Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shout out to Porsche North Houston

Old 05-03-2018, 01:07 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birel22
+1 Corkscrew is worth the wait and the best in the greater Houston area. I think I know what I am doing for lunch tomorrow!
Ever been on a Saturday and got the whole chicken for $12 or those massive beef "dino" ribs? So damn good.

That brisket though. The stuff dreams are made of.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:10 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PNH has the best food snacks of any dealer I go to. It excites me.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:56 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Mr. John Wright and Maisa Khalaf of PNH are welcomed to my festivities and my home if/when they come to San Francisco. Mooty referred me to PNH to purchase a car. Seamless and they go whole 9 yards for you. Stellar dealership!!! Mike
Old 05-03-2018, 02:35 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by greens
Ever been on a Saturday and got the whole chicken for $12 or those massive beef "dino" ribs? So damn good.

What about us vegetarians?

Another +1 for John and PNH

Vivian
Old 05-03-2018, 02:44 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

North Houston is a small BBQ market. If you're making the trek to Houston, there are much better places than Rudy's. For vegetarians - potato salad, bread, pie, beer.

​​​​​​https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/th...ints-in-texas/
Old 05-03-2018, 02:55 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you come to Houston you really want Mexican.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:30 PM
greens
Racer

Originally Posted by irish guitar
What about us vegetarians?

Another +1 for John and PNH

Vivian
Ironically enough my 1 year vegan anniversary arrives this July but I still dream of the days when I was able to consume Corkscrew.

If you're only vegetarian and still consuming dairy check out both their potato salad and cole slaw with jalapeno. Divine.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Corkscrew in Old Town Spring about 5 more minutes down the road from Rudy's is where you really want to be.
Originally Posted by Birel22
+1 Corkscrew is worth the wait and the best in the greater Houston area. I think I know what I am doing for lunch tomorrow!
Yeah, John told me that too...ok next time I'm out in Houston I'm getting Corkscrew.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Do they have beef ribs there? I know Rudys doesn't but I got some from La BBQ in Austin when I was at COTA....talk about meat candy.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Thumbs up for PNH. They have treated me incredibly well over the years. They've never once given me the reason to try another P dealer. They go the extra mile. If I buy a new Porsche, they are my only call. I also use them to source cars for me. I've bought things from them that never hit their floor. I deal with Tino when I buy and Billy when I sell; and there are lots of good guys in between including John that handles the RL crowd.

They are a dying bread amongst car dealers.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:55 PM
greens
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Do they have beef ribs there? I know Rudys doesn't but I got some from La BBQ in Austin when I was at COTA....talk about meat candy.
Only on Saturdays so make sure you go then. They're called "dino" ribs and they're massive. About 1.5 lbs each. One rack = 3 ribs = ~ 5 lbs.

The trick to Corkscrew is taking advantage of their pre-order form on their website and ordering on Wed-Thu ahead of schedule. Upside is that you can walk straight to the front of the massive line to pick up your order. Downside is that your meat doesn't come prepped. Say you order 3-4 lbs of brisket. It's going to come as one solid piece of beef and you'll have to take it outside to the table and slice it up yourself. Small price to pay though for not having to stand in a solid 1-1.5 hour long line.

https://www.corkscrewbbq.com/pre-order
Old 05-03-2018, 05:56 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

I could go on and on about PNH - terrific group. We are very lucky down here to have them. They totally get it and they have this customer for as long as that group of pros is there. Strangely I cannot wait to go get my $300 oil change bc I get to go there!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I much prefer boutique BBQ. But see here in CA, BBQ is limited to central coast Tri Tip, which is GOOD, but its not TX meat / brisket / beef ribs which is a whole another level. OH some places try, they all pretty much suck if you have ever had even mediocre bbq from TX.
Now, boutique BBQ is worth the wait and hassle. But, thing is, Rudy's and a couple others, are solid 'in a pinch' choices that are better than anything I've had in CA. And you don't have line up 10 hours before or pay some poor college student to do so or know the secret handshake or whatever. I swear it's easier to get into the hottest LA restaurants than to get great BBQ sometimes...
So it's about context.
And I WELCOME a trip to the corkscrew, never been, but frequent franklins and la bbq whenever I can while in Austin.
Now on Mexican, remember, we live in SoCal. This is where Mexican is real :-) I mean, queso? What is THAT!?!?!
Ok, so a food tour. BBQ and TexMex.
let's do it Martin!
Old 05-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Hmmm.... Houston day trip for bbq???
i need to use some swa pts!
Corkscrew all the way! Seriously, if any of you out of towers are in buying a car, would love to meet some of you in person.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I much prefer boutique BBQ. But see here in CA, BBQ is limited to central coast Tri Tip, which is GOOD, but its not TX meat / brisket / beef ribs which is a whole another level. OH some places try, they all pretty much suck if you have ever had even mediocre bbq from TX.
Now, boutique BBQ is worth the wait and hassle. But, thing is, Rudy's and a couple others, are solid 'in a pinch' choices that are better than anything I've had in CA. And you don't have line up 10 hours before or pay some poor college student to do so or know the secret handshake or whatever. I swear it's easier to get into the hottest LA restaurants than to get great BBQ sometimes...
So it's about context.
And I WELCOME a trip to the corkscrew, never been, but frequent franklins and la bbq whenever I can while in Austin.
Now on Mexican, remember, we live in SoCal. This is where Mexican is real :-) I mean, queso? What is THAT!?!?!
Ok, so a food tour. BBQ and TexMex.
let's do it Martin!
Rudy’s is definitely the best of any of the places that have BBQ “on demand”.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shout out to Porsche North Houston