Sponsored by:

Hill Assist

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 09:15 PM
phow
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Hill Assist

I’ve had my GT3 for a few days now and absolutely love it. Amazing machine.

I do have one concern and I apologize in advance if this has been asked. I searched the various GT3/hill assist threads and couldn’t find an answer to this particular question.

Where I live in LA we have a fair share of hills. With the PDK in the GT3, I have noticed the hill assist operates differently from my 991.1 Carrera. Where the Carrera would hold indefinitely after letting off the brake, the GT3 releases the brake after 1-2 seconds. I don’t have an issue with this but I’m still getting in the habit of not letting off the brake until I’m ready to accelerate. This has lead to the GT3 rolling backwards on several occasions. Not very far but at least 3-6”. My question is can you damage the PDK by allowing the GT3 to roll backwards on a hill? Or is there some sort of catch that automatically engages at a certain distance? I’m really just curious and don’t have the ***** to test this out myself

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

You will not damage PDK by letting it roll backwards.

i like the 2 second release. If on a hill waiting on a red light keep brake engaged. When ready to go you release and accelerate and the 2 second hold prohibits the roll back. It does take a little getting used to.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:42 PM
phow
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. I see myself getting used to it fairly quickly and it seems like a good system.

Quick Reply: Hill Assist