Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my Touring today! :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 02:29 PM
gluinca
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations on the .2GT3. I'm still getting pushed back on my PTS.

As to one is faster; I had a brief period where I had owned two 991GT3RS both broken in the same but one always felt faster and yet both optioned pretty much the same. I even took the one in to service asking if there were any software updates? I now think some engines are just a bit better?
Old 03-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I noticed that my Touring seemed to be scratching the bottom on certain driveways even when lifted, while the non-touring cleared them while lifted, so I just went out and measured both lifted and not.

Order:
Non-Touring lowered
Touring lowered
Non-Touring raised
Touring raised

I wonder if service department can adjust the Touring to have the raised height a bit higher.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:59 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence

I noticed that my Touring seemed to be scratching the bottom on certain driveways even when lifted, while the non-touring cleared them while lifted, so I just went out and measured both lifted and not.

Order:
Non-Touring lowered
Touring lowered
Non-Touring raised
Touring raised

I wonder if service department can adjust the Touring to have the raised height a bit higher.
Very interesting. If that setup is consistent across other cars that's another case of Porsche not fully explaining specs.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:35 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Very intriguing.. Im interpreting the Touring is riding 10-12mm lower?

So we have the cosmetics but a few things coming to light such as Ride height and cabin noise that don't make sense from what was stated publically as "the only " changes.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

You are the most qualified to give us a real review comparing the two - please do so asap.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Riz
You are the most qualified to give us a real review comparing the two - please do so asap.
I have a few times above, but I can't really compare apples to apples until I have at least the pipe and battery installed, which will be in a few weeks. Otherwise, I have noted a few other things in my previous posts on this thread.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:20 PM
rey
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Both cars are striking, but that white one really is something else. Such a nice spec. Congrats.

-Rey
Old 03-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Update:

Definitely has Single Mass Flywheel clatter which I don't hear on my non-touring. Don't know why.

18 ways sit so much higher even at lowest setting, but still way more useable as a daily or even frequent driver.

Getting pipes and stripes today! . Battery already ordered.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:07 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Very intriguing.. Im interpreting the Touring is riding 10-12mm lower?

So we have the cosmetics but a few things coming to light such as Ride height and cabin noise that don't make sense from what was stated publically as "the only " changes.
Here's a recent video I came across. The driver mentions many specific differences between the Touring and winged version...tweaked ride height, adjusted spring rate, different wiring loom, noticeably louder, additional sound deading removed (he was speculating on this one).

I've never heard these differences mentioned before so I'm not sure if he's just misinformed or not.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Here's a recent video I came across. The driver mentions many specific differences between the Touring and winged version...tweaked ride height, adjusted spring rate, different wiring loom, noticeably louder, additional sound deading removed (he was speculating on this one).

I've never heard these differences mentioned before so I'm not sure if he's just misinformed or not.
Per my comments in another thread, this guy has simply made up some opinions and stated them as fact.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:25 PM
NevB
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
different wiring loom
Well, at least this part is true; the Touring includes a wiring loom to activate the rear wing which the Winged version does not have.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:44 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful cars! I didn't realize you had a winged gt3 as well. If you get a chance please take some outside sunny day photos of your touring as I am speccing mines and deciding how the silver trim looks on gt silver.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Great build, thanks for sharing

I actually fit in the LWBs exceptionally well and can spend many hours driving without discomfort.

In regards to the flywheel noise, that difference being louder in the 991.2 GT3 could be because less insulation was used?

Originally Posted by Terrence

The non-touring car definitely gives me more of a sense of occasion, having all the Alcantara and LWB. The horrendous ingress/egress and the discomfort of the seats (rides stiffer because of much less padding and pretty much no adjustments) really adds to that sense, ironically. They also look awesome. However, the touring wins when it comes to actually using the car to go to places and run errands, and that is what I intend to do with the Touring.
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Your winged .2 is MT as well re: flywheel noise? .....

Last edited by Perimeter; 04-04-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Picked up my Touring today! :)