Is the GT3 better than a Ferrari F12?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by .dee
hahah so true, the one with the Bentayga still has a husband that pays for it

after 3 big RR's i have bought my wife the Bentayga, to me it is better than the RR at everything for what we use it for (school run / shopping / weekends away) other than the seating position, personally i like the higher feel of the RR.

the fact that you dont see 5 of them in the same car park daily helps justify the premium.
Seating position takes a bit to get used to it's a wide car - but 600 hp 664 torque is insanity.

Had a bunch of RR's when they were less common - daughters sport engine blew 20k miles one month outside of warranty - bad temp sensor known problem RR paid for a new engine ... sort of

Bentayga as you said if you are going to spend that kind of money get something special that feels custom hand build fast and well engineered.

Calexio - Shanequa had me laughing.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:25 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Owned and swore never to own again after our last ownership experience, multiple RR's.. Tata is working out the kinks and still investing in upgrading electronics, drive train, etc. but the flagship Supercharged is not on the same level as the P Turbo S I owned. Lamborghini (VW Group) will attract many new customers with the launch and introduction of the Urus. Cannot wait to drive one..
Old 04-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Yes - went to the Urus event got some great info on the JOTA which is why I attended.

The wife who has owned Expedition after Expedition liked the Urus - as I was in a great mood learning about the JOTA planning a trip to spec the wife and I asked the owner / friend to see the Bentayga.

After 30 minutes we had one spec'd out - next day they found one close and it was delivered a week later. Owned the G in matte sold it for what I paid after a year - loved that beast.

G is the goofiest thing ever produced and Urus slightly less goofy my dealer sold 20 the wait is going to be long - best one IMO is the SVR Range Rover Sport at 125k.

The big RR's approaching 225k and the limited 300k+ would rather have the Bentley fit and finish power handling speed and being only a year old you won't see 5 on the way to dinner.
SVR all day, the best SUV I have ever owned. I'd choose it over a G wagon, even the new one.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chicago Mike
SVR all day, the best SUV I have ever owned. I'd choose it over a G wagon, even the new one.
Unfortunately, they screwed me over on my new 2018 one though. So much so I decided to keep my 2016 SVR and I'm thinking about buying a new E63 wagon instead.

Long story short, was promised the car in January and due to their "delay" it didn't arrive until 2 days ago. Instead of offering some sort of compensation the deal turned out to be worse than I expected. Their loss I guess.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:09 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Mike
My SVR has been interesting. The digital dash keeps flashing on and off randomly and won’t come back until you restart the car. Air suspension deflates for no reason when under 30 degrees. I can’t fill my tank with gas to full. They couldn’t get my TPMS fixed and had to send a tech from hq which took a month which involved replacing all TPMS and the controller. I’m seriously considering dumping mine. The camera resolution is god awful.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:17 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Bentayga is common where I live, but not as common as the Range Rover. Which is a good thing for the Range Rover as blending in is more important. However, I think the Bentayga is better than the Urus.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:46 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
The Bentayga is common where I live, but not as common as the Range Rover. Which is a good thing for the Range Rover as blending in is more important. However, I think the Bentayga is better than the Urus.
3000 Bentayga's world wide in it's second year keep in mind at the beginning the B was sold out - can't be that common but if blending is important to you - then we have to agree to disagree.

URUS is a lot like the G wagon makes no sense but that's the best part - doubt many women would choose the Lamborghini over Bentley with options like the mulliner package.

Anyway - if anyone wants my FF 160's 419 msrp 5500 miles now that the wife has a nice ride - time to get the F12 let me know.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:27 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Common?You must live in a very upscale community.

J
Old 04-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Common?You must live in a very upscale community.

J
No, not the community. Everywhere I go I see Bentaygas. At least two at school, one at a restaurant, another driving to school, and many at the dealership. I see more Bentaygas than probably all other Bentleys combined.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
3000 Bentayga's world wide in it's second year keep in mind at the beginning the B was sold out - can't be that common but if blending is important to you - then we have to agree to disagree.

URUS is a lot like the G wagon makes no sense but that's the best part - doubt many women would choose the Lamborghini over Bentley with options like the mulliner package.

Anyway - if anyone wants my FF 160's 419 msrp 5500 miles now that the wife has a nice ride - time to get the F12 let me know.
2000+ Bentaygas in US and 200+ Bentaygas in Canada and counting. Pretty popular car. Just look at women driving Continental GT vs. Huracan. What year is your FF and what's the spec? F12 lots of fun. I have to see the Urus in person to make a firm decision.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:29 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts
Default How would you know

I am trying to understand your statement. I personally am not a huge Lamborghini fan though I do not deny their beauty and performance, but from what I know the Urus is not in dealerships and so commenting the Bentayga is better seems a bit of a stretch. Recommend you/we/I drive it and leave a more educated response..
Old 04-15-2018, 11:36 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor
I like Range Rovers. I've owned a couple. Very capable yet smooth as silk on the HWY... The G is a military vehicle with couches inside. There's nothing wrong with the standard G550, just like there's nothing wrong with the Standard Carrera VS the GT3...But very much like the P cars, they are completely different driving experiences. There is something that is obnoxiously beautiful about flooring a 6K lb military frame on body truck and getting pushed back into your seats and hearing the roar of the exhaust. If you drive the two back to back there is no comparison.

Also something to consider. If ever in a serious accident, there's probably no other car on the road I'd rather be in.
While I would agree that the G-Wagon has some serious off-road capabilities and a torque heavy engine, just climbing into one and experiencing the same interior as an old C-class is subpar. The much-improved new G-Class is better...but it's essentially an E-class interior. A new 2018 Range Rover is just a nicer all-around vehicle; especially being all aluminum etc.

I can hold my head up high and say that the Bentayga is the ugliest SUV on the planet. I'd rather have a new Cayenne Turbo S than that thing. The rear wheel arches look like an old Cayenne S from 2004.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by F1tifosi
from what I know the Urus is not in dealerships
They are still doing introduction events around the world, the current one is in Rome at the hotel we were randomly staying at.

Most of these super SUVs seem like purpose built cash incinerators to me. I haven’t driven the new Turbo S but I found the 2016 GTS a far better driver’s car that the Turbo S, and that’s irrespective of the 60k discount. Much more responsive engine, more playful chassis, etc. Apparently I’m not the target audience...

As for the big Ferraris and the FF I get that appeal far more. I’m just glad there are buyers out there willing to take that initial depreciation hit; used they do start to look attractive.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by F1tifosi

I am trying to understand your statement. I personally am not a huge Lamborghini fan though I do not deny their beauty and performance, but from what I know the Urus is not in dealerships and so commenting the Bentayga is better seems a bit of a stretch. Recommend you/we/I drive it and leave a more educated response..
Sorry if I was unclear. I mean that the aesthetically, I prefer the Bentayga. Similarly, I prefer the Continental GT to the Huracan. However, mechanically I prefer Lamborghinis. The Urus I have seen in person at the auto show and it is at my local dealer now. I am not a Lamborghini guy as they are a bit too shouty for my taste, except for the Miura and 350/400 GT.

Quick Reply: Is the GT3 better than a Ferrari F12?