hear about this and hate to say this but a ppi would have picked up any resprayed sections. Call Pcna and at least make them aware of what this dealer has done. Was it a local dealer? I would not be affraid of mentioning dealer name as it makes others aware.
Best of luck
Old 05-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

I would disagree 90% of high end cars have been resprayed, and yes I would report them. CPO they should have found it, and replaced the cracked light. Yes I would also say who they are to save others. Good luck, and you paid a premium for CPO with what you found it would have sold for less.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:49 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sausagelink
Nope, Texas

I had the car shipped to the bay area for the shop I usually use to wrap it
Negotiate in good faith, CPO is mostly mechanical, brakes and tires. In most instances, some body work is acceptable. If you have a contract expressing no body work, then you just have to provide proof of body work to show breach of contract.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:51 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Clean Carfax ?
Old 05-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Yeah clean Carfax, the cracked headlight is what annoys me the most... damn it lol I suppose I could get it fixed under CPO considering I haven't even driven it yet?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Atrocious. I’ve never experienced anything like that. Dozens and dozens of out of state deals. Very sorry.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Originally Posted by tstafford
Atrocious. I’ve never experienced anything like that. Dozens and dozens of out of state deals. Very sorry.
Agreed, most my car purchases have been out of state. Sigh. I wonder if I'm being too uptight though? This is the crack on the lens of the headlight. Apparently it can let moisture in so I should replace it but $2700... I already paid for CPO! lol

Sigh at this point it isn't even about the money, I just hate being misled. Already ordered the Musicar stage 3 audio upgrade too... kind of want to just trade the car in for something else damn it!
Old 05-03-2018, 08:48 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

CPO cars CAN have up to three panels resprayed.

A car with an accident (expect structural damage) can be CPO too.

CPO is an extended warranty. Don't expect more out of it.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:41 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

In today's world of social media, one would like to believe that companies, particularly those representing a premium brand like Porsche, would seek to behave beyond reproach. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have happened.

You might try writing a very factual and unemotional letter outlining exactly what you were and were not told and sending it to all the senior execs at the dealership and CCing senior execs at PCNA. Include in the letter how disappointed you were in this Porsche EXPERIENCE and let them know that you plan to share your experience with all of your friends on RL, FB, IG, Google, and the BBB.

I suspect this might get their attention, especially if you include your specific and desired remedy.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:45 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Fix the lamp on PCNA's CPO and enjoy the car, with all due respect this is not a collector piece.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Fix the lamp on PCNA's CPO and enjoy the car, with all due respect this is not a collector piece.
Agreed, I plan to drive it to death. It'll be a Manhattan/road trip car so I'm not trying to preserve value. I'd be happy if they just replaced the lamp and paid labor. Issue is I live in NYC and the car is in San Jose so bit of a pain to deal with it

Last edited by Sausagelink; 05-03-2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
In today's world of social media, one would like to believe that companies, particularly those representing a premium brand like Porsche, would seek to behave beyond reproach. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have happened.

You might try writing a very factual and unemotional letter outlining exactly what you were and were not told and sending it to all the senior execs at the dealership and CCing senior execs at PCNA. Include in the letter how disappointed you were in this Porsche EXPERIENCE and let them know that you plan to share your experience with all of your friends on RL, FB, IG, Google, and the BBB.

I suspect this might get their attention, especially if you include your specific and desired remedy.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Thanks for your advice! I will probably reach out to the sales manager again and just ask them to send me a new lamp or pay the invoice. Hopefully they're okay with that but they've gone radio silent since I sent the photo lol

Quick Reply: 2015 CPO GT3 Purchased