991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raghu's Rosso Corsa .2 GT3

Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd love to see it next to a carmine red- the guards is obviously way more orange, but it looks just a shade or two deeper than the carmine...
Old 04-29-2018, 09:28 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

There are times when they can look similar for sure when they aren’t next to each other. Red can be hard to photograph depending on the light too. There’s less orange in RC but GR can also look really good and deep.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:22 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Thank you Ryan your photos are helpful.

However, I think we’re not sure that the Porsche Rossa Corsa and the Ferrari Rossa Corsa are the exact same shade. Thus it is of particular interest on this forum if we could see photos of Raghus Porsche GT3 in Rossa Corsa next to a Porsche GT3 in Guards Red.

You two both live in Texas, hopefully at some point you’ll meet up and can take some side by side photos of your two GT3s in those two shades of red.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:35 AM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

They should be the same color. It will be tough to find out though for sure because I live in Arizona 😉
Old 04-30-2018, 04:06 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
They should be the same color. It will be tough to find out though for sure because I live in Arizona 😉
different manufacturers, so no guarantee there.

Sorry re state, got you confused with someone else.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:59 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

different manufacturers, so no guarantee there.

Sorry re state, got you confused with someone else.
i have three friends in C&C that have Rosso Corsa Ferarri's. We compared the Ferrari and my GT3's Rosso Corsa. They are indistinguishable. Ryan's 488 GTB Rosso Corsa is different from the GR GT3 and CR GT4. So the logical deduction would be that the .2 PTS Rosso Corsa will be different from Porsche's CR and GR versions of red. There would be no reason for Porsche to offer CR if it were not different from GR or Rosso Corsa if it were not different from the GR or CR. The internet photos could be made to look whichever way one would like them to look. Hope you get to see a Rosso Corsa.2 GT3 or GT2RS or .1 GT3RS. I am told there is one of each out there somewhere.
Warm regards,
Raghu
Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

Colors are fun to debate. My 488 is Rossa Corsa but I doubt I will ever see a Porsche in that color. I rarely see another GT car on the street.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 293 Likes on 168 Posts

I love it!!

I've been buying bright red cars for nearly 20 years now, so when buying my Porsche's it was an easy decision. I've often joked that if I got PTS, I'd end up with something indistinguishable from Guards Red. Maybe Metallic Guards Red.

You sir, are my hero!!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:50 AM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
You are so right. The Rosso Corsa looks different in different lighting.
Here are variants of the same car in differing lighting conditions.

The RS appears so much wider in this pic. Is it that discernible in real life?
Old 05-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 293 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by strettyend
Yep.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:31 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by strettyend
Yes. It's stance is noticeably more aggressive in person. Have a .2 GT3 manual coming in this fall, and can honestly see myself picking up a 991.2 RS in GT Silver in 1-2 years to accompany it. Just love it's aggressive line & width.

Per thread topic... curious, if I lock end of Aug, my understanding is PTS is not likely to happen again, correct? Have Guards Red spec'd, but always felt Rosso Corsa is the best red available and would opt for it if I could. Carmine is very elegant & deep, but it's too dark for me in lower light. Not enough candy pop for me on such a flash car. Think it looks better in full sun than GR. RC would take care of this conundrum. Definitely jealous of Raghu.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Raghu
Pro

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I love it!!

I've been buying bright red cars for nearly 20 years now, so when buying my Porsche's it was an easy decision. I've often joked that if I got PTS, I'd end up with something indistinguishable from Guards Red. Maybe Metallic Guards Red.

You sir, are my hero!!
Thank you for your generous complement.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Raghu
Pro

Originally Posted by PwAg
Yes. It's stance is noticeably more aggressive in person. Have a .2 GT3 manual coming in this fall, and can honestly see myself picking up a 991.2 RS in GT Silver in 1-2 years to accompany it. Just love it's aggressive line & width.

Per thread topic... curious, if I lock end of Aug, my understanding is PTS is not likely to happen again, correct? Have Guards Red spec'd, but always felt Rosso Corsa is the best red available and would opt for it if I could. Carmine is very elegant & deep, but it's too dark for me in lower light. Not enough candy pop for me on such a flash car. Think it looks better in full sun than GR. RC would take care of this conundrum. Definitely jealous of Raghu.
Thank you sir. The PTS colors for .2 GT3 are done now. Sorry you couldn't get PTS.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car and congrats!

Did you get a chance to compare the Rosso to Carmine? I have an allocation for a Carmine GT3 and my CA is saying there is a SLIM chance he could make a PTS happen. My first choice is Saffron Yellow but that is not available. Rosso is the next option. Just trying to understand the difference between Rosso and Carmine.

BTW - Guards is not in even part of the conversation when comparing to Carmine and Rosso. Way too much orange at times to be compared.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:56 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Really like that color. Well done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raghu's Rosso Corsa .2 GT3