Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 03:58 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
and get the opportunity to purchase at .... MSRP or $50k over? are the 'best clients' the ones that are always willing to over pay or the ones who keep in touch with the 'top employees at the store'?
My best clients make frequent appearances at our events, charity golf tournaments, charity car shows, bring their friends to spread the word etc.

We go to lunch sometimes. I don't golf, so we talk cars and they ask questions and they get told when cars are coming etc.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:59 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Wow, the dick wagging in this thread is strong.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:00 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
So is there a way that PCNA can directly assign my V070 an allocation in general? Or only if I’m in the VIP programs or call in a favor and practice some black magic?

I was offered a few allocations for $50k. But no. I’m okay with spending $50k in options, like I did my Touring. But refuse to give the same for just an allocation. I was told I can probably get an RS at msrp if I trade in my PTS Touring, but I would only add the RS, not replace the Touring.
PCNA can see your name on a commission if the dealer puts it on there.

Usually my commission entries for regular cars look like this:

PtsGulfMacanS_82k

Or
CheapPanHybridAmethyst_108k

Or
AndersonGT3Sold
Old 04-22-2018, 04:04 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Sound good to me. Let’s say I have a V070 RS order in the system. If/when PCNA assigns an additional allocation to that dealer, does the dealer have to assign it to my order or does PCNA automatically do so, or can it be both ways? The dealer tells me that if PCNA assigns an allocation to my V070, it will turn into a msrp allocation and cannot charge ADM.
It is my understanding that dealers LOVE to get your order into the system and show V70. They would do this for every breathing person. It shows to Porsche the demand for that particular car. When they actually get an allocation your V70 really means NOTHING. 100% up to the dealer to assign. It was weird and I was naive but when I started asking around way back in the day when I was trying to get a GT3 allocation, every dealer I called would tell me just enough to get me excited and asked I send them my spec "don't worry sir we can change it later if a few options you want to change". Then I realized via a little more research and asking around that was the tactic.

I could be completely wrong but this is what I know to be true.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:09 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by goin2drt
It is my understanding that dealers LOVE to get your order into the system and show V70. They would do this for every breathing person. It shows to Porsche the demand for that particular car. When they actually get an allocation your V70 really means NOTHING. 100% up to the dealer to assign. It was weird and I was naive but when I started asking around way back in the day when I was trying to get a GT3 allocation, every dealer I called would tell me just enough to get me excited and asked I send them my spec "don't worry sir we can change it later if a few options you want to change". Then I realized via a little more research and asking around that was the tactic.

I could be completely wrong but this is what I know to be true.
The V070 are theoretically supposed to be used to keep dealer on track and PAG to judge take rates for options, gauge interest levels etc

But basically unless a dealer is assigned someone directly (VIP) then they (PCNA) don't really get involved and it's all about the dealer.

Which is why so many GT3's got flipped in the first place. Dealers putting in their own orders to flip to the internet shoppers.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
A lot of you guys are missing in my key point which is that this has to be a long term strategy for both dealer and customer.

As a customer of Park Place- I always tried to have relationships with the highest level guys. I bought a few M in cars from their store over a short span. Basically my p1 and related purchases substituted for the 918.

But as soon as I became a dealer- no calls back despite being told I'm top 10 on all the cars I wanted to be on the list for. So now that I'm a dealer I'm pretty much back to square one and my version of being a business person is charging the customer for his car and hoping that eventually Porsche says "hey CJ good job here is a car for you" since we are such a small store compared to California stores in general.

I'm stuck between buying cars and selling cars but find my CGT and R and 997 and 993 stuff to be still fun enough that I don't need to take a local customer's allocation. I'll wait for what I really want and let all the customers get cars and try to build for the long term.

The ADM THING SUCKS but better to buy a car you can afford that holds decent value vs see the economy in the crapper because then factories stop making good cars!!

PtsGulfMacanS_82k

Or

Or
AndersonGT3Sold
This raises an interesting question. Once PCNA is advised of the name on the allocation do they have the power/ right to decline it or refuse to accept the commission number with the name?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:16 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

PtsGulfMacanS_82k

Or

Or
AndersonGT3Sold
Yes, I think you are referring to the allocation name/nickname a dealer puts into the system. PCNA mainframe has acess to see customer info, name, address, commission #, allocations, options, V status, customer history, dealer name, etc. But I know PCNA can also see right now that I have a V070 order in the system with my name (and send me that build sheet the dealer put in), even though I don’t have an allocation # yet. Is there anyway they can issue an allocation directly to my order or am I at the dealer’s mercy? I remember a bunch of guys last year getting the GT3 promotional packages in the mail even though they did not have an allocation. Since he’d are only sent out by PCNA, I can only assume he dealer put in their info as V070 or above, and then sold it to someone else...

Old 04-22-2018, 04:16 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

The V070 are theoretically supposed to be used to keep dealer on track and PAG to judge take rates for options, gauge interest levels etc

But basically unless a dealer is assigned someone directly (VIP) then they (PCNA) don't really get involved and it's all about the dealer.

Which is why so many GT3's got flipped in the first place. Dealers putting in their own orders to flip to the internet shoppers.
Makes sense. I think they should do this a little more like Ferrari. Funny story but true. I will give an abridged version. A good friend of mine goes to Geneva auto show. He goes to the F booth to check out the Pista. Guy tells him they are all sold, none left at all. After about 30 minutes of some conversation they find out he is a 918 owner etc etc etc. Low and behold in the 30 minute conversation (whatever it is they found out about him they liked or validated) a Pista became available. They asked him what dealer he lived close to and viola an allocation was assigned to him.

I would love for Porsche to do that type of stuff to weed out these flippers and get people speccing cars that actually want them and will drive them.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:24 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Makes sense. I think they should do this a little more like Ferrari. Funny story but true. I will give an abridged version. A good friend of mine goes to Geneva auto show. He goes to the F booth to check out the Pista. Guy tells him they are all sold, none left at all. After about 30 minutes of some conversation they find out he is a 918 owner etc etc etc. Low and behold in the 30 minute conversation (whatever it is they found out about him they liked or validated) a Pista became available. They asked him what dealer he lived close to and viola an allocation was assigned to him.

I would love for Porsche to do that type of stuff to weed out these flippers and get people speccing cars that actually want them and will drive them.
Right. Or let’s say I have a V070 order in the system or a dealer uses my info to order in the system (without my knowledge). Any way for PCNA to regulate and honor that order for that customer? Even if the dealer tried to selll it to another person without his knowledge? Let’s say a dealer tells me 3 months from now, “Sorry, nothing yet. I happen to call PCNA to go over other things and find out a dealer is receiving an allocation in my name I did not know about. What happens then?!
Old 04-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Keep in mind that the dealer is the customer of PCNA and not the ultimate buyer. The dealer can do whatever he likes with the allocation, Thus the need for a very special relationship with him.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:39 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Right. Or let’s say I have a V070 order in the system or a dealer uses my info to order in the system (without my knowledge). Any way for PCNA to regulate and honor that order for that customer? Even if the dealer tried to selll it to another person without his knowledge? Let’s say a dealer tells me 3 months from now, “Sorry, nothing yet. I happen to call PCNA to go over other things and find out a dealer is receiving an allocation in my name I did not know about. What happens then?!
I think due to overall volume they would have to hire someone specifically for such a job. Too many moving pieces.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:46 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nick
Keep in mind that the dealer is the customer of PCNA and not the ultimate buyer. The dealer can do whatever he likes with the allocation, Thus the need for a very special relationship with him.
Right, but one would assume that PCNA wouldn’t allow dealers to submit fraudulent orders or do things that ultimately damage the existing client base.

While l appreciate CJ’s input, I’m awaiting for Chicago Whale to come back and reply to my last 4-5 posts since he offered to share some knowledge himself on the whole V070...
Old 04-22-2018, 04:52 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

I think due to overall volume they would have to hire someone specifically for such a job. Too many moving pieces.
Understandable. But what does PCNA do about it if caught?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:52 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Understandable. But what does PCNA do about it if caught?
I'm too new to know.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:53 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Right, but one would assume that PCNA wouldn’t allow dealers to submit fraudulent orders or do things that ultimately damage the existing client base.

While l appreciate CJ’s input, I’m awaiting for Chicago Whale to come back and reply to my last 4-5 posts since he offered to share some knowledge himself on the whole V070...
Don't hold your breath we still don't know his real name

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?