Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where In The World is Sam Pelligrino?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

^Funny I was just watching Mishas video when you posted this.
This car has soon been more on YouTube then on the roads.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:50 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Haha thanks Grant I think it was you who mentioned "if [you] survive" when I was initially commenting on a driving the Ring thread to Kobalt/Dan Funny enough that was on the back of my mind as I enter ready to have my lap card scanned, Seb's coolant spill crash, and the delivery manager at Zuffenhausen sternly warning me with bold eyes to be extremely careful driving the Nordschleife lol...trying to humble myself into not doing anything stupid

Goal was to stay on the track and keep car in one piece so happy I can say I did that
Sorry if my comments put a damper on your experience at all - sounds like you did great

Now, every other track that you visit in your life is going to seem boring in comparison
Old 04-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Sorry if my comments put a damper on your experience at all - sounds like you did great

Now, every other track that you visit in your life is going to seem boring in comparison
sad but true - although Spa is "close"...

I still recall my 1st Ring trip back in 2003, after 2.5 days at the BMW Intl Farhrer school they let us loose with open lapping ...

I was driving alone up the fast section between Kesselchen to Klostertal in my 996.1 CS and I thought to myself "where am I..." sadly the best answer I could come up with at the time was "somewhere on the Ring..."

I slowed down about then!

next lap I came across a yellow Peugeot 308 on its roof at the exit of Adenauer-Forst (where the video of SamP's lap was shot) on its roof, it had failed to make the right turn and had mounted the embankment off track left and rolled back down the driver out lying on the ground, and a bunch of people around him ...

"better safe than sorry"

same trip ... entering Brunnchen

p.s anyone notice anything strange about the car? - answers on a postcard pls!
Old 04-18-2018, 02:42 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
It is the corner where you where supposed to go slow: Adenauer Forst.

True, slow corner, but Wehrseifen doesn't spit you out before you even think "Slower!" so we talked a bit about AF and try to be extra careful there.
By the way Sam, I've edited the pictures I posted with the location of the photos.
Thanks Dan - if you are ever in Hawaii or LA let me know and the dinner/beers are on me my friend. Waiting for all the photos I bought to be uploaded by the photographers, excited for those

Originally Posted by Chris3963
You snuck into Misha's video on the GT3 RS record attempt at Nurburgring which I already posted in another thread related to that topic . FFWD to 14:00min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSE-MFxj1x0
Cool! Thanks for sharing that. I miss my car already...

^Funny I was just watching Mishas video when you posted this.
This car has soon been more on YouTube then on the roads.
Time to quit my day job

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Sam congrats on your successful go around the ring ,
cool history for u and car now official.
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by GrantG

Not at all! Had a good laugh when I saw your comment and was actually thinking the exact same thing myself LOL
Old 04-18-2018, 02:47 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
sad but true - although Spa is "close"...

I still recall my 1st Ring trip back in 2003, after 2.5 days at the BMW Intl Farhrer school they let us loose with open lapping ...

I was driving alone up the fast section between Kesselchen to Klostertal in my 996.1 CS and I thought to myself "where am I..." sadly the best answer I could come up with at the time was "somewhere on the Ring..."

I slowed down about then!

next lap I came across a yellow Peugeot 308 on its roof at the exit of Adenauer-Forst (where the video of SamP's lap was shot) on its roof, it had failed to make the right turn and had mounted the embankment off track left and rolled back down the driver out lying on the ground, and a bunch of people around him ...

"better safe than sorry"
same trip ... entering Brunnchen

Feel the same about my lap It's an experience I'll never forget. First time ever on a track, on the Nurburgring, in my GT3. Thankfully I wore black underwear that day...

& do my eyes deceive me or what is that badge/emblem on the hood..
Old 04-18-2018, 03:29 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on what sounds like a fantastic trip . I did ED on my 1983 Carrera Cabriolet, but only drove the Gotthard Pass on my way to the coast; no track time
Seriously thinking about ED for the new RS in Sept.
Now the long wait for the boat, but the sweet memories will make it a lot easier.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:28 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
UK plates, left hand drive?
Old 04-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
UK plates, left hand drive?
good catch, but that's not it ...

this was at a BMW event so I tried to fit in...
Old 04-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Feel the same about my lap It's an experience I'll never forget. First time ever on a track, on the Nurburgring, in my GT3. Thankfully I wore black underwear that day...

& do my eyes deceive me or what is that badge/emblem on the hood..
well spotted!!!!

It was a BMW event so I wanted to "fit in" ... the internet, a printer, and some "Sticky back" paper later ... you have the prototype of the GT3M!
Old 05-20-2018, 12:02 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

I have a couple videos I will try to post them once I land in SF after this 12 hr Lufthansa flight! The most interesting thing was hearing some pops and burbles on overrun/downshift which was interesting because my .2 C4 does that with the turbo motor/PSE and I didn't hear enough "wail" when on the throttle for that signature flat 6 sound. I could totally be off though, wouldn't be the first time.

Oh and I bought all the Ring photos I could find with me and the car, gladly supporting those guys as they do an awesome service. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction Dan. Had no idea I'd be lucky enough to be able document my first Ring lap. Laughing looking at them, some I am smiling ear to ear and some I am so focused/concentrated puckering everything up...
Great stuff - posting any?

Quick Reply: Where In The World is Sam Pelligrino?