Sponsored by:

Cool Porsche video. Top 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Agreed ... and it's about $50k cheaper than a Panny TT when both are well equipped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdBT0DRC21Y

My old man wagon:

All great cars in the original post video ... it's amazing in how short a time the CGT has become a relatively slow car.
Still, it's the best sounding street legal stock P car I've ever heard.
Soulsea, that is an awesome wagon. I can't wait for my wagon to get here. Here's spec sheet
Name:  p5q2Anl.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  832.6 KB
Old 03-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
Wagon commands extra respect. And yes. Funny that CGT is the slowest car. Probably most fun though with possible exception of GT2RS. But definitely best sounding.
Originally Posted by Bardman
Slowest from a launch. Rolling start would have been more interesting.
Exactly.

CGT has a ridiculously tricky clutch and a high revving engine, vs an AWD turbo wagon with electric torque fill. Talking about stacking the deck.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:06 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Psup4s
I couldn't agree more with you. I test drove a sedan and I was amazed at how fast this car really is. Test drove a panamera over the weekend as well and it didn't even come close with the chrono package.
I just got home from putting a deposit on a 2018 AMG wagon that is actually being built right now.... I just couldn't resist
I have a 2014 (5.5 L Twin Turbos rated at 577 HP although Motor Trend has dynoed them closer to 700 HP) E63S Sedan. It is indeed a worthy and lower cost alternative to the TTS and definitely a keeper.
The E63S's low speed Torque driving in traffic is unexcelled. IMHO, I still prefer the more precise handling and steering of my 4.8 L V8 400 HP Panamera S. Both cars, although they have HUGE brakes, their brakes will not last more than a few laps around most race Tracks when run close to Maximum power. 4,400 Lbs is simply too much weight to throw around for long periods on track. Both are probably at the pinnacle of 4 Door Sedan performance and both are great fun to drive, with incredible high-speed acceleration which will leave 99% of high speed challengers in their dust and extremely comfortable for 750-1000 mile driving days. And I love the E-63S's Spare Tire Tool Kit and Jack stowed under the trunk floor leaving the entire trunk available for luggage. Both have convenient folding Rear Seat Backs.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:37 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

A CGT and a E63 would be a great pair. E63 during the week and CGT on weekends.

And agreed the CGT sounds amazing.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Yeah I noticed the same thing lol. I'm a copywriter, so I write scripts for commercials and whatnot and this thing had me laughing out loud at how utterly corny it is. Either have a real person narrating in a legit conversational voice with all the forced slang, or make it serious and depressing like the guy in the video. One or the other. Trying to combine the two is awful.

The script and the voice over just don't match. It's like they wrote it for Chris Harris to read while having a beer, but then got a nihilist in a black turtleneck to do it.
well NOW im going to watch it- this sounds like exactly the sort of bad B movie I enjoy...
Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
I have a 2014 (5.5 L Twin Turbos rated at 577 HP although Motor Trend has dynoed them closer to 700 HP) E63S Sedan. It is indeed a worthy and lower cost alternative to the TTS and definitely a keeper.
The E63S's low speed Torque driving in traffic is unexcelled. IMHO, I still prefer the more precise handling and steering of my 4.8 L V8 400 HP Panamera S. Both cars, although they have HUGE brakes, their brakes will not last more than a few laps around most race Tracks when run close to Maximum power. 4,400 Lbs is simply too much weight to throw around for long periods on track. Both are probably at the pinnacle of 4 Door Sedan performance and both are great fun to drive, with incredible high-speed acceleration which will leave 99% of high speed challengers in their dust and extremely comfortable for 750-1000 mile driving days. And I love the E-63S's Spare Tire Tool Kit and Jack stowed under the trunk floor leaving the entire trunk available for luggage. Both have convenient folding Rear Seat Backs.
I guess I was expecting more from the Panamera when I test drove it. I currently own a 2014 AMG E63S wagon which I happen to love however, the new AMG is much better and feels much faster out of the box. I like the Panamera new interior but AMG's is up there as well and possible better. As far as going to the track with it, although i'm sure it would be fun, I don't see myself doing that much but who knows I may do that more often than not.

Quick Reply: Cool Porsche video. Top 5