Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Touring. Seat selection

Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TBC63
Are my assumptions right? Question is on the possibility of the combinations. Will PAG make me do some other full CXX that triggers a bunch of other options?

I have spent the last week getting in and out of a friends LWB and feel more comfy with the in/out effort (wife might feel different but this won't be a DD)

Tipping point for me could be getting a NO to the CXX on the sofas.

$2,640 18 way
$2,020 w/Leather Seat Back with Deviated Stitch (already doing GT Silver deviated everywhere else)
$3,200 (assumption) for CXX Houndstooth / Pepita if possible
$7,660 TOTAL
VS.
$5200 LWB
$3200 For CXX Inserts in HT / Pepita
$8,400 TOTAL
I was recently ordering a GT3 T before the GM at my dealer called and offered me an RS allocation. Florian at Exclusive told me that the standard insert which runs 3k was not available to due to capacity and the only way to get it was to do the full seat customization which runs 8k. Fortunately the Rs made the decision null. So make sure you get confirmation.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Except some people find the buckets more supportive and thus more comfortable than the sofas. For me, the buckets are the best car seat I've ever owned. I'd get hot spots and aches in all three variants of the sofas I've owned, but I get none in the buckets. I can go hours in them with no aches, and I'm a surgically repaired mess. I couldn't do 90 minutes in the sofas without needing to stop and de-ache my back and hip. The buckets are a god send. Even my wife now likes them better than the sofas that were in my Carrera. She'd prefer more lean, but she agrees that they're very comfortable and super supportive.

The assumption that people make that the LWBs are less comfortable than the sofas is simply false.
Hey, Archie!... when is your GTSilver Touring coming in?!... oh, yes... I like the LWBs in my Spyder a lot; really supportive and tres chic! The 4-way ss+ in my Touring are also terrific and were a must for me (I utilize the rear stowage area for soft luggage & golf clubs). I find the thigh/hip bolster support better in the LWBs, and the bolsters on the torso about the same.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Touring!

Cheers,

Claudio
Old 04-19-2018, 12:25 AM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
At 5'10, 185 lbs and fit, the lightweight buckets are more comfortable for me in my mid-30's than the sofas I had in my 2013 911 - period. My girlfriend shares the same opinion and nobody that I've taken for a trip has commented on the seats being uncomfortable. Everyone (okay only 4 people) has commented on how incredible the seat looked without being prompted. Since I don't ever see myself taking this car on a trip with more than a carry-on suitcase or a backpack, I didn't pick the folding buckets simply because the '918' style buckets look better to me. There aren't many parts in our 911's that were developed for a million dollar supercar. If you'd rather have the sofa seats that sell for a couple grand used on eBay and are commonly equipped on base model 718's then go ahead. I saw a black 2018 GT3 yesterday at my PPF shop and couldn't believe how spectacularly cheap the interior looked next to mine because of skipping a few thousand bucks in options on a 200k car.

The only problem I have with the buckets is it's basically impossible to get in without rubbing the bolster to some extent. After seeing the demonstration car at the Frankfurt show and noting how worn the bolsters were after only a couple days of use I invested in a pair of bolster covers.

If you're a bigger guy or you need access to the rear storage area then of course YMMV.

The 918-style lwb seat is the centerpiece of the interior. If you want your car to look like it cost what you paid for it then spec them.
destaccado

congrats on getting your .2 GT3. Did you post pics somewhere. I may have missed them.

NM. Found the thread. Congrats.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Is painting the seat backs of the sofas still a CXX option? Can’t stand the grey plastic, and am not a fan of leather.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3 Touring. Seat selection