Sponsored by:

2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 11:04 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I am not a dealer, nor am I a personal friend of CJ. But as it happens, I can actually correlate claims made by him about some of the stuff going on behind close doors with my connections. Some would called it 3rd party independently verified.
You mean for example watching one dealer call another to determine where they could fix the RS markups?

Maybe the real question we should be asking is why CW is so upset about CJ calling out this kind of behavior, because the reality is that a large percentage of GT3/RS buyers on this forum have been a victim at one point or another of what's going on out there.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:19 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
You mean for example watching one dealer call another to determine where they could fix the RS markups?

Maybe the real question we should be asking is why CW is so upset about CJ calling out this kind of behavior, because the reality is that a large percentage of GT3/RS buyers on this forum have been a victim at one point or another of what's going on out there.
Nah, they dealers are honest people, they wouldn't do THAT!!!!

I think I have eliminated Porsche regional rep as his possibly occupation. Reps gets a fixed pay check, they couldn't care less.

Leaning towards him being a Porsche salesman, or Sales Manager. That's the kind of access he has into the internal system to call out CJ's allocation so precisely. And also have a lot to lose with Porsche Fresno taking customers away from his dealership.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:32 PM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 962 Likes on 415 Posts

Gentlemen, with all due respect, I think this thread has pretty well run its course.

Those who like CW's posts have had a chance to post in support of him, and those who like CJ's posts have done likewise. Not only that, once in a while, someone has actually posted something relevant to the OP! ...Although I'm quite sure the entire thread was started by a drive-by troll post.

So I'm gonna close this thread. I'll leave it up for those who appreciate the peek behind the curtains of a dealership, but I can't think of many more constructive posts that we haven't already seen.

Thank you for your understanding.

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?