Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???

Old 11-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Wait, are you telling me the Lithium battery that came with my GT3 and I never installed is dead, like forever?

There was a reason Porsche stopped making them- Liability issues and pissed off Customers.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 976 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Wait, are you telling me the Lithium battery that came with my GT3 and I never installed is dead, like forever?

Not necessarily. What is the voltage on the battery currently? Generally speaking, these types of lithium batteries retain their charge for a very long time as long as there is nothing drawing on the battery. So this may depend on how long it has sat, but it sounds like it's never been connected to anything, is that correct?
Old 11-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Spdrcrj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity

7- We have some other very cool stuff coming in the upcoming months (Early 2019) ... just doing some testing. For example OEM exact fit sizing for the H5/Group 47 - H6/Group48 - H7/Group49 models.... and they will have a little more Capacity at 40Ah and up. But a little more weight about 2.5 lbs, but made for those who want the exact Lead/Acid replica size it will be good, and they will be 10 and more Amp Hpurs. The RS-30 will still be the go-to for most weight loss in a compact size, but we wanted to offer the OEM sizing Alternative stuff with a bit more capacity for those who have more electronics or don't want the ultra lightweight stuff. And these will also be set to work more in the parameters with the STOP/START features of the Turbos.
The extra weight of the stock size is, pretty much, offset by the lack of need for the 1.8lb mount correct?

Old 11-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Spdrcrj
The extra weight of the stock size is, pretty much, offset by the lack of need for the 1.8lb mount correct?
??????? Bizarre comment ... the lithium battery saves over 30 lbs with bracket weight included
Old 11-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Spdrcrj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

??????? Bizarre comment ... the lithium battery saves over 30 lbs with bracket weight included
I meant the comparison between the new stock sized battery coming out in 2019 vs the RS30 with bracket. That's why I quoted the specific "stock size" reference from Antigravity. No mention of the stock battery was made or intended.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

I meant the comparison between the new stock sized battery coming out in 2019 vs the RS30 with bracket. That's why I quoted the specific "stock size" reference from Antigravity. No mention of the stock battery was made or intended.
Sorry that makes sense
Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 83 Posts

Makes sense to me, assuming they're not including the mount in the weight difference when they say 2.5lbs heavier.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:39 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a question about “re-starting” the battery from sleep due to inactivity and low charge state. How do we access the trunk of our 991 without any power to push the restart button? Another battery maker (Voltphreaks) made a wire that could be placed inside the cabin.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9972RS
I have a question about “re-starting” the battery from sleep due to inactivity and low charge state. How do we access the trunk of our 991 without any power to push the restart button? Another battery maker (Voltphreaks) made a wire that could be placed inside the cabin.

If you have access to the interior of the car you can energize the Red Bus on the fuse block which will allow you too activate the fob and pop the frunk to access the Re-Start button (we found this out the hard way when we forgot to turn the battery on while testing and closed it). And in light of this we've also come up with a harness ourselves that will allow for exterior access and allow you to plug right in to a jump starter to energize the battery and wake it up. This should be ready in about 5-6 weeks and look similar to the images below.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:57 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

If you have access to the interior of the car you can energize the Red Bus on the fuse block which will allow you too activate the fob and pop the frunk to access the Re-Start button (we found this out the hard way when we forgot to turn the battery on while testing and closed it). And in light of this we've also come up with a harness ourselves that will allow for exterior access and allow you to plug right in to a jump starter to energize the battery and wake it up. This should be ready in about 5-6 weeks and look similar to the images below.

Two questions:

1) Is the above harness available yet
2) Is the RS-30 Lithium battery gonna be back in stock soon on your website? It says backordered.

Thx
Old 01-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Two questions:

1) Is the above harness available yet
2) Is the RS-30 Lithium battery gonna be back in stock soon on your website? It says backordered.

Thx
On the Harness we are waiting for confirmation of shipping date. I will post up again in a few days.

On the RS-30 we sold out unfortunately but have some coming in later in January... BUT addtionally we have a few new batteries coming out at that time also. We are going to be bringing out a new battery line that is the exact OEM sizes as the batteries in your Porsche... for example an H6/Group48 model. So you don't need a tray anymore, but additionally they have a Wireless Remote Keyfob to actuate the RE-START feature. And that is super cool because it means that if you are locked out of the frunk with a dead battery you can just click the Wireless keyfob and have energy to start the car and/or open the funk. So its very advanced.... should have our first partial shipment by the end of January, but everything is very tight on production schedule so we are hoping to get at least a few in before the end of the month. I'll try to post some pictures later.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:52 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

On the Harness we are waiting for confirmation of shipping date. I will post up again in a few days.

On the RS-30 we sold out unfortunately but have some coming in later in January... BUT addtionally we have a few new batteries coming out at that time also. We are going to be bringing out a new battery line that is the exact OEM sizes as the batteries in your Porsche... for example an H6/Group48 model. So you don't need a tray anymore, but additionally they have a Wireless Remote Keyfob to actuate the RE-START feature. And that is super cool because it means that if you are locked out of the frunk with a dead battery you can just click the Wireless keyfob and have energy to start the car and/or open the funk. So its very advanced.... should have our first partial shipment by the end of January, but everything is very tight on production schedule so we are hoping to get at least a few in before the end of the month. I'll try to post some pictures later.
Great info!
New question: How can I get in line and reserve one of these new batteries!
Pm incoming...
Old 01-03-2019, 05:45 PM
whoddoo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be interested in the harness you are describing so please let me know when available.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:34 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Antigravity:

I think i want the new battery, does it weigh in at the same or less than the rs30? if it weighs the same or less i definitely want the new one!

Does it make any difference w the battery in us cars vs europe/sweden considering the battery? I dont know anything about batteries.
The following users liked this post:
pride355 (05-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 80s
Antigravity:

I think i want the new battery, does it weigh in at the same or less than the rs30? if it weighs the same or less i definitely want the new one!

Does it make any difference w the battery in us cars vs europe/sweden considering the battery? I dont know anything about batteries.
The weight will be relatively similar but there will be some variances as you'll have different AmpHour options depending on the application it is being used in. These will range from about 20Ah to 40Ah with the smaller capacity for race/track applications and the higher capacity for daily driving/street use. In addition you shouldn't need the additional bracket like the RS-30 so that would shave about another 1 1/2 lbs. It should be the same premise as far an automobiles charging system goes so you shouldn't see any variance in US vs European.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???