Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   .1RS PTS OR .2RS NO PTS (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1059250-1rs-pts-or-2rs-no-pts.html)

Tombstone4478 03-23-2018 07:45 AM

.1RS PTS OR .2RS NO PTS

Its been a while since I've been active on here. I hope everyone and their families are doing well.

Just wanted to pick the brains of my peers on this one.

I got the call yesterday, RS allocation, very exciting, but im in a bit of a pickle as i was told by a few people that there will be no PTS for the new 991.2 RS. This is truly a 1st world problem at its finest. I have recently dealt with some serious crap in my life and im coming out of the worst year ever for me, 2017. So with that behind me I am trying to focus on the very few things in life that make me happy, and Porsche is one of them. This is borderline laughable compared to what i have dealt with in the real world, regardless i want some advice from this forum.

First question...............Can anyone confirm there will be no PTS? Has anyone heard anything on this?

Second...................What would you do if you were me? I have a Signal green .1RS, I love the car, its been an awesome experience (still not as awesome as my 2004 GT3) but close. I cherish every mile, especially knowing it can all go away in the blink of an eye. Do i upgrade to the .2 and lose a PTS car for a stock color? Is it worth it? I never drive this RS to its potential and do not "need" the upgraded power or tech. Would i like it? Sure! Who wouldn't. I'm not overly concerned with values as they both wont ever tank, but i do love the coolness and rareness factor of a PTS RS car as that's something not easy to come by in the Porsche world. Also, im especially in a conundrum here because my current RS is green and the new launch color is a similar green. Is that a good or bad thing? Should that make me want to change more or less? I just don't know! Honestly if i cant get PTS on the new one i don't think id select green again because id want a change.

Anyways would appreciate some outside perspectives on this. Perhaps i should not obsess about it and live in reality. I do have to make a decision soon though.

Thanks Porsche Fam!

porscheflat6 03-23-2018 07:59 AM

You have a very special car but if you are not paying an ADM on the .2GT3RS then I would change cars because I like the looks of the .2 and they are offering lots of colors for car to choose from.

disden 03-23-2018 08:02 AM

Personally, in my opinion...Your car is stunning. There have been 2 cars that always stick in my mind as most memorable: yours and the green GT3 Hammond drove on Stelvio on Top Gear. These 2 cars made me want a green PTS car. Since I’ve never been able to get PTS, I’m so excited to get a Lizard Car because of your car.

Keep it, order a new one! Don’t get rid of that stunner.

928cs 03-23-2018 08:03 AM

A friend has already ordered his PTS 991 GT3.2 RS, so there will be PTS. But you are already too late, I think.

Tombstone4478 03-23-2018 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by disden (Post 14890901)
Personally, in my opinion...Your car is stunning. There have been 2 cars that always stick in my mind as most memorable: yours and the green GT3 Hammond drove on Stelvio on Top Gear. These 2 cars made me want a green PTS car. Since I’ve never been able to get PTS, I’m so excited to get a Lizard Car because of your car.

Keep it, order a new one! Don’t get rid of that stunner.

Thanks for these kind words. I appreciate it. This makes me so happy to hear

Tombstone4478 03-23-2018 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by 928cs (Post 14890904)
A friend has already ordered his PTS 991 GT3.2 RS, so there will be PTS. But you are already too late, I think.

That was fast, if true........i was just notified yesterday! HAHA

shapiroeric 03-23-2018 08:42 AM

Adam, glad to see you're doing well....

If no RS PTS, keep the Signal Green....although as you said LG is a stock color it is NOT PTS....although relatively new to Porsche I've learned quickly that is one of the more cherished things when it comes to the marquee.....anyways, no matter what your decision you can't go wrong.....

Tombstone4478 03-23-2018 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by shapiroeric (Post 14890952)
Adam, glad to see you're doing well....

If no RS PTS, keep the Signal Green....although as you said LG is a stock color it is NOT PTS....although relatively new to Porsche I've learned quickly that is one of the more cherished things when it comes to the marquee.....anyways, no matter what your decision you can't go wrong.....

Thanks Eric, hope all is well!

Kobalt 03-23-2018 08:45 AM

Welcome back :)

Waxer 03-23-2018 08:48 AM

Welcome back AC. Tough one. Based on limited number of .2 I would lean that direction.

pitt911 03-23-2018 09:09 AM

I will tell you what I did
I already sold my .1 RS 2 months ago, and have allocation for .2 for Dec Build. My .1 was white not PTS
To me, I like to enjoy these cars headache free, so anytime I upgrade , I get full warranty, which IMO ,is a headache free ownership , and of course I don't mind the few improvements that come with it

Jimmy-D 03-23-2018 09:09 AM

Tough one and I have the following thoughts:

- Keep the .1- You have a Gem and you put a lot of thought in to her and you should continue to smile when you have the chance to enjoy her

- Add the .2 if you have the means. It may be redundant but you can decide later which one you prefer. You will never lose money and just by the chance it is the last NA RS it would not be a bad investment. I am not a Collector guy but opportunity only knocks so often.

brownan 03-23-2018 09:31 AM

Keep the green car...nice build and unless you're tracking the heck out of it, the new changes are seemingly immaterial.

Tombstone4478 03-23-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 14890958)
Welcome back :)

:typing::cool:

Tombstone4478 03-23-2018 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by brownan (Post 14891011)
Keep the green car...nice build and unless you're tracking the heck out of it, the new changes are seemingly immaterial.

I am leaning towards this. So far 11 to 4 in favor of the new one, interesting