Sponsored by:

New Pirelli World Challenge fan

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Pirelli World Challenge fan

Went to COTA this weekend & had a fabulous time mingling with the drivers & watching the races up close from the bridges & anywhere on the track I desired. It was so cool to go out to grid 30 minutes before the race & chat with the racers just minutes before the race. And watching the cars from the bridge over T3 was exhilarating. In addition we could walk around the garages. And my girlfriend got to take lot of selfies with the racers which madr her happy. Talk about up close & personal. And all this for $100 for the weekend including parking. Compare this experience to the F1 at COTA where you all you here is "you can't go here & keep moving" , fighting all the people & no interaction & a lot more money, & most importantly no bridge views. For anyone who has not attended a smaller race venue like this, I highly recommend it. Can't wait until next year.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:37 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

That’s great to hear. I race in GTS. hope you come to more events!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:49 PM
speedtek1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I share the same experience. My wife and I flew down from Iowa to attend. We’re going next year!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:10 AM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
That’s great to hear. I race in GTS. hope you come to more events!
Which car were you driving this weekend? Hoping to catch y'all at Sonoma later this year. GL in your next event.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

I’m in the chrome green BMW. We had mechanical issues in race one which we couldn’t over come but started race 2 P2 and finished p2

Please come by and say hello next time

our next race is VIR
Old 03-27-2018, 10:38 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

I attended the World Challenge at COTA last fall. It was an amazing experience. Such incredible access to all of the cars and drivers. Not to mention you can walk around the facilities and view the race from just about anywhere. I highly recommended attending one of their events if you get the chance.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:36 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

PWC is an awesome series.

Great drivers and really nice cars. GTS has fantastic factory GT4 cars and the laps times are impressive!

Great action too.

I was glued to my laptop watching it!
Old 03-28-2018, 10:47 PM
avc2014
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 32 Posts

It was a great weekend at COTA. Very low turnout in the stands, the pits and garages were open to all. Great battles on track. Everyone should put this event on their calendar for next year.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:11 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow sounds awesome.

Are the pits and garages open at all pwc events for a reasonable price ($100 mentioned by the OP)?

If so, I would love to attend a few events in California. Had pit access at the 24H of Nurburgring and it was one of my greatest car experiences to date.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:48 AM
avc2014
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 32 Posts

I cant speak for other tracks, but at COTA almost all events other than Moto GP and Formula One it is very laid back as far as access.
Most of the time here you can sit anywhere you want and access all areas of the track including the garages and the areas where the team transporters park. Most of the teams at the PWC were happy to talk and let you get up close to the cars.
For the PWC there was only one ticket price which was Gen admission, This even allowed access to the club level seating if one desired.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:55 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

At St Pete is was more restricted as we were running with Indy Car. However every weekend I’ve taken some kids and have them sit in the race car and take pix etc

we have multiple autograph sessions too

Plus the racing is terrific. You should see some of the in car vids I have. Bonkers hahahaha
Old 03-29-2018, 03:41 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston GT3
Went to COTA this weekend & had a fabulous time mingling with the drivers & watching the races up close from the bridges & anywhere on the track I desired. It was so cool to go out to grid 30 minutes before the race & chat with the racers just minutes before the race. And watching the cars from the bridge over T3 was exhilarating. In addition we could walk around the garages. And my girlfriend got to take lot of selfies with the racers which madr her happy. Talk about up close & personal. And all this for $100 for the weekend including parking. Compare this experience to the F1 at COTA where you all you here is "you can't go here & keep moving" , fighting all the people & no interaction & a lot more money, & most importantly no bridge views. For anyone who has not attended a smaller race venue like this, I highly recommend it. Can't wait until next year.
Glad you have fun, and yes, access to the teams/cars is fantastic. I must have spoke to well over 100 fans who were walking through the pits and garages, COTA is one of the best places for that.
GMG was running 1 x GT3R, 2 x Audi R8 LMS GT4's and 1 x McLaren 570 GT4......hope to see you out there again! Cheers!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 03-29-2018, 04:48 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by avc2014
I cant speak for other tracks, but at COTA almost all events other than Moto GP and Formula One it is very laid back as far as access.
Most of the time here you can sit anywhere you want and access all areas of the track including the garages and the areas where the team transporters park. Most of the teams at the PWC were happy to talk and let you get up close to the cars.
For the PWC there was only one ticket price which was Gen admission, This even allowed access to the club level seating if one desired.

That sounds perfect. Looks like Long Beach is a bit different since its also part of IndyCar weekend...$950 to get pit access.

https://gplb.com/vip-club-packages/
Old 03-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
That sounds perfect. Looks like Long Beach is a bit different since its also part of IndyCar weekend...$950 to get pit access.

https://gplb.com/vip-club-packages/
Probably because it's a street circuit and real estate is at a premium

You can stroll through the paddock freely at basically every sports car race in north america

Quick Reply: New Pirelli World Challenge fan