Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Get the .2RS AC, try a blue color.
lol
Old 03-27-2018, 06:56 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
Aside from the 20 grand, you know every single thing about a dot 2 will be better than your current car. And you have the option to try a new color. This is coming from a guy with a PTS dot 1. Nobody wishes they had a dot 1 rather than a dot 2. And there are about to be a lot of green RS’s...

I agree there are about to be lots of .2's, perhaps i just get the hood ducts and call it a day (joking)
Old 03-27-2018, 08:01 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Adam glad you are back. You know how much I luv your .1 PTS. So close to taking off your hand if I did not get the GT3 allocation. I would get a .2 still even without PTS. These Cars are expensive to repair out of warranty if you really drive them regualarly as you do. I can’t wait for my GT3 to arrive so I can trade in the GT4 before the warranty runs out.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
Adam glad you are back. You know how much I luv your .1 PTS. So close to taking off your hand if I did not get the GT3 allocation. I would get a .2 still even without PTS. These Cars are expensive to repair out of warranty if you really drive them regualarly as you do. I can’t wait for my GT3 to arrive so I can trade in the GT4 before the warranty runs out.
cant wait to see your new car!
Old 03-27-2018, 10:01 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Well searching for and thinking about cars is a terrific distraction for what ails you in the real world. If it helps you forget 2017 and have positive thoughts then upgrade. Other wise I prefer the 991.1 personally

Old 03-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohead
Welcome back Adam.Hope all is well.

Keep the .1 much more limited production than planned for .2
Also your color is great !
Im keeping mine.
Best
Elliot
I love the UV with black; I miss it sometimes. Hopefully a .2 will take its slot.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:27 AM
farfromcommonGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Its been a while since I've been active on here. I hope everyone and their families are doing well.

Just wanted to pick the brains of my peers on this one.

I got the call yesterday, RS allocation, very exciting, but im in a bit of a pickle as i was told by a few people that there will be no PTS for the new 991.2 RS. This is truly a 1st world problem at its finest. I have recently dealt with some serious crap in my life and im coming out of the worst year ever for me, 2017. So with that behind me I am trying to focus on the very few things in life that make me happy, and Porsche is one of them. This is borderline laughable compared to what i have dealt with in the real world, regardless i want some advice from this forum.

First question...............Can anyone confirm there will be no PTS? Has anyone heard anything on this?

Second...................What would you do if you were me? I have a Signal green .1RS, I love the car, its been an awesome experience (still not as awesome as my 2004 GT3) but close. I cherish every mile, especially knowing it can all go away in the blink of an eye. Do i upgrade to the .2 and lose a PTS car for a stock color? Is it worth it? I never drive this RS to its potential and do not "need" the upgraded power or tech. Would i like it? Sure! Who wouldn't. I'm not overly concerned with values as they both wont ever tank, but i do love the coolness and rareness factor of a PTS RS car as that's something not easy to come by in the Porsche world. Also, im especially in a conundrum here because my current RS is green and the new launch color is a similar green. Is that a good or bad thing? Should that make me want to change more or less? I just don't know! Honestly if i cant get PTS on the new one i don't think id select green again because id want a change.

Anyways would appreciate some outside perspectives on this. Perhaps i should not obsess about it and live in reality. I do have to make a decision soon though.

Thanks Porsche Fam!
Truly a first world problem. I will tell you that the .1 is a more raw and visceral experience, I too struggled with this one, but I decided to keep my .1 and do the manthey upgrades as I believe my car, and the story behind it for me personally, outweighed the new tech and added cost for me to upgrade. Def no pts for .2, your car is so unique and you, keep it! Happy to share my thoughts and discuss further offline.

Keep the .1 and enjoy!
Attached Images   
Old 03-27-2018, 01:00 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Great looking RS ^^^

Quick Reply: .1RS PTS OR .2RS NO PTS