991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 CPO GT3 Purchased

Old 05-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could it be possible that the car sustained damage when it was in Porsche's hands before it was delivered to the dealer? Not defending the dealer as they should have disclosed, and not try to come up w/ fake excuses.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
Could it be possible that the car sustained damage when it was in Porsche's hands before it was delivered to the dealer? Not defending the dealer as they should have disclosed, and not try to come up w/ fake excuses.
Nope, the car has was picked up for shipment (enclosed shipping) and we found it right when it arrived. Unless someone was driving it around and hit a rock while it was in transit but I'm skeptical of that...
Old 05-03-2018, 10:07 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Sorry to hear that.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Well figured I should update. Dealership told me I'm **** out of luck, my fault for not inspecting the car myself basically. Lesson learned! With regards to the cracked headlight, they're saying it should be fixed under warranty but the service department from the bay area Porsche dealership said this is clearly from a rock and not warranty work lol

Guess I'm out 2700

dealership is Momentum Porsche in Houston by the way!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

What portions of the car were resprayed? Bumpers and lower hood is pretty common on these cars. Still doesn't excuse the sales rep for saying it was original paint but then again they will usually say anything to sell a car.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Sausagelink
Track Day

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
What portions of the car were resprayed? Bumpers and lower hood is pretty common on these cars. Still doesn't excuse the sales rep for saying it was original paint but then again they will usually say anything to sell a car.
Way more than just bumper and hood, some side panels too lol but yeah lesson learned, I plan to really drive the car and take advantage of that 120,000 mile warranty so whatever, not the end of the world
Old 05-04-2018, 10:56 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by Sausagelink
Nope, the car has was picked up for shipment (enclosed shipping) and we found it right when it arrived. Unless someone was driving it around and hit a rock while it was in transit but I'm skeptical of that...
I meant when it was in Porsche AG or PCNA's hands.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:57 PM
astolfor
Instructor

I had a similar issue (no panels issues but a bunch of mechanical stuff wrong) PCNA pretty much told me you are a loser for buying a car without inspecting it, and they sent me on my merry way.
Norwell Porsche in MA sent my car without alignment, tires from different years and all with different wear (as if they gathered old tires and put them on the car), old oil and filter (Blackstone guessed 10K miles or a very bad shape engine) , 3 different suspension members lose, break pads at 20-30 percent, a huge scratch in the inside, missing the CL socket, a crack in the windshield, water in the headlights...etc.etc..
PCNA argued that the car left the dealer is perfect condition and going as far as saying that Porsche of Bellevue's report (here in WA) was wrong and invalid because the car got shipped across the country (in an enclosed truck) and it could have happened while in transit or me driving it 60 miles to the dealer.

Plain and simple dishonesty from both Norwell and Porsche North America.

The lady also said that if I take the car to the track the warranty gets voided, I asked for a written statement and I am waiting.

So my options are sue them, sell the car and go back to Ferrari, Audi or McLaren, or fix the car and enjoy or a combination of the 3.

In Summary CPO is worth NOTHING as to the damages and appearance, maybe they will warrant mechanical issues.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:16 AM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Sausagelink: Very sorry to hear about what happened. Even if the car passed all CPO requirements, the dealer should have disclosed the repainted panels on the results sheet as a caveat. Another reason why third-party PPIs are so important.

Hope you can enjoy the car for what it is - a phenomenal daily driver that you can take to the groceries store parking lot without holding your breath.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Not to pour acid on the wound but any one buying a used car sight unseen is nuts

The whole car business if a freakin scam.

You bend over for one second and you better watch your rear

Stories like this make me sick to my stomach
Old 05-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 982 Likes on 509 Posts

After my 10 GT3 was hit just behind the driver's door in the quarter panel along with damage to the roof by a car with a bike rack on the back. The top pole on the rack skipped across the roof. I took the car to a dealer to get a diminutive value assessment. The dealer wrote it up and I believe it was something on the order of $10,000. After it was repaired I traded it to the same dealer for a 15 GT3. This was in Oct of 14 and the GT3 had about 14,000 miles on it. The dealer gave me $89k because of the 'prior' damage. It was then sold to an out of state buyer for around $105k as 'all original paint'. I had put photos of the car on RL with the damage prior to having it repaired. The buyer found my post and contacted me. The dealer's response was the salesman was their internet guy and he didn't know it was damaged. Porsche sided with the dealer. It was sold as CPO with the door, quarter panel and roof all having paint work
Old 05-07-2018, 10:42 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

All dealers that engage in this type of behavior should be exposed.

Using an excuse that someone on your staff didn't know it was damaged is not a valid excuse. It's either a lie, or it's an indictment on the process and procedures at the offending dealer. Either way, the dealer should take responsibility.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:17 AM
astolfor
Instructor

Originally Posted by horns
All dealers that engage in this type of behavior should be exposed.

Using an excuse that someone on your staff didn't know it was damaged is not a valid excuse. It's either a lie, or it's an indictment on the process and procedures at the offending dealer. Either way, the dealer should take responsibility.
NORWELL PORSCHE in MA pretty dishonest and they are "premier". Porsche North America stands behind them 100%, to the point of calling Porsche of Bellevue a second class dealership.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 CPO GT3 Purchased