Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

I am in for a battery once details are ready thanks
Old 05-08-2018, 10:40 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Me too. Want the RS-30 battery and Mount (in silver?). I checked out your batteries during CFOS. Super product and seriously light!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:07 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Sorry for not posting recently, usually I was getting emails about new posts and it stopped sending them to me. Still waiting on trays but as I said should be shipping to us on the 12th then a few days after that I can start shipping I plan. All can participate in the group buy still. Everything is going forward as planned.
can I get a PM on group buy details?
Old 05-09-2018, 01:45 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

So what are the group buy specifics, price/package?
Old 05-09-2018, 01:48 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Also interested in 2. Please let me know how.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

HI all,

So here is what I decided to do. Since I don't want to post open public prices on the forum I am going to ask anyone interested to please send me an PM. I will respond with the same boilerplate replay to all on the pricing offered for the group buy.

I will offer 3 options (A,B,C) as I stated below and the pricing on those options in my response. Then you can just reply with a PM to me with what option you want to go with. Of course I can change out products to what you want if you specify something different.

A) RS30, and Battery Tray, and Optimate 0.8 Amp Battery Charger/Maintainer
B) RS-30 Battery, and Battery Tray
C) RS-30 alone

Some facts about the Group Buy.
1- I am still waiting on the final trays... yes they are in production and toward the end of it... but I am just getting a first Shipment date from the Machinest to me of May 12th for the UN-ANODIZED Models... the Anodized Colors will be a week later. Please keep in mind they are SHIPPED to me on May 12... I assume 5-7 day after that I will have them in hand and be shipping them out. I DON"T control the shipping or final fabrication dates on the tray. Yes I am pulling my hair out to get these but as you can see from the pics below they are going forward...

2- The Optimate Charger we sell does NOT come with a Cigarette lighter plug in like the CTEK for the Porsche Battery (thought they do offer one) ...The Optimate Charger come with Clamps AND a SAE charging pig tail in the kit. And you can run the pigtail right from the battery and easily hook the charger up at the base of the windshield without having to go into the car (how I prefer)... I will try to post a pic later on what I'm talking about. Also note, there are two model of Optimate a .8amp model or a more expensive 5 Amp model. .8A is fine and you should really not have to use it much if ever unless you have something that creates a high parasitic draw and you don't drive the car often.

3-There will be anodized colors of the trays... Black, Blue, Red, those are coming approximately a WEEK later than the raw aluminum trays due to the time to do the anodizing process.

4- Once I have the trays I will keep the Group Buy open for 3 weeks to a month to make sure nobody missed it.

If you have any questions or I missed something let me know.

Regards,

scott-

Old 05-09-2018, 07:20 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks! PM sent. Does the antigravity battery need a specific battery maintainer or does the Porsche CTEK one work fine?
Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 AM
LavOGT3
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Group Buy

Hello Scott,

I would like like to purchase package A with the battery, tray(black) and charger.
Could you please send me pricing and best way to make payment.

thanks,

Erik

HI all,

So here is what I decided to do. Since I don't want to post open public prices on the forum I am going to ask anyone interested to please send me an PM. I will respond with the same boilerplate replay to all on the pricing offered for the group buy.

I will offer 3 options (A,B,C) as I stated below and the pricing on those options in my response. Then you can just reply with a PM to me with what option you want to go with. Of course I can change out products to what you want if you specify something different.

A) RS30, and Battery Tray, and Optimate 0.8 Amp Battery Charger/Maintainer
B) RS-30 Battery, and Battery Tray
C) RS-30 alone

Some facts about the Group Buy.
1- I am still waiting on the final trays... yes they are in production and toward the end of it... but I am just getting a first Shipment date from the Machinest to me of May 12th for the UN-ANODIZED Models... the Anodized Colors will be a week later. Please keep in mind they are SHIPPED to me on May 12... I assume 5-7 day after that I will have them in hand and be shipping them out. I DON"T control the shipping or final fabrication dates on the tray. Yes I am pulling my hair out to get these but as you can see from the pics below they are going forward...

2- The Optimate Charger we sell does NOT come with a Cigarette lighter plug in like the CTEK for the Porsche Battery (thought they do offer one) ...The Optimate Charger come with Clamps AND a SAE charging pig tail in the kit. And you can run the pigtail right from the battery and easily hook the charger up at the base of the windshield without having to go into the car (how I prefer)... I will try to post a pic later on what I'm talking about. Also note, there are two model of Optimate a .8amp model or a more expensive 5 Amp model. .8A is fine and you should really not have to use it much if ever unless you have something that creates a high parasitic draw and you don't drive the car often.

3-There will be anodized colors of the trays... Black, Blue, Red, those are coming approximately a WEEK later than the raw aluminum trays due to the time to do the anodizing process.

4- Once I have the trays I will keep the Group Buy open for 3 weeks to a month to make sure nobody missed it.

If you have any questions or I missed something let me know.

Regards,

scott-

Old 05-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Shane O'Neill
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Afternoon,
Will this be available to members in the UK.
Thanks Shane
Old 05-10-2018, 12:46 PM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

+1 !

Originally Posted by drdonger
Thanks! PM sent. Does the antigravity battery need a specific battery maintainer or does the Porsche CTEK one work fine?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by drdonger
You would need a lithium maintainer or charger due to the fact that a Lead/Acid Maintainer cycles a Lithium Battery excessively because it is designed for lead/acid which has a much higher "self-discharge" than a Lithium batteries do. So they keep trying to top off a Lithium Battery and Lithium does not like that. I have posted a much more in-depth statement on this somewhere else earlier in the tread if you want to search for it... I just can't remember where.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

You would need a lithium maintainer or charger due to the fact that a Lead/Acid Maintainer cycles a Lithium Battery excessively because it is designed for lead/acid which has a much higher "self-discharge" than a Lithium batteries do. So they keep trying to top off a Lithium Battery and Lithium does not like that. I have posted a much more in-depth statement on this somewhere else earlier in the tread if you want to search for it... I just can't remember where.
PM sent...
Old 05-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shane O'Neill
Good Afternoon,
Will this be available to members in the UK.
Thanks Shane
Hey Shane, I can make the offer but the shipping to the UK is off the charts... I think it like $350 to the UK. We just shipped to a Customer there for an R8. Sorry but I can only charge what shipping costs are.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:43 PM
WKD2WIN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996tt

All in for just the battery for my 996tt.

-Vic
Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

PM sent

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???