Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Allocation Confirmed – My First GT3!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 11:38 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

If you're on a budget, why pay $690 for Satin Platinum? This is about the 7th or 8th car to come with that design and color, I'm sure you could swap your new Aurum wheels + $1k to $2k in cash for someone's .1 RS Platinum wheels. Saves you $2k to $3k net, plenty of Satin Platinum wheels around now. Aurum is new and unique to the .2 3RS.

Would kill chrono, auto dimming mirrors, illuminating sills if I wanted to save some money.

Would also skip white as well, go with Lizard Green on the other saved options.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:56 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

Congrats!!!!

Glad to hear your persistence paid off and in a huge way. Spec looks killer, really like it. I will say though that even if you pick the most conservative spec, trust me your car will stand out and in a big way so if you like a brighter or more unique color, I would just go for it. Don't let your fear of attracting attention push you away from a color because the car will gather attention regardless. I went with a conservative .2 GT3 spec and it still gathers a lot of attention, and funny enough I saw a nearly identical spec .2 3RS to yours in Zuffenhausen yesterday parked and it had a crowd around it (white with black LED but had black wheels instead of your plat)
Old 04-04-2018, 12:38 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also going back and forth on whether to use Lizard given it's an exclusive (for now) 3RS color, either as exterior or at least interior, but hard to do so without seeing one in the flesh. My build locks 7/20 with delivery ETA 10/26, so I have some time.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:02 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Green for the win
Old 04-04-2018, 10:09 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
I'm also going back and forth on whether to use Lizard given it's an exclusive (for now) 3RS color, either as exterior or at least interior, but hard to do so without seeing one in the flesh. My build locks 7/20 with delivery ETA 10/26, so I have some time.
Yes to Green both outside and inside, I wouldn't do inside only though
Old 04-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
If you're on a budget, why pay $690 for Satin Platinum? This is about the 7th or 8th car to come with that design and color, I'm sure you could swap your new Aurum wheels + $1k to $2k in cash for someone's .1 RS Platinum wheels. Saves you $2k to $3k net, plenty of Satin Platinum wheels around now. Aurum is new and unique to the .2 3RS.

Would kill chrono, auto dimming mirrors, illuminating sills if I wanted to save some money.

Would also skip white as well, go with Lizard Green on the other saved options.
thanks for the comments/suggestions. interesting thoughts. even though Satin Platinum has been done a lot with this wheel, it's still my favorite on most colors. I like the Aurum, but I'd get tired of it. The other options are small $ items that don't move the needle. The only option I really want but am leaving off for cost reasons is the CCB's.

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Congrats!!!!

Glad to hear your persistence paid off and in a huge way. Spec looks killer, really like it. I will say though that even if you pick the most conservative spec, trust me your car will stand out and in a big way so if you like a brighter or more unique color, I would just go for it. Don't let your fear of attracting attention push you away from a color because the car will gather attention regardless. I went with a conservative .2 GT3 spec and it still gathers a lot of attention, and funny enough I saw a nearly identical spec .2 3RS to yours in Zuffenhausen yesterday parked and it had a crowd around it (white with black LED but had black wheels instead of your plat)
thanks!

Originally Posted by ajag
Originally Posted by 2006m5
Green for the win
Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Yes to Green both outside and inside, I wouldn't do inside only though
Lizard is really tempting. by far the most exciting color in the lineup, and I truly do love greens. going to be tough to ever see it in the flesh though before my build locks though (presumably sometime this summer), and it seems to change a lot based on lighting conditions, judging by the photos. prob too big of a gamble for me. maybe I'll grow the ***** to roll the dice tho
Old 04-06-2018, 06:12 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I've read through these posts and have been getting advice for others about my build as well, so I'll through in my 2 cents. I say go for it. I was looking at diff options and saying oh I don't need that and oh that's too much weight yada yada. This is a very pricey car with a very special vibe. It's also a heavy car (compared to actual race cars) So get everything you want, don't skimp out cause you will regret it when you see other people with the option. Don't think about this car rationally just enjoy the hell out of it and tick away at those boxes and relish in all the cool details. I love the alcantara seat belt covers why? I have know idea but i like and there in my car. Gold wheels? Cool for me, you like satin platinum so have at it and be damned everybody else. I've never specced painted air vents in a car before but I'm going with black this time, why? Cause I think it will look cool, sure a civic has black air vents but I don't care cause yep I'm going to have in my car cause the standard is silver......have a lot of fun and don't worry about the cost if you really want it. okay.......I got that off my chest.....I feel much better.......about myself that is...crazy how much this stuff costs
Old 04-06-2018, 06:17 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by race7117
I've read through these posts and have been getting advice for others about my build as well, so I'll through in my 2 cents. I say go for it. I was looking at diff options and saying oh I don't need that and oh that's too much weight yada yada. This is a very pricey car with a very special vibe. It's also a heavy car (compared to actual race cars) So get everything you want, don't skimp out cause you will regret it when you see other people with the option. Don't think about this car rationally just enjoy the hell out of it and tick away at those boxes and relish in all the cool details. I love the alcantara seat belt covers why? I have know idea but i like and there in my car. Gold wheels? Cool for me, you like satin platinum so have at it and be damned everybody else. I've never specced painted air vents in a car before but I'm going with black this time, why? Cause I think it will look cool, sure a civic has black air vents but I don't care cause yep I'm going to have in my car cause the standard is silver......have a lot of fun and don't worry about the cost if you really want it. okay.......I got that off my chest.....I feel much better.......about myself that is...crazy how much this stuff costs
This might be the most cathartic post I've read on RL...LOL
Old 04-07-2018, 06:55 PM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

More and more positive stories are popping up, great news and a BIG CONGRATS!!!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 75 Posts

Congrats on the allocation and build what you like!

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Allocation Confirmed – My First GT3!