PM sent as well
Old 04-12-2018, 09:59 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by sansan
PM sent as well
Thanks

Going to call CXC and see what they think it's worth.

My membership expired and inbox was full.

Deleted all my messages and it's still full - will renew membership later today.

Sorry guys - my mistake.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 04-12-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:34 AM
sansan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Thanks

Deleted all my messages and it's still full - will renew membership later today.

Sorry guys - my mistake.
Since your PM isn’t working, feel free to email me direct at alec@pmcdetroit.com

Old 04-13-2018, 09:26 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks

Sorry guys - my mistake.

I have a buddy that may be interested in buying your sim, if its still for sale could you please email me direct at bjkarle@yahoo.com

Bryan
Old 04-15-2018, 06:06 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
Thanks

Sorry guys - my mistake.

I have a buddy that may be interested in buying your sim, if its still for sale could you please email me direct at bjkarle@yahoo.com

Bryan
PM's are working - sorry guys.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
XBox with Forza, RSeat and Fanatec wheel and pedals. About 3K for whole setup, works great.
Bumping this thread. I'm thinking of doing a simple set up, Playseat, Fanatec Forza bundle, Xbox, etc. Will only have room to do a single screen and started looking at various monitors, but my head is spinning. Anyone have a good recommendation for a 34-35 inch monitor? There is a highly rated curved 34” LG that I’m leaning towards.

Last edited by Archimedes; 05-22-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:17 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Bumping this thread. I'm thinking of doing a simple set up, Playseat, Fanatec Forza bundle, Xbox, etc. Will only have room to do a single screen and started looking at various monitors, but my head is spinning. Anyone have a good recommendation for a 34-35 inch monitor? There is a highly rated curved 34” LG that I’m leaning towards.
Ive got a seat, wheel, pedal setup for PS4 with Asetto Corsa. Really enjoy it and just run it on my 80" screen. When Im done playing the seat and pedals are on castors and I just roll it away into a closet. I like not having to keep it out in view all the time and it is quite easy to move and I dont need an extra screen hooked up. You might consider that option.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:34 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I have Simxperience stage 4 with accuforce steering, ricmotech tilton pedals,Oculus goggles and Asseto Corsa software. I built the PC. The goggles are much better than a monitor(s) IMO, however you can be susceptible to motion sickness initially.. Once you get used to the goggles it's the only way to go. All in it's around $10-12k, it's about as close as you can get to real racing.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:37 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

You cannot compare an Xbox (Forza) or PS4 (GT, Assetto, Project Cars) to iRacing on a proper rig.

If I were given a point system from 1 to 10, where 10 is reality, and 1 is Arcade game like nothing close to reality, Forza gets a 4 assuming a Fanatec wheel and a nice $1200 seat (a $3k setup). PS4 gets a 5 with GT Sport, the T500RS wheel and pedals, and a nice seat (another $3,000 setup), and iRacing gets anywhere from 7-10, depending on the rig, seats, hydraulics, shocks, etc. The CXC rig on the posts above is a 10 on iRacing.

I met a teenager that all he had played for the last few years is iRacing. He's got his DL, started autocrossing, from the get go he was Top-5 or Top-10 at events with 100+ drivers. I know from many other drivers that have sharpened their skills with iRacing.

Lots of Professional drivers are on iRacing. Car maintenance and car repairs costs in iRacing are low enough to pay for the Rig and the game over time, especially if tracking Porsches.

My Lap times at Laguna Seca in iRacing are on par with what I have driven there in similar cars. It truly is as real as it gets, and it is a product on continuous development.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:08 PM
rsierra
Banned

Originally Posted by A/S
You cannot compare an Xbox (Forza) or PS4 (GT, Assetto, Project Cars) to iRacing on a proper rig.

If I were given a point system from 1 to 10, where 10 is reality, and 1 is Arcade game like nothing close to reality, Forza gets a 4 assuming a Fanatec wheel and a nice $1200 seat (a $3k setup). PS4 gets a 5 with GT Sport, the T500RS wheel and pedals, and a nice seat (another $3,000 setup), and iRacing gets anywhere from 7-10, depending on the rig, seats, hydraulics, shocks, etc. The CXC rig on the posts above is a 10 on iRacing.

I met a teenager that all he had played for the last few years is iRacing. He's got his DL, started autocrossing, from the get go he was Top-5 or Top-10 at events with 100+ drivers. I know from many other drivers that have sharpened their skills with iRacing.

Lots of Professional drivers are on iRacing. Car maintenance and car repairs costs in iRacing are low enough to pay for the Rig and the game over time, especially if tracking Porsches.

My Lap times at Laguna Seca in iRacing are on par with what I have driven there in similar cars. It truly is as real as it gets, and it is a product on continuous development.
Have you tried Asseto on a "proper" rig? I haven't tried iRacing on my rig, is it that much better than assetto? If it is, I have to give it a try.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:14 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I can chime in here.

Firstly, hands down, VR goggles are a gazillion times better than ANY multi-screen or curved screen setups. They are the biggest single advance in driving simulators that I can remember. Being able to look through corners freely, at a different angle than the chassis makes it so realistic. And if you are learning tracks you can freely look around for reference points. They are also many times cheaper. I run the Oculus because I think it works with a few more apps, but the Vive apparently has slightly better resolution. The resolution of VR at the present time is not as good as on monitors, but the immersion makes up for it many times over.

Secondly, I personally recommend the Logitech wheels. I personally find them more realistic than the Fanatec ones although most people disagree.

Lastly, iRacing is the go-to simulator these days. Forget about the others. I personally use it in conjunction with Project Cars 2 which is nice if you just want some nicer graphics and different cars when you're learning a track. I'm learning Spa on it as we speak. Also, their Formula Renault is uncannily realistic when using it in VR. You really feel all the mechanical anger in the machine.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-26-2018, 03:14 PM
rsierra
Banned

Thanks, I'll give iRacing a try.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:16 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Another upvote for the oculus/ VR giggle set up. Recently they let me use them in asseto corsa at the PEC. the only challenge with the goggles is that you do not see any adjustments that your hands are doing (for f1 type wheels with multi adjusts)
Old 05-26-2018, 10:12 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
I have Simxperience stage 4 with accuforce steering, ricmotech tilton pedals,Oculus goggles and Asseto Corsa software. I built the PC. The goggles are much better than a monitor(s) IMO, however you can be susceptible to motion sickness initially.. Once you get used to the goggles it's the only way to go. All in it's around $10-12k, it's about as close as you can get to real racing.
I have post concussion syndrome and get motion sick really easy, so the goggles are out for me. Is IRacing a PC app only or are there versions that run on the game systems?
Old 05-26-2018, 11:02 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I have post concussion syndrome and get motion sick really easy, so the goggles are out for me. Is IRacing a PC app only or are there versions that run on the game systems?
Pc only

Quick Reply: Track Simulator