991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?

Old 04-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Impi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From an “outside of the US” perspective: these cars are relatively cheaply priced in the US compared to other areas of the world. At USD50k over your GT3RS allocation is the same MSRP as my incoming GT3.

I would would hit that (ignoring the wrong behaviour that it encourages at a dealer level)
Old 04-22-2018, 12:43 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

A lot of you guys are missing in my key point which is that this has to be a long term strategy for both dealer and customer.

As a customer of Park Place- I always tried to have relationships with the highest level guys. I bought a few M in cars from their store over a short span. Basically my p1 and related purchases substituted for the 918.

But as soon as I became a dealer- no calls back despite being told I'm top 10 on all the cars I wanted to be on the list for. So now that I'm a dealer I'm pretty much back to square one and my version of being a business person is charging the customer for his car and hoping that eventually Porsche says "hey CJ good job here is a car for you" since we are such a small store compared to California stores in general.

I'm stuck between buying cars and selling cars but find my CGT and R and 997 and 993 stuff to be still fun enough that I don't need to take a local customer's allocation. I'll wait for what I really want and let all the customers get cars and try to build for the long term.

The ADM THING SUCKS but better to buy a car you can afford that holds decent value vs see the economy in the crapper because then factories stop making good cars!!
Old 04-22-2018, 01:04 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

What's fair? A price both the customer and dealer are comfortable with. Honestly if you don't pay the $50K someone probably will.....
Old 04-22-2018, 02:55 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
A lot of you guys are missing in my key point which is that this has to be a long term strategy for both dealer and customer.

As a customer of Park Place- I always tried to have relationships with the highest level guys. I bought a few M in cars from their store over a short span. Basically my p1 and related purchases substituted for the 918.

But as soon as I became a dealer- no calls back despite being told I'm top 10 on all the cars I wanted to be on the list for. So now that I'm a dealer I'm pretty much back to square one and my version of being a business person is charging the customer for his car and hoping that eventually Porsche says "hey CJ good job here is a car for you" since we are such a small store compared to California stores in general.

I'm stuck between buying cars and selling cars but find my CGT and R and 997 and 993 stuff to be still fun enough that I don't need to take a local customer's allocation. I'll wait for what I really want and let all the customers get cars and try to build for the long term.

The ADM THING SUCKS but better to buy a car you can afford that holds decent value vs see the economy in the crapper because then factories stop making good cars!!
The reason you received no calls back from Park Place is because you've managed to burn most of your dealer relationships in a very, very -- very! -- short period of time.

Question for you CJ: if you are distributing your GT3 orders by using your v070 order demands, why do your new GT3's continually show up online for sale at MSRP once they hit v300 status, and stay there until v999? Readers of Rennlist don't understand how the internal mechanics of PVMS work, so they can't see your continual hypocrisy. But if you're going to start naming dealers like Park Place, then we are going to start having conversations again about how v070 order demands work. I look forward to your response.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:16 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Perhaps we could turn this into a positive learning experience for Rennlist readers of how v070 order demands are converted into real allocations. This way, everyone benefits positively.

Sound like a good idea?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:31 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
The reason you received no calls back from Park Place is because you've managed to burn most of your dealer relationships in a very, very -- very! -- short period of time.

Question for you CJ: if you are distributing your GT3 orders by using your v070 order demands, why do your new GT3's continually show up online for sale at MSRP once they hit v300 status, and stay there until v999? Readers of Rennlist don't understand how the internal mechanics of PVMS work, so they can't see your continual hypocrisy. But if you're going to start naming dealers like Park Place, then we are going to start having conversations again about how v070 order demands work. I look forward to your response.
I'm at no point "burning" or "getting burned" by Park Place. They are good. I have gone on record MANY TIMES about how they are good. They're good enough that I gave them back my ADM'd Riviera PTS car (that I found via RL'er on east coast) for MSRP as a buddy deal since they sold me my R at MSRP.

I know it must really suck to keep trying to poke holes in this but there is nothing there and no skeletons in my closet.

Bought a Boxster Spyder from Mike Ludes. He was great. Traded it in when my GT4 arrived a few months later to Circle. Circle courtesy delivered my R which was airfreighted 3 months late. The five dealers I have bought cars from in the last few years are

Circle (GT4)
Park Place (R)
Capital Eurocars (box Spyder)
Philly/ Main Line (RS riviera)
Braman (RS UV)

Both RS's I paid ADM because I wanted a PTS /UV car and a RL'er backed out and I paid what he agreed to. The Boxster Spyder was actually a RL deal- he had it advertised and I wired the money.

Why do they auto populate just like a Macan? I'll have the Gary Stock rep call you to explain how the websites on the internet work...you can call my customers to ask how the GT allocations work. (The cars all remain in the system until they are paid for, and RDR'd by one of the 4 finance or Sales Managers). With regular cars, like a Miami Blue GTS, sometimes customers back out after the lock date. That's why I have a "KF" Graphite Targa GTS on my Lot.

Did you make a map of my EHB calendar? You have way too much time on your hands obviously. Or you can just give up and use your insider knowledge to educate everyone on Porsche's Product Plan, the 2025 Plan etc.

If you only had a real name
Old 04-22-2018, 03:43 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Perhaps we could turn this into a positive learning experience for Rennlist readers of how v070 order demands are converted into real allocations. This way, everyone benefits positively.

Sound like a good idea?
Sound good to me. Let’s say I have a V070 RS order in the system. If/when PCNA assigns an additional allocation to that dealer, does the dealer have to assign it to my order or does PCNA automatically do so, or can it be both ways? The dealer tells me that if PCNA assigns an allocation to my V070, it will turn into a msrp allocation and cannot charge ADM.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:44 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Sound good to me. Let’s say I have a V070 RS order in the system. If/when PCNA assigns an additional allocation to that dealer, does the dealer have to assign it to my order or does PCNA automatically do so, or can it be both ways? The dealer tells me that if this V070 turns into an allocation, that it will automatically be a msrp allocation and cannot charge ADM.
No it's up to the dealer to input the customer data into the actual allocation box.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:44 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Or just make more money.
The easiest money to make is the money you don't spend.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:45 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by mooty
if u get one lower than that and don’t want it send it to me
If $50k over was a great deal then the market would have cleared and there would be none available. But they are ...
Old 04-22-2018, 03:46 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pors9
The easiest money to make is the money you don't spend.
If you invest the money you don't spend it's crazy compound interest!
Old 04-22-2018, 03:48 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
If $50k over was a great deal then the market would have cleared and there would be none available. But they are ...
I'm sure there are a lot of folks waiting to see what the second round of allocations brings volume wise.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:50 PM
pors9
Banned

Lots of the top clients are constantly in touch with the top employees at a store and they tend to hear about stuff earliest, get the invites etc.
and get the opportunity to purchase at .... MSRP or $50k over? are the 'best clients' the ones that are always willing to over pay or the ones who keep in touch with the 'top employees at the store'?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:50 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

No it's up to the dealer to input the customer data into the actual allocation box.
So is there a way that PCNA can directly assign my V070 an allocation in general? Or only if I’m in the VIP programs or call in a favor and practice some black magic?

I was offered a few allocations for $50k. But no. I’m okay with spending $50k in options, like I did my Touring. But refuse to give the same for just an allocation. I was told I can probably get an RS at msrp if I trade in my PTS Touring, but I would only add the RS, not replace the Touring.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:53 PM
pors9
Banned

If you invest the money you don't spend it's crazy compound interest!
Maybe you should take your money out of those CD's? Better yet buy a car $50k over and enjoy the deprecation

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?