Name:  photo681.jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  354.3 KB
Old 04-18-2018, 10:54 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
even your TNF-alpha markers will get elevated if you keep it up.
Alexio, I’m truly impressed you know about TNF-alpha. And I agree, mediate! Stressing out about negative crap is not going to help anyone, especially the keeping up part.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:13 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,381 Likes on 637 Posts

Original owner of the car was Jochen Rohr, who has a long happy PTS history with Porsche. Eventually went to Graham, and as far as I know they all made money selling the car. No sad faces in that lot.

If I am the final owner...oh well! I took some advice along the way and was told to constantly try to replace my favorite cars with better examples. So, my white 4.0 became a black 4.0 became a PTS 4.0 The cars are all listed for sale in my collection except my 993 GT2 and my
P1 as I have not had a chance to find better examples. If this does sell it goes straight into a CGT.

We all have different goals- and my used car inventory strategy is definitely different from
ALMOST every porsche franchise...except Porsche North Houston. They also dive deep into the madness of rare examples. Hat tip/ fist bump to John as he's great. We target the same cars and he ends up with some awesome stuff- PTS GT2, CGT, 4.0, PTS 997.2 all mirror what I like.

There was, for comparative purposes, a meerblau former Jeff Zwart car with a 525k asking price at Road Scholars.

Keeping it factual, and simultaneously provocative...as usual.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,829 Likes on 2,389 Posts

cj's post is really eloquent.
but i have a shorter version.
i have bought a lot of cars in past and sold most of them.
the one's i dont sell or the ones i regret selling are the one's i bought without thinking
if it takes you more than 10 min to decide to buy or not, you dont really love it.
do you dither that long to decide to pull on condom on or just do it?
Old 04-19-2018, 02:38 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101

You do get your points across without words, don’t you? Please continue....
Each to their own but these posts have me strongly considering my first use of ‘ignore’...
Old 04-19-2018, 02:55 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Post 33 and 34 telling it like it is. We have some great contributors and enthusiasts on RL.

I am big fan of the 4.0RS. My second favorite P - car...only trumped by the CGT.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:05 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
the one's i dont sell or the ones i regret selling are the one's i bought without thinking
if it takes you more than 10 min to decide to buy or not, you dont really love it.

do you dither that long to decide to pull on condom on or just do it?
this i will keep in mind.
all my clientele will understand this metaphor in a second

still controversal. a 911 for 600k. feels like in bed with a top model - but with a strap on...
Old 04-19-2018, 06:54 AM
sverduzco
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a model car sitting on my computer desk that i didn't realize was that special lol....
Old 04-19-2018, 09:42 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Each to their own but these posts have me strongly considering my first use of ‘ignore’...
Use the ignore feature, I just discovered it/used it for another RL member here who posts kind of creepy things. Personally love STG's posts...they keep the atmosphere light and humorous rather than dove tailing into a testosterone filled thunder dome (no pun intended with the Rocky memes lol...maybe my sense of humor just aligns well with his)

Life is too short and we are all here to enjoy, have a "mental beer/cigarette break", share in our passion for these amazing cars..

That being said I too have noticed CW and CJ at odds from time to time. If the fate of the universe hangs in the balance, I will ride with CJ

Old 04-19-2018, 05:06 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
It's somewhat ironic that you know who Robert Sapolsky is, his work on the neuronal damage created by the stress response dovetails with our research for medical device we are building. We are focused on reducing the inflammatory effects caused by chronic activation of the fight or flight response, a condition you seem afflicted by every time you post. Health is more important than letting strangers on an Internet forum know how unfair the world of Porsche pricing is. The constant scramble you create for yourself flares up your adrenal glands, blood sugars, even your TNF-alpha markers will get elevated if you keep it up. Go meditate or something, then we can read a little of Sapolsky's research together..

Drop the angst... stay healthy and enjoy the ride a little. If you need a laugh, I carry a little naked Trump bobble head doll in my pocket, i can mail it to you.. just don't post pictures of it.

And we forgive you for the misspelling, so you can breath there at least...
Quackery!

You’re connecting unrelated dots (while ignoring others) to draw a preconceived caricature of my personality that fits your narrative.

The neurological response to fear and stress, the decision to fight or flight - these reactions all have the same chemical underpinnings: hormones. Hormones control sex, too. By your connect-the-dots reasoning, you could argue with equal validity that every time I post to Rennlist, I have a top-of-the-flagpole ERECTION. Which, by the way, may or may not be true.

Sapolsky would tell you — in the field of neuroendocrinology — data points are individually meaningless without context, and any good neurologist should never manufacture context to create a pre-conceived result or narrative.

Quack. Quack.

You’re a good man, Alexio. I wish you well. Some of this is in good humor. The other bits? It’s not angst; it’s... righteous indignation.

Returning to to the thread topic, CarFax shows the car has been for sale since September. 90 days is eternity in the used car business. The market has never been better for rare Porsches, and yet this highly desirable, rare 911 is just sitting there, month after month after month. Seems the marketplace might have spoken.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Quackery!

You’re connecting unrelated dots (while ignoring others) to draw a preconceived caricature of my personality that fits your narrative.

The neurological response to fear and stress, the decision to fight or flight - these reactions all have the same chemical underpinnings: hormones. Hormones control sex, too. By your connect-the-dots reasoning, you could argue with equal validity that every time I post to Rennlist, I have a top-of-the-flagpole ERECTION. Which, by the way, may or may not be true.

Sapolsky would tell you — in the field of neuroendocrinology — data points are individually meaningless without context, and any good neurologist should never manufacture context to create a pre-conceived result or narrative.

Quack. Quack.

The market has never been better for rare Porsches, and yet this highly desirable, rare 911 is just sitting there, month after month after month. Seems the marketplace might have spoken.

Maybe, just maybe Porsche of Fresno doesn't operate under the same mentality as your average sell your soul dealers out there. Maybe he isn't sweating bullets having a great car adorning his showroom and see's himself as one privileged owner in this cars history. Maybe he isn't looking at each day as a cost of ownership, but another day of pride owning this special car.

Mr. Whale, your envy is getting the best of you.

Looks like you're comfortable in cold waters by design. You'll do well in freezing ones.

Name:  photo619.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  325.5 KBName:  photo702.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  214.5 KB
Old 04-20-2018, 12:18 AM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Well done CJ!

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
If I am the final owner...oh well! I took some advice along the way and was told to constantly try to replace my favorite cars with better examples. So, my white 4.0 became a black 4.0 became a PTS 4.0.
Someone gave you very sound advice and you were smart enough to listen. One of the many reasons why you own the dealership(s) and a very small number of members here spend their time posting against you, either out of jealousy or stupidity (or both).
Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Use the ignore feature, I just discovered it/used it for another RL member here who posts kind of creepy things. Personally love STG's posts...they keep the atmosphere light and humorous rather than dove tailing into a testosterone filled thunder dome (no pun intended with the Rocky memes lol...maybe my sense of humor just aligns well with his)

Life is too short and we are all here to enjoy, have a "mental beer/cigarette break", share in our passion for these amazing cars..

That being said I too have noticed CW and CJ at odds from time to time. If the fate of the universe hangs in the balance, I will ride with CJ

Who did you ignore? CJ is more transparent than CW and doesn't randomly ban people either.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:36 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
Who did you ignore? CJ is more transparent than CW and doesn't randomly ban people either.
Who did you ignore ? The WU kid, lol
Hope your trip was a real blast. The fact your GT3 is now broken in after Euro delivery says so much on how you will use the GT3. Stay in good health, you are young, I see no problem hitting one MM Miles
Old 04-20-2018, 03:05 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101

Alexio, I’m truly impressed you know about TNF-alpha. And I agree, mediate! Stressing out about negative crap is not going to help anyone, especially the keeping up part.
I'm learning too! I always associated TNF-alpha with chronic inflammation, psoriasis, CAD etc. and the fight or flight being epinephrine, norepinephrine and cortisol. Alexio and those doctor types are keeping us all honest!

J

Quick Reply: R & T Recommends you Steal this PTS 911 GT3 RS 4.0 from CJ