Where In The World is Sam Pelligrino?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hahaha
She's 3 days old, filthy with no PPF yet, already hit over 140 MPH, and already over 1200 KM on the odometer
Mind the break in rpms!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:18 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Just catching up here.

Congrats and enjoy!!. Car looks great and so does the scenery.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Gorgeous Sam. I look forward to seeing your silver beauty in person later this year.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:12 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats Sam. Car looks perfect. Enjoy those superb European countrysides. That's what life's all about.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:15 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Awesome! I noticed your ED plate is from Stuttgart. They must have just opened up Zuffenhausen for ED pick up. It's been closed for about 18 months for Mission E expansion. I also noticed that they are now placing (looks like taping) the front plate in the center instead of using the tow hook. Makes for much better pics.

When you get back, post your trip report in the ED forum. Many of us would love to read it.

Enjoy your trip of a lifetime.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:48 AM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats Sam! Keep sending pics.

The road from Eze that winds down to Eze Sur Mer is epic. Plenty of parking and a sleepy little beach town where you can lunch. (Maybe run into Bono his home is right there)
PS I love the photo of your silver GT3 filling up at the petrol station with the mountains in the background.

Enjoy your trip.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:29 PM
rpetty3
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Soak up the memories.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:13 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

No update today ... where is our hero today ?
Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
No update today ... where is our hero today ?
Thanks again fellas for the nice words and compliments, seriously all I can say is wow what a trip and what a car. So far knock on wood my itinerary has been nothing short of brilliant and same goes for the GT3

Perimeter I am not letting you twist my arm again LOL, trip will be winding down and done April 17 I will write up an epic recap to this epic trip and let you guys come along for the ride, I think we will all enjoy that vs the next ADM or allocation thread (once i settle back into work) and I also am learning some very helpful tips that should be useful for anyone considering doing euro delivery (if on the fence as everyone else says, DO IT)

I will say car is 7 days old and already 1600 miles

Right now I am en route to Como (Tremezzo from Florence), we had our first little issue of the trip which has otherwise been flawless and I cannot complain, been the best trip of my life so far. This morning when starting the car, PCM system just completely dead and **** the bed. All other components of the car is working great, AC, TFT display in cluster, voltage showing between 13-14.8v, but no PCM. No radio/Navi, etc screen won't turn on at all. Checked fuse box everything in ok. Turned car off waited 5 min no dice, won't come on.

My guess is that the insanely hellish roads of Florence, and I mean hellish, must have knocked something loose in the car and disconnected power somehow to specifically the PCM. Seriously the worst roads I've ever driven on and had to carry some speed into bumps due to some drivers tailing me there.

All good though, I am going to Porsche Center in Milan to hopefully diagnose this issue quickly before Como otherwise will wait until I return to Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen for the final 4 days and hopefully it can get resolved by the delivery center there (if they can't fix it WTF lol)

Old 04-10-2018, 08:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Enjoy the ride.
im sure you tried but have you turned off the car and locked it?

might need a couple of those.
if you do go to Zuffenhausen they will hand over another car, so not much more then a pit stop worst case. They will do the same in Milan but Italy..

better break it all there and have the factory fix it :-)
ask me how I know ;-)

Old 04-10-2018, 02:09 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Please let us know the fix and where it was fix as well!
otherwise, enjoy while you are there, any not wait for us to go do ED in August!
Old 04-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Did you try a Master reset?

Don't forget to make it to Sienna!

Firenze ...ahhhh the bread there is so perfect@

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Thanks again fellas for the nice words and compliments, seriously all I can say is wow what a trip and what a car. So far knock on wood my itinerary has been nothing short of brilliant and same goes for the GT3

Perimeter I am not letting you twist my arm again LOL, trip will be winding down and done April 17 I will write up an epic recap to this epic trip and let you guys come along for the ride, I think we will all enjoy that vs the next ADM or allocation thread (once i settle back into work) and I also am learning some very helpful tips that should be useful for anyone considering doing euro delivery (if on the fence as everyone else says, DO IT)

I will say car is 7 days old and already 1600 miles

Right now I am en route to Como (Tremezzo from Florence), we had our first little issue of the trip which has otherwise been flawless and I cannot complain, been the best trip of my life so far. This morning when starting the car, PCM system just completely dead and **** the bed. All other components of the car is working great, AC, TFT display in cluster, voltage showing between 13-14.8v, but no PCM. No radio/Navi, etc screen won't turn on at all. Checked fuse box everything in ok. Turned car off waited 5 min no dice, won't come on.

My guess is that the insanely hellish roads of Florence, and I mean hellish, must have knocked something loose in the car and disconnected power somehow to specifically the PCM. Seriously the worst roads I've ever driven on and had to carry some speed into bumps due to some drivers tailing me there.

All good though, I am going to Porsche Center in Milan to hopefully diagnose this issue quickly before Como otherwise will wait until I return to Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen for the final 4 days and hopefully it can get resolved by the delivery center there (if they can't fix it WTF lol)

Old 04-14-2018, 11:32 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

So the PCM issue was interesting (was completely dead while all other systems perfect)

Took it to Porsche Center Milan and they told me they can't help me after trying system reset

Took it to Porsche Center Zurich and they check it, system shows cable decoupled or power issue not reaching the PCM, but they are busy and cannot help me

Getting fed up I call delivery center to help me, they tell me to come to Zuffenhausen if I can

Go to the dealership in Zuffenhausen and they are confused as hell why I'm there (lol), call again and delivery center wants the car specifically at the center site

Get in the car from Zuffenhausen dealership across the street to take car to delivery center.... the PCM f*^%#%^ reboots and turns on and I see this because I have my beautiful backup camera again... WTF lol

So no PCM at all for 4 days then poof its back online and they run PIWIS and system checks and all shows good.... hmmm....

Anyways... back in Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart for the final 4 days

2100 miles on odo and counting, not bad for 11 days old

I might actually hit 3000 miles by the end of the trip depending on if I go to Nuremberg (for some WW2 history stuff) or Munich (no idea why but to check out the city) as well as the Ring on Monday. I don't know yet if I'll drive it because this car is scary to drive fast (what I learned today under WOT > 5K RPM) and I'm afraid I'll get carried away/hard to drive slow. Also don't know about weather/wet conditions. Traumatized with the Dunlop tires in 34 degree weather and snow all over the ground and piling on my car through the Swiss alps (maybe one of the scariest experience of my life). But I'll go to Ring for sure for pictures and watch the track from a corner, try to get that steak on a rock thing.

Today did Black Forest drives and for a second thought Jesus took the wheel. My eyes were "sweating" a bit and I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. Moments of pure happiness. Ok Ok maybe I teared up a little bit with how perfect the roads/scenery/car was, too good to be true... *sniff* Roads I could eat dinner off of, better than Angeles Crest and Skyline put together..

Pics will come in the recap thread but I'll leave some teasers here..

Name:  photo673.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  636.9 KBName:  photo320.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  613.0 KBName:  photo288.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  639.3 KBName:  photo937.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  285.5 KB

This car is like a drug, I just want to keep driving... feel like an addict at this point... Mooty was right coke would have been cheaper but my God what a weapon

Name:  photo276.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  1.35 MB

Also the windshield has a bad crack in it so it will need to be replaced on arrival at CJ's dealership lol, a rock decided to acquaint itself with the windshield on an unrestricted part of the autobahn going north of 220km/hr. Like they say "smoke if you got em", if you own this car... drive it...

Edit - ignore clock and times in last TFT pic, my time has not been syncing since delivery day. No idea why and tried everything short of manually setting it rather than auto sync which I don't want to do but once it gets re-PDI'd in the US hopefully it will get sorted.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:51 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

such adventure , thanks for sharing here with mere mortals not best for P there to replace windscreen or not there department ?
Old 04-14-2018, 11:56 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
such adventure , thanks for sharing here with mere mortals not best for P there to replace windscreen or not there department ?
I'll extrapolate on this later but basically my experience with Porsche Euro Delivery team here in Zuffenhausen *post* delivery key word *post* has not been great. It kind of makes sense I guess that it's not like they can stop the factory to get a technician to help, but they own the dealership across the street so you'd think they would make it completely available to current ED customers in case of problems. Instead they want you to go through a third-party roadside assistance company which is s^%# in my opinion or wait to have issues fixed with your dealer back in US

Not complaining though and very thankful my issues have been relatively minor/not getting in the way of enjoying this truly amazing trip

Quick Reply: Where In The World is Sam Pelligrino?