Sponsored by:

TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 08:40 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Everyone's different I guess, but I find it uncommon your hubby prefers the seat in it's stock position, considering everybody who reclines the seats seems to love it.
I don't love it. I've tried. Mine are coming out soon and will likely be for sale. The car is big and bloated enough, I don't like feeling like I'm laying back in a lazyboy. The recline is way too much.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:08 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
I don't love it. I've tried. Mine are coming out soon and will likely be for sale. The car is big and bloated enough, I don't like feeling like I'm laying back in a lazyboy. The recline is way too much.
Which brackets do you have? The TrackSpec ones have less recline.

AutoQuest: 1.5"
TrackSpec: 1.0"
Old 04-23-2018, 09:11 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Which brackets do you have? The TrackSpec ones have less recline.

AutoQuest: 1.5"
TrackSpec: 1.0"
I have Autoquest.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Very cool design. I am using BBi fixed mount but lots of adjust ability but not not using seats power. These are a great design.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:45 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Leaning this direction also - I feel like my legs/ knees are way up in the air now - not a perfect solution by any means.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:51 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Very cool design. I am using BBi fixed mount but lots of adjust ability but not not using seats power. These are a great design.
BBI has a bracket that's adjustable and works with stock seats?
Old 05-01-2018, 03:49 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

46+2—

My autoquest one’s are super loud. They work great, I really like the adjustable angle as you go through the height range- it is exactly the same as stock, but reclined a bit more the whole way through the range (stock angle changes through the range too).

if it was primarily a track car, I wouldn’t care, but I will probably get rid of the autoquest ones if these new ones work just as well but don’t cause any “knocking” under weight transfer.

i paid a dealer to install them, so feel a bit burnt by the experience...
Old 05-01-2018, 10:45 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
46+2—

My autoquest one’s are super loud. They work great, I really like the adjustable angle as you go through the height range- it is exactly the same as stock, but reclined a bit more the whole way through the range (stock angle changes through the range too).

if it was primarily a track car, I wouldn’t care, but I will probably get rid of the autoquest ones if these new ones work just as well but don’t cause any “knocking” under weight transfer.

Wait what? They make noise? I know if you have the seat fully reclined with the autoquest ones they hit the rear bar or something like that. Is that what you're experiencing? I think the solution is to raise the seat up a few mm. Have you tried that? And yes, I will be trying these TrackSpec ones first.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:54 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

Wait what? They make noise? I know if you have the seat fully reclined with the autoquest ones they hit the rear bar or something like that. Is that what you're experiencing? I think the solution is to raise the seat up a few mm. Have you tried that? And yes, I will be trying these TrackSpec ones first.
My Autoquest adjuster arms don't make any noise. Not sure what type of noise you're hearing but that doesn't seem right.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
My Autoquest adjuster arms don't make any noise. Not sure what type of noise you're hearing but that doesn't seem right.
I'm not hearing any noise, since I don't have a car yet lol...

But I do know in the main thread about AutoQuest there is the issue of some rear bar/brace making contact with the seat rail when the seat is fully lowered. So maybe that the noise this guy is talking about?
Old 05-01-2018, 11:15 AM
JCN83
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
46+2—

I can attest to this. It happens on 1 of the 4 Autoquest brackets that I received. I wouldn't call it "loud" but there's definitely a slight "clicking" sound when my passenger seat moves forward and back / up and down under load. John at Autoquest said that the hole in their bracket must be larger than the stock bolt by a hair. Very disappointing that there was inconsistency in the product. Especially considering the price point.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:59 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the same problem with the AutoQuest adjusters - just a slight amount of "free play" allows for movement when starting/stopping/depressing the clutch. Drives me nuts. Another buddy (and RLer) had the same issue but had his installer go back in and torque the bolts down tighter, as John at AutoQuest advised. And his seats are now completely free of the undesirable movement. John told me the same thing, that 99% of the time they just need to be tightened more than OEM spec because of the slight bit of extra room in the hole. I've also heard of others using a different washer than what's supplied to get a better result. I'm taking mine back in tomorrow, hoping for a good outcome, because I really prefer the angle to stock, especially with a helmet. But I'm telling my tech if he can't eliminate the free play, just put the OEM parts back in, because it drives me that crazy. At which point I would probably then try the TrackSpec solution. I'll report back tomorrow if my guy gets it sorted for me.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:10 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge
I'm having the same problem with the AutoQuest adjusters - just a slight amount of "free play" allows for movement when starting/stopping/depressing the clutch. Drives me nuts. Another buddy (and RLer) had the same issue but had his installer go back in and torque the bolts down tighter, as John at AutoQuest advised. And his seats are now completely free of the undesirable movement. John told me the same thing, that 99% of the time they just need to be tightened more than OEM spec because of the slight bit of extra room in the hole. I've also heard of others using a different washer than what's supplied to get a better result. I'm taking mine back in tomorrow, hoping for a good outcome, because I really prefer the angle to stock, especially with a helmet. But I'm telling my tech if he can't eliminate the free play, just put the OEM parts back in, because it drives me that crazy. At which point I would probably then try the TrackSpec solution. I'll report back tomorrow if my guy gets it sorted for me.
Same experience here...
Old 05-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Finding the same issue with Trackquest: too much recline. I find myself leaning forward off the back of the seats, then if I pull the seat forward, I have a hard time getting my legs out from under the steering wheel while getting out. Short arm long leg problem, I guess. I may get the TrackSpec, just hate paying again for the same thing.

As to the noise and movement, I don't experience any. It's rock solid, quiet.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:39 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Palting
Finding the same issue with Trackquest.
Are you talking about TrackSpec or AutoQuest?

Quick Reply: TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets