Sponsored by:

TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Are you talking about TrackSpec or AutoQuest?
AutoQuest. Sorry.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:33 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

TrackSpec are pricey for those two small brackets (I realized the listed price is for one seat!) but hey if it works and does the job well... the black production ones are supposed to be available for purchase by next month (May) apparently
Old 05-02-2018, 06:29 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
TrackSpec are pricey for those two small brackets (I realized the listed price is for one seat!) but hey if it works and does the job well... the black production ones are supposed to be available for purchase by next month (May) apparently
Same price as AutoQuest...
Old 05-02-2018, 08:33 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine back from dealer today, they retightened all the bolts on the AutoQuest, I believe the tech spoke to John, and anyway, it now feels rock solid. I'm pretty happy. The service manager said "I think it's a whole lot better, but if you want it any better than this you'll have to go back to the OEM parts" which concerned me that the movement wasn't completely eliminated. But so far I haven't experienced any of the movement I was before and I will be satisfied unless I start shifting around again. If that happens, I may give the TrackSpec a try. But crossing my fingers that I'll stay happy with the AutoQuest. It was so nice driving home without the ever-so-slight shifting back and forth I've been dealing with.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:02 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge
Got mine back from dealer today, they retightened all the bolts on the AutoQuest, I believe the tech spoke to John, and anyway, it now feels rock solid. I'm pretty happy. The service manager said "I think it's a whole lot better, but if you want it any better than this you'll have to go back to the OEM parts" which concerned me that the movement wasn't completely eliminated. But so far I haven't experienced any of the movement I was before and I will be satisfied unless I start shifting around again. If that happens, I may give the TrackSpec a try. But crossing my fingers that I'll stay happy with the AutoQuest. It was so nice driving home without the ever-so-slight shifting back and forth I've been dealing with.
Your tech did indeed give me a ring, and I figured it was yours after our conversation at Smokies this weekend. Typical Porsche statement there, not surprised haha. Very happy you are back enjoying the adjusters, and of course it was a pleasure meeting you in person as well : )
Old 06-24-2018, 11:29 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 511 Posts

Just installed a set of TrackSpec LWB recliner brackets. One hour job. Took about 10 minutes to get used to the new position. Definitely keeping them in the car. I'll most likely put a set in the passenger side. Nice product.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:34 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I did buy a set of the TrackSpec brackets. But... I haven't installed them because I've actually gotten used to the stock seat angle and I like it lol. Or at least I'm in no rush to install the brackets at this time.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Just installed a set of TrackSpec LWB recliner brackets. One hour job. Took about 10 minutes to get used to the new position. Definitely keeping them in the car. I'll most likely put a set in the passenger side. Nice product.
I bought a set and haven't installed them yet, but it's on the to-do list. I have a set of the AutoQuest arms in the GT4 and am going to put a set of the TrackSpec brackets in the GT3, so I should have a good comparison between the two.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I bought a set and haven't installed them yet, but it's on the to-do list. I have a set of the AutoQuest arms in the GT4 and am going to put a set of the TrackSpec brackets in the GT3, so I should have a good comparison between the two.
Looking forward to your thoughts on the two. With the angle change I needed to raise my seat a bit (5'10"), raise the steering wheel and extend the steering wheel rearward. I have a lot of titanium bits and pieces in my spine so I was worried about making any changes to the seat. Definitely more comfortable with the TrackSpec brackets.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:26 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

UPDATE:

Another member and I recently installed the TrackSpec brackets in both our cars. Easy enough of an install. The product itself is quality. Machined well, simple design. Does the trick.

My buddy likes the reclined angle. Definitely puts your head in a better position with a helmet on the track. However I do not like the reclined position. I've gotten used to the upright stock seats. I found myself wants to lean forward in the seat during high-speed cornering. And due to the reclined position of the seat, I have to keep my core and back muscles tensed to hold myself in position and after about 30 minutes, my back hurt. Whereas with the stock position, all your weight hangs off your spine and skeletal structure and I've gone 3 hours straight in the car with the bucket seats without problems. I'm also 34 years old and in good physical health. So it's not like I've got back issues. Just a preference thing I guess. I like the stock seating angle now that I've spent a few months with it.

I also drive more on the street than the track. I'll do maybe 1-2 track days a year. If you see a lot of track time, then I can see how this modification would be a better option. The AutoQuest brackets seem to recline the seat even farther. So I definitely wouldn't like those.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:35 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

^ that was a good recap and IMO once I got my bucket seats installed, I actually found that the only issue I had was with the lumbar support or lack thereof in the LWBS, and not the angle of the seat back. This is solely for street driving though, and makes sense for those who track to get the brackets if the helmet is getting pushed forward
Old 08-14-2018, 06:42 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I have had both the autoquest seat angle recliners and the trackspec bracketsn (autoquest on my 991.1 GT3 and track spec on 991.2 GT3). The trackspec were easier to install and worked better. Lifting the front of the seat just makes more sense to me (the way the track spec brackets work). Also, my seat slides back on a neutral plane - with the autoquest version, my seat slid back on an uneven plane and was a bit rough.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM
meowpox
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your support of our Trackspec Autosports LWB Seat brackets. It seems another shop (TAG Motorsports) copied our exact design, and started selling them here on Rennlist as a site sponsor. Just letting you guys know that Trackspec Autosports DOES NOT sell the brackets to other vendors for them to rebrand and resell.

My fiance spent a lot of time coming up with this design. We even had one of our customers who is an engineer make the CAD file as a favor to us. All our brackets are manufactured by a local machine shop, here in CA. We had multiple revisions of it and finally got it right. We are a small service shop (opened 4 years ago) that wanted to help a customer address the angle issue he was having with his seats. We are not in the business of manufacturing parts, but thought many people can benefit from these brackets, so we put them out there on the market.

Shops like TAG Motorsports, who just copy and steal from small shops like us, just make this industry more frustrating to deal with.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:07 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by meowpox
Thank you all for your support of our Trackspec Autosports LWB Seat brackets. It seems another shop (TAG Motorsports) copied our exact design, and started selling them here on Rennlist as a site sponsor. Just letting you guys know that Trackspec Autosports DOES NOT sell the brackets to other vendors for them to rebrand and resell.

My fiance spent a lot of time coming up with this design. We even had one of our customers who is an engineer make the CAD file as a favor to us. All our brackets are manufactured by a local machine shop, here in CA. We had multiple revisions of it and finally got it right. We are a small service shop (opened 4 years ago) that wanted to help a customer address the angle issue he was having with his seats. We are not in the business of manufacturing parts, but thought many people can benefit from these brackets, so we put them out there on the market.

Shops like TAG Motorsports, who just copy and steal from small shops like us, just make this industry more frustrating to deal with.
I saw those the other day. I think that is pretty terrible to steal a design like that but it happens a lot in today's world. Design patents are important. I was planning to order a lot of carbon parts for my car from TAG; I guess I'll look elsewhere.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:53 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by meowpox

Agreed, I saw the TAG parts and just shook my head... I run your Trackspec parts on my car!

Quick Reply: TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets