Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 01:12 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

I have a new set of black brackets I'd like to sell for a discount if anyone is interested. Decided not to use them .
Old 12-21-2018, 09:58 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

I just installed my set in my 991.2 GT3 RS. AWESOME! Took 5 minutes to install after the seat was out. There is no play at all since it retains the existing arms that have spacers in them.

If I had another car to do, I'd go with these over other options.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:09 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselino
I have a new set of black brackets I'd like to sell for a discount if anyone is interested. Decided not to use them .

I just had my parts anodized to match. After we installed them as shipped, they didn’t pass the peer test. My certified gold meister Porsche tech that does every single CGT on the east coat called this a half *** attempt. Luckily, his guy came through for $40 to make everything match. Next time, I will buy the silver ones and have them anodized myself. Same cost and much less hassle...
The following users liked this post:
Rgwirtz (10-27-2019)
Old 12-22-2018, 11:28 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Mine look great.. maybe they changed something.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

^^^ Did you have to take the seat fully out of the car or just lose rear bolts and take front bolt out and tilt seat to install new brackets? I dont want to have to unplug the seat and throw coeds. Had that happen on a 2012 and it was a nightmare to get the dealer to reset plus added expense at the dealer too.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:02 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
^^^ Did you have to take the seat fully out of the car or just lose rear bolts and take front bolt out and tilt seat to install new brackets? I dont want to have to unplug the seat and throw coeds. Had that happen on a 2012 and it was a nightmare to get the dealer to reset plus added expense at the dealer too.
This job would be extremely difficult if you try to keep the seat in the car.
The code you might get is easy to remove with a decent OBD scan tool. We should all have a scan tool for dealing with these rudimentary codes.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

I’ve pulled the seat many times with no codes. Just disconnect the battery first.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:08 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

I’ve pulled the seat many times with no codes. Just disconnect the battery first.
Many, including me, got a CEL even with battery disconnected. See previous posts above. Mine went away on its own after a few days. It’s easy to resolve should you get a battery related CEL.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

I started with my first bucket swap into an 09 Cayman S , 997.2 S, 11 GTS, 10 GT3, GT4 and 15 GT3. Any code cleared after a short drive. I didnt disconnect the battery. Kind of makes me wonder if there is some strange combination of options and shut down sequences.

I am installing a set of TrackSpec adapters in the current GT3 this weekend.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:38 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Is this currently the best solution on the market and I was wondering how hard it would be to install without removing the seats as well.

Originally Posted by marchitect

This job would be extremely difficult if you try to keep the seat in the car.
The code you might get is easy to remove with a decent OBD scan tool. We should all have a scan tool for dealing with these rudimentary codes.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not recommend attempting to install without removal of seat, just too awkward and tight to navigate
Old 12-22-2018, 11:40 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Raise seat a little bit. Remove Key. Pop hood. Disconnect battery (don't close hood ). Remove Seat (4 bolts and the connector). I lay a moving blanket over the door sill. Replace the brackets. Takes 5 minutes. Reinstall seat and connector. Attach battery.

I've done this many times on my GT3's (rollbars, seat adjusters, tint job) and never threw a code.

I have two sets of another brand of seat adjusters. Let's just say that I would sell the other brand for 50% of what I paid for them if someone wants them. They aren't a perfect fit for the bolts and make a tiny little click in certain conditions. There's a reason Porsche has a brass type of insert in the bracket that also appears to have some type of coating (teflon?).
Old 12-24-2018, 05:53 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

I've done this without removing the seats. The key is a little ingenuity. Also, you'll need an L shaped 8mm allen wrench, as opposed to an allen socket like many probably have in their toolbox. With the L shaped allen wrench, you barely have enough clearance to fasten the screw that's near the console. The hardest part was removing and reinstalling the screw on the side near the console. The screw near the door was a piece of cake.

I studied the installation manual for a bit before attempting the install. I didn't want to take the risk of putting any scratch on the interior while removing the seats. Have pics, can post if needed.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:07 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes please!!!

Originally Posted by SocalTouring
I've done this without removing the seats. The key is a little ingenuity. Also, you'll need an L shaped 8mm allen wrench, as opposed to an allen socket like many probably have in their toolbox. With the L shaped allen wrench, you barely have enough clearance to fasten the screw that's near the console. The hardest part was removing and reinstalling the screw on the side near the console. The screw near the door was a piece of cake.

I studied the installation manual for a bit before attempting the install. I didn't want to take the risk of putting any scratch on the interior while removing the seats. Have pics, can post if needed.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:46 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

We removed very carefully the seats

Quick Reply: TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets