Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Called a dealership where I left a deposit for .2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 02:51 PM
JD911
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 49 Posts

I, for one, will no longer join the game.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:09 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I went to my dealer in December they originally told me I would be 15 or 16 on the list but that they would take a deposit of $1,000 and call me anything changed. A few weeks later I get a call that one of their customers who had ordered a car developed a health issue and they would not be able to take the car. They would offer me to take the car at $30k over. I said no because I didn’t love the build (and the $30k over). A few weeks after that in late February I get a call saying I could have a configurable allocation for $20k over. I took it for a little less than that. I’m happy that I got one and the money is not a huge deal in the context of a $180k car, but I wish dealers were more upfront about how this works. I’m fine with the “you gotta pay to play” philosophy but be clear that that is how it works from the beginning. I still want to ask my dealer “hey what happened to the 15 or 16 people in line ahead of me?”

Then again I recognize that these guys are in the business of selling cars and telling someone they probably won’t get a car and then following up with an offer for a car at ADM is actually not a bad strategy.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:30 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
When I went to my dealer in December they originally told me I would be 15 or 16 on the list but that they would take a deposit of $1,000 and call me anything changed. A few weeks later I get a call that one of their customers who had ordered a car developed a health issue and they would not be able to take the car. They would offer me to take the car at $30k over. I said no because I didn’t love the build (and the $30k over). A few weeks after that in late February I get a call saying I could have a configurable allocation for $20k over. I took it for a little less than that. I’m happy that I got one and the money is not a huge deal in the context of a $180k car, but I wish dealers were more upfront about how this works. I’m fine with the “you gotta pay to play” philosophy but be clear that that is how it works from the beginning. I still want to ask my dealer “hey what happened to the 15 or 16 people in line ahead of me?”

Then again I recognize that these guys are in the business of selling cars and telling someone they probably won’t get a car and then following up with an offer for a car at ADM is actually not a bad strategy.
I'm glad you were able to configure your GT3 and for less than 20K this is a good "deal". Alternative would have been to keep waiting. In this scenario you would have never been able to get a configurable car at your dealership vs paying higher at a later date calling and scrambling around the US for a spec you may not 100% like. Lastly wait approx 2 years of non driving for MSRP GT3.

The key to all of this you nailed and that is the transparency or in this case non-transparency of the dealership.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:26 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JD911
I, for one, will no longer join the game.
Yep, same here. They wanna play the punk shark game, cool. For that reason, I'm out.

Quick Reply: Called a dealership where I left a deposit for .2 GT3