NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread

Old 06-15-2019, 01:15 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by REP1KRR
Maybe it's PTS "Greenwich"? 😁
Turns out it is black metallic. I am losing my touch on these.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:42 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

No worries mate,
You just haven't been outside and seen blue sky reflect off one recently
Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 769 Likes on 402 Posts

Given the winged MT GT3 can be had for 20k or so less than similar spec touring, would you guys pick touring again? If so interested to learn more details. Me personally like touring's stealth look but don't think that alone worth the premium, and part of me still want a winged car as it's gonna be my first gt3 and that's how gt3 should've been to me for a long long time. Appreciate you inputs.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:13 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
Given the winged MT GT3 can be had for 20k or so less than similar spec touring, would you guys pick touring again? If so interested to learn more details. Me personally like touring's stealth look but don't think that alone worth the premium, and part of me still want a winged car as it's gonna be my first gt3 and that's how gt3 should've been to me for a long long time. Appreciate you inputs.
I'd be surprised if anyone here would trade their GT3 touring for a winged, or pick winged over touring if they had a do-over.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:28 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
I'd be surprised if anyone here would trade their GT3 touring for a winged, or pick winged over touring if they had a do-over.
Would I trade my club sport package manual winged GT3 for a touring? No. Did the dealer have a touring at the same time that I could have picked up? Yes. Would I change my mind if I had a do over? No. Have I had plenty of seat time and a touring? Yes. Both great cars, but I guess there's one guy out there that would take a manual three winged over a touring. I bet there's maybe even two of us?

I realize my club sport comparison probably isn't exactly what the OP is referring to. However, to suggest that no one would want a winged GT3 over a touring is laughable.

Somehow, I think the touring crowd on Rennlist took the title from the R crowd as the most annoyingly biased and over-zealous owner's group. It's like an entire army of Waxers. Waxer, no offense, I actually like your posts and am entertained by them. Usually, u just state the facts; just early and often
Old 06-15-2019, 10:29 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Would I trade my club sport package manual winged GT3 for a touring? No. Did the dealer have a touring at the same time that I could have picked up? Yes. Would I change my mind if I had a do over? No. Have I had plenty of seat time and a touring? Yes. Both great cars, but I guess there's one guy out there that would take a manual three winged over a touring. I bet there's maybe even two of us?

I realize my club sport comparison probably isn't exactly what the OP is referring to. However, to suggest that no one would want a winged GT3 over a touring is laughable.

Somehow, I think the touring crowd on Rennlist took the title from the R crowd as the most annoyingly biased and over-zealous owner's group. It's like an entire army of Waxers. Waxer, no offense, I actually like your posts and am entertained by them. Usually, u just state the facts; just early and often
Defensive much? I didn't suggest that no one would take a winged GT3 over a GT3 touring, or anything of the sort. Maybe work on your reading comprehension, or just take a Xanax and relax.
The following users liked this post:
Manoverpdk (06-20-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Ok, on a second read, I admit that I can interpret your comments to not include all gt3 owners. So, Forenn, I fully deserve the “reading comprehension” reply.

My comments about the RL touring crowd stand. And that opinion has only been reinforced by the last couple of touring owners I’ve run into at car events: “No, it’s less a gt3 w/out a wing and more an R with a better engine; it’s the greatest 911 porsche has ever built”.........over and over again.

In fairness, I personally know a touring owner in TX that is a super cool dude. So, granted you aren’t all bad apples. But there’s a select group of you guys that I’d rather hang out with the Ferrari crowd than spend 10min listening to..........and that’s saying something! I’ve never tried Xanax, but maybe I’ll keep some handy in case i ever get trapped in an elevator with one (of the bad touring apples).
Old 06-15-2019, 12:37 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Ok, on a second read, I admit that I can interpret your comments to not include all gt3 owners. So, Forenn, I fully deserve the “reading comprehension” reply.

My comments about the RL touring crowd stand. And that opinion has only been reinforced by the last couple of touring owners I’ve run into at car events: “No, it’s less a gt3 w/out a wing and more an R with a better engine; it’s the greatest 911 porsche has ever built”.........over and over again.

In fairness, I personally know a touring owner in TX that is a super cool dude. So, granted you aren’t all bad apples. But there’s a select group of you guys that I’d rather hang out with the Ferrari crowd than spend 10min listening to..........and that’s saying something! I’ve never tried Xanax, but maybe I’ll keep some handy in case i ever get trapped in an elevator with one (of the bad touring apples).
there are good and bad (or annoying) owners in every car group. when i get annoyed by certain members, i just put them on my ignore list. and when i get annoyed by certain threads, such as the value threads, i just stop following/reading them. easy peasy.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by 964993
Guys, as much as we appreciate the valuable contribution of the sound deafening projects, I think that deserves a thread of its own.

This one should live and go on for, albeit not necessarily new delivery miles cars of which there are no more, ads for low mileage Touring cars.

What do you guys think of this great spec below... too high still on the ADM?

https://www.hennessyporsche.com/inve...ac2a91ks149447

cheers!
good spec and high MSRP build, but looks good. ADM 10k with extended warranty not bad ADM closer to 6k to 7k.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
good spec and high MSRP build, but looks good. ADM 10k with extended warranty not bad ADM closer to 6k to 7k.
It’s a 2019, not many of those. Even fewer with a CPO. Having dealt with Hennessey, I doubt they will come down but always worth a try. My bet is this car is gone soon.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Nope car will not last there at all with that spec, and CPO.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:03 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 769 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
And what makes you think that is I'd like to hear. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2019, 04:32 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Beverley Hills. Found on Samuels gram. No affiliation. Has stripes and some cool grill badges

Sofas GT Silver
Old 06-17-2019, 01:10 PM
NelsonF
Pro

'

There are at least two of us! Love my winged 3 6speed and prefer it of the touring..
Old 06-17-2019, 01:16 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

I'm painting with a broad stroke but I believe Touring owners are the hardcore owners. My goal was to spec mine for a 10 year ownership duration.

Ever wonder why people don't take that $20k discount and just unbolt the wing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread