Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud of my Son

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM
mike.baa
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great story. Don't hear enough of these anymore. Congrats to both of you!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Great dad.
Avi has this natural calm an personal overweight.

my Mr purple i will never sell, unless forced.
I’m very sentimental to this car. I hope to never sell it.
Not many people I throw the keys to. Actually I’ve never done that until I met Avi.
Dad’s deserves all credit.

although young, Avi is mature and a solid character, his upbringing and how he carries himself is an example.
Through friends with privaledged kids I have seen spoiled kids.

im just thankful to have met dad and son.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:48 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for sharing and good job on raising a great son!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

May God bless the both of you
Great story
Father and son bond .... is something really special
best regards
Ed
Old 04-16-2018, 08:44 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

I can't thank you all enough for the amazing comments and well wishes. So thank you!!!

Originally Posted by BMWMB
Great story. How old is your son now?

I'm also born with the 'Tetralogy of Fallot', and also had 2 times open heart surgery. I was born in 1971, and had my first surgery for correction when i was 2 years old. 5 Years later they also modified my defectiev valve with a pericardial patch (at that time there were no pulmonary valves yet). This week i'm going to celibrate my 47'nd birthday, and still healthy and fresh.
The only problem with surgery in that time was that they restored the 'mechanical part' of the heart, but they forgot to protect the 'electrical part'. In that time they cut in your heart, as they slaughter a cow, and they damaged the berves around my heart. Because of those primitive technics, 15 years ago i started to have problems with my heart rythm. (not bad, only extrasystoles) After a electrofysiological study, they decided to implant an ICD out of precaution, because i have risk for life-threatening arrythmias. I allready have my 2nd one (batteries die after 10 years), but, fingers crossed, i did not need it for now. Let's hope everything stays stable! Health is the biggest wealth.
Today surgery technics are much better, and now they completely avoid nerve damage, so your son is lucky!

Enjoy your GT3. I still have to wait 1 month for mine.
That's quite the story! Stories like yours are an inspiration and I wish you the very best in good health....

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Great dad.
Avi has this natural calm an personal overweight.

my Mr purple i will never sell, unless forced.
I’m very sentimental to this car. I hope to never sell it.
Not many people I throw the keys to. Actually I’ve never done that until I met Avi.
Dad’s deserves all credit.

although young, Avi is mature and a solid character, his upbringing and how he carries himself is an example.
Through friends with privaledged kids I have seen spoiled kids.

im just thankful to have met dad and son.
Thanks Peter! I think he deserves a lot of credit as well. There are plenty of opportunities to make different decisions. He chooses to fight and not ever let his situation in life affect his desire to excel. Credit to his mom as well... even though we divorced 15 years ago, we always worked together in his best interest.

These cars that we play with are some of the most amazing technological pieces of machinery. They help my son and I create memories that can never be replaced. Whether it's changing the brakes, checking tire pressures, fueling up between sessions, or running around the track.

They are simply tools that help build personal bonds and serve as common interest that binds us with so many great friends.

For now, just watch your mirrors for a GT3 in your six... It's probably not me.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:54 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

Great story. Technology that creates the opportunity for kids like Avi to achieve his goals is a blessing we have. Wonderful that he is making the best of it.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:54 PM
Lazyflatfoot
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice when a father states out loud, or writes so others can hear how proud they are of their children. Not brag but how proud. Thank you for your post.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:03 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

You’re a good dad
Old 04-16-2018, 11:20 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

Great Father and a Great Son, awesome to read this and continued success to Avi .
Old 04-16-2018, 11:27 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just awesome! That pic of your son on the wall is baller! You deserve to be super proud.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Just awesome! That pic of your son on the wall is baller! You deserve to be super proud.
This event that he did was 6 months after his surgery and was a 15.5 mile Spartan Beast. By the last 100 yards, his calves completely locked up and he couldn't even walk.

He fought to get up off the ground and run across the finish line. It was heart wrenching to see him struggling but I knew that he had to push through it himself.

His mom captured these photos at the finish line. The next day, he did the 5.5 mile Sprint with me...

I was curious how it would be instructing him. I was told by other instructors that the familiarity between father/son was a challenge and would possibily hinder the ability to communicate.

After each correction, he wouldn't say much into the chatterbox... he would just adjust the next time around. And once in a while, I'd get a "Got it" after I told him where he could improve. And that he did.

He is a constant reminder to me of what is most important.

We debate here over manual / pdk, PCCB / steel, touring / wing, buckets / sofas, white / chalk, etc... These are all such fun stuff to discuss.

Again, thank you all for the comments and well wishes... If he happens to see any of you at the track, he'll know he's among friends.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:07 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Great story and thanks for sharing!
Old 04-17-2018, 12:07 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

What a wonderful and inspiring story about your son Erez. Well done for obviously being an awesome Dad. The challenges your son overcame are a direct consequence of the support he receives from his family. So, give yourself a pat on your back, and of course a massive hug to your son.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:41 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

So awesome. Great story, great family it seems. Throw a Porsche on top, and you have the best in life. Enjoy and thanks to all contributors for a great thread.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:49 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Great story!

Quick Reply: Proud of my Son