Sponsored by:

My GT2RS has landed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 11:23 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning wolfmobil,

What a lovely picture you shared, your GT2RS and 911R. What a lovely pair indeed. There are a few select members here who post these excellent GT cars by PORSCHE. Thank you for sharing your experiences and pictures of your highly coveted PORSCHE cars.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 04-29-2018, 11:34 AM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
What a pair! Honestly could be the perfect garage. Interesting to hear you'd take the R, would love to hear more of your impressions on the GT2. Just stunning in black. Great pics!
The GT2RS to me seems like a pinnacle of Porsche technology. It is very fast and I am not saying it lightly. When driving at 60 mph in 7th gear all it takes is a small flex of your big toe and the gear drops to the 4th. You look in the rear view mirror and it is as if someone had sucked back all the cars. The faster you go the more planted and surefooted this car feels. After reading a lot about new suspension I was afraid that it would be uncomfortable to drive to the track. I am happy to say it is not the case. The car soaks up road imperfections better than I expected. What I did not like is the droning from the exhaust in sport mode. It is very loud and unpleasant around 3,000 rpm. The car sounds way better with the exhaust switched to normal. Also it allows you to hear a lot more mechanical noises from the engine, intake etc. Overall listening to all the noises it makes is kind of like Metallica playing Beethoven. Loud, hard, awesome and on some level very unsettling.
As far as why I would pick the R it is simple. this car is the best cure against wanting to buy 993 RS, 964 RS and many other old Porsches. It checks all the boxes of these cars, but it is faster, better and more reliable. Every time I drive it the gearbox amazes me. The speed with which the revs rise is stunning. The car is a masterpiece.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:41 AM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Thanks to everyone for kind words and compliments on the car. Rennlist community is supportive, knowledgeable and passionate about Porsches. I will keep updating you with the on and off track impressions of the car.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:36 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

The dream garage...thanks for sharing you impressions.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:45 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome pair, love the stealth specs too! Grats!
Old 04-29-2018, 03:27 PM
DBC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful!!! I had seen your 911R at Collectors Car Garage and it is stunning! Enjoy!

If anyone wants to see some amazing cars, like the OP's 911R and GT2RS, you definitely should make the trip to CCG:

Collectors Car Garage
341 Railroad Avenue
Bedford Hills, NY 10507

Last edited by DBC; 04-29-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:35 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats on this epic car, and thank you giving a mini review of Manhattan Cars.

I have seen the showroom from the outside, when you take delivery from there, do you just drive the car on the NY roads to your home or do they do home delivery of the car?

Just curious - are you going to be driving this car on local roads and highways or strictly take it to the tracks.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:47 PM
nutsforporsche
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !! enjoy it in good health.... great to see dealers being loyal and vice versa!!
Old 04-29-2018, 04:15 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

x2 for MMC, have had good dealings with them

I got the Dunlops on my GT3, I find the tires to be great. Tons of grip, not much road noise, feel communicative to me and I put them through all conditions (rain, snow, warm temps). Only concern of mine is wear as I heard they will not last as long as the Cup 2s, and for track use accelerate the wear even more. Saw some 2RS with the Dunlops in Zuffenhausen as well so you are not alone
Old 04-29-2018, 04:50 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Congrats on this epic car, and thank you giving a mini review of Manhattan Cars.

I have seen the showroom from the outside, when you take delivery from there, do you just drive the car on the NY roads to your home or do they do home delivery of the car?

Just curious - are you going to be driving this car on local roads and highways or strictly take it to the tracks.
CaptainKirk,
Depends on the car. MMC is right on the west side highway. It's a straight shot out of the city and the road isn't that bad. From their you can go to Bear Mountain and Seven Lakes.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:52 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
x2 for MMC, have had good dealings with them

I got the Dunlops on my GT3, I find the tires to be great. Tons of grip, not much road noise, feel communicative to me and I put them through all conditions (rain, snow, warm temps). Only concern of mine is wear as I heard they will not last as long as the Cup 2s, and for track use accelerate the wear even more. Saw some 2RS with the Dunlops in Zuffenhausen as well so you are not alone
Thanks, Sam. Glad to hear they don't disappoint. I am curious to what is the reason though. PAG is diversifying suppliers or Michelin can't produce enough Cup tires?
Old 04-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
I haven't paid a penny over sticker. My GT3RS is July production will be sold to me at sticker as well. My experience with Manhattan dealership goes back years. This is they got me my 911R at sticker as well. And no, I do not have 918 Spyder. Just bought lots of cars from them over the years and will continue to buy from them. Not because of the access to GT cars, but because of the terrific customer service and experience.
Sorry for the confusion. I forgot who you were. Bugatti, Koenigsegg, RR, Bentley owner then? No first-hand experience so not my place to judge.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:31 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Just SICK!! Love it in black, also love your other rides, if I had your money I would burn mine, lol. You buy GT cars like I purchase 1/18 scale die cast Porsche’s, lol! Well not exactly but you are definitely rocking it! Enjoy them!!
Old 04-29-2018, 07:50 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

Amazing cars. Thanks for sharing your story, pics and insight.
Great stuff.

I also chuckled by the question by Rennlister on taking delivery at the dealership vs having the vehicle transported. I'm originally from Astoria Queens and grew up driving in the NYC area and although the GT2RS is King of Ring there is a chance it would not survive a lap around the old Brooklyn Queens Expressway LOL
Old 04-29-2018, 08:02 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
I know what I'm going to do with it. Monticello!
That's fantastic. And as it should be.

Quick Reply: My GT2RS has landed